• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 pksage

pksage

Mostly-Benevolent Overlord

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 01:56 PM

Blog post: October 18, 2013 – Happy birthday, Weird Al! Celebrate 30 years of Al with a 12-song megapack (and RBHP upgrades)!

Use this thread to provide feedback on any of the following songs:
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Albuquerque" (Gigakoops, drummerockband, and pksage)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Amish Paradise" (TrojanNemo)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Another One Rides the Bus" (drummerockband)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Dare to Be Stupid" (Nyxyxylyth)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Eat It" (drummerockband c/o Neversoft)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Gump" (drummerockband c/o Harmonix)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Hardware Store" (Orange Harrison)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "I’ll Sue Ya" (drummerockband)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Polka Power!" (pksage)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Pretty Fly for a Rabbi" (pksage c/o Harmonix)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "Trigger Happy" (Orange Harrison)
  • "Weird Al" Yankovic - "White & Nerdy" (drummerockband)
Please use this thread for feedback and general discussion. To report a bug or other issue with these songs, visit the C3 Bug Tracker.

#2 stampface

stampface
  • 59 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 02:21 PM

Thanks guys, you nearly made me shit myself as soon as I saw the topic title. Getting everything, thanks so flippin' much. Who knows where we'd be without C3.

#3 C16

C16
  • 347 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 03:20 PM

How come there's never a link to the Harmonies Updates in the news post on the front page? Would make things easier, whether it's a link to the spreadsheet or espher's thread.

#4 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 464 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 03:33 PM

How come there's never a link to the Harmonies Updates in the news post on the front page? Would make things easier, whether it's a link to the spreadsheet or espher's thread.

It didn't come in a separate article. Just read further down and you'll find the updates and the link to the spreadsheet.

#5 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 03:37 PM

You forgot to mention in the blog post that I helped with the Drums on Another One Rides The Bus and the Guitar on Eat It, otherwise awesome week

horror_movie_special fan club member

#6 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,197 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 04:03 PM

Big pack. I've never heard much (or anything) of Weird Al but it seems like these are mostly parody songs since they're all Novelty. I'm glad the converts got up as soon as the songs were made available. Hardware Store may be missing temporarily, but it can also be downloaded here.

I completely missed the RBHP releases this week but I should have them ready within the next 12 hours. I definitely need to grab those The Offspring upgrades!

#7 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,319 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 04:07 PM

This is one of the best weeks yet. :wth:

#8 pksage

pksage

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 04:17 PM

You forgot to mention in the blog post that I helped with the Drums on Another One Rides The Bus and the Guitar on Eat It, otherwise awesome week

Fixed.

I've never heard much (or anything) of Weird Al

This genuinely surprises me. May I ask in what country you grew up? In the United States, Weird Al is kind of a universal constant.

#9 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,080 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 04:18 PM

Really loving this pack. Been a fan of Weird Al for a long time now, and I'm glad we can finally play his songs on Rock Band. I'm hoping we can do a second pack someday, so that we can get those missing hits that are "subtly" brought up in the blog post ;)

#10 C16

C16
  • 347 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 04:19 PM

It didn't come in a separate article. Just read further down and you'll find the updates and the link to the spreadsheet.

I see the updates, but there's no links past the Weird Al Visualizer images.

#11 pksage

pksage

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 04:39 PM

I see the updates, but there's no links past the Weird Al Visualizer images.

It's linked earlier in the post. RBHP is not officially part of C3; it's our sister project, and notifications of its updates are included as a convenience and not as the official download source. (That would be the RBHP site itself and its Twitter feed and stuff.)

I'll add a link there anyway.

#12 C16

C16
  • 347 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 04:46 PM

Geez, it was hard to see. Bolding it would help since I went straight down to the list of songs upgraded and didn't see anything there.

#13 drummerockband

drummerockband

I Charted Tegan and Sara and All I Got Was This Crappy Title

• 756 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 04:49 PM

I'll give anyone an cookie if they can 100% the guitar solo on "Eat It" on expert.

#14 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 5,754 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 05:21 PM

Congratulations to everybody involved (C3 minus me, essentially, it seems. :D ), this is the kind of team effort that makes me proud we have a team. :)

To all the people not involved: you have no idea how much effort the guys put into this in terms of preparation and details, they deserve a ton of credit!

#15 Jusey1

Jusey1
  • 658 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 05:44 PM

OMG. This guy, lol. Nice one on this week.
~My Customs~
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1111

~My Custom Fixes and Upgrades~
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1569

#16 pksage

pksage

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 05:45 PM

Geez, it was hard to see. Bolding it would help since I went straight down to the list of songs upgraded and didn't see anything there.

Dude. What did I say in my post? Just bookmark the RBHP spreadsheet. We're never going to offer direct download links here, so you'll have to go there anyway.

IF YOU DOWNLOADED PRETTY FLY FOR A RABBI BEFORE THIS POST, PLEASE RE-DOWNLOAD IT. That version had an animation bug that results in a fixed camera angle for the entire song. The current version should fix it.

#17 Orange Harrison

Orange Harrison
  • 72 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 07:11 PM

Ah, glad that got fixed. I noticed it while playing this morning.
However, in my version of "Dare to be Stupid" the drummer is inanimate.

#18 GandWuser

GandWuser
  • 88 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 09:50 PM

This is actually pretty awesome. I'll pass on the parodies, but I'd probably get the original songs, especially Hardware Store (why is it rated FF? It has a line about "automatic circumsizers"!).
Suckers!

#19 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,372 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 10:02 PM

However, in my version of "Dare to be Stupid" the drummer is inanimate.

Should be okay now.

#20 beastman

beastman
  • 149 posts

Posted October 18, 2013 - 10:35 PM

Awesome job everybody. I've been a Weird Al fan since he was just a call-in guy on the Dr. Demento Show in the "Stop Draggin' My Car Around" days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users