• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#21 pksage

pksage

Mostly-Benevolent Overlord

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 12:51 AM

"Gimme Sympathy" has temporarily/permanently replaced with a non-multitracked version until it gets better stems, if that ever happens. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#22 Hetz

Hetz

Beacon of Positivity

• 761 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 12:58 AM

Thanks for the great 80's Hair Metal! I love all of it! :)

#23 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 11:40 AM

Absolutely love the '80s metal pack, especially Quiet Riot. More Vice City FTW! And Jukebox the Ghost is a fantastic choice.

Any particular reason why Cum on Feel the Noize has no keys charted? I can definitely hear some in that trailer. No decent MIDIs/sheet music about?

#24 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,391 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 12:29 PM

Any particular reason why Cum on Feel the Noize has no keys charted? I can definitely hear some in that trailer. No decent MIDIs/sheet music about?

Two reasons. There's nothing, and it's one of those songs with most of the stuff buried in the mix. Since it's not a prominent instrument (in which case we would have had to include it) and I had nothing to work with, I had to scrap it.

#25 Mycool

Mycool
  • 146 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 08:51 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned since it's a pretty minor detail but the updated version of Home Sweet Home sorts as a separate artist from the rest of the Mötley stuff (in game, sort by artist) because the umlaut was left off the "u" in Crüe (shows up by itself as Mötley Crue while all the rest is correctly listed under Mötley Crüe). I was able to fix the .dta file using LeFluffie, but I still had to delete my song cache and build it up again for the correction to show up in the game. I lost the high scores on most of my customs by doing this but it's cool since I've been toying with switching to the 2-profile/2-USB stick method anyway, so this gives me a perfect opportunity to start my new "customs only" profile with a clean slate. But I admit there was a moment there where I was shaking my fist and yelling "DAMN YOU STINKIN' UMLAUTS!"

#26 pksage

pksage

Mostly-Benevolent Overlord

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 09:51 PM

Not sure if this was mentioned since it's a pretty minor detail but the updated version of Home Sweet Home sorts as a separate artist from the rest of the Mötley stuff (in game, sort by artist) because the umlaut was left off the "u" in Crüe (shows up by itself as Mötley Crue while all the rest is correctly listed under Mötley Crüe). I was able to fix the .dta file using LeFluffie, but I still had to delete my song cache and build it up again for the correction to show up in the game. I lost the high scores on most of my customs by doing this but it's cool since I've been toying with switching to the 2-profile/2-USB stick method anyway, so this gives me a perfect opportunity to start my new "customs only" profile with a clean slate. But I admit there was a moment there where I was shaking my fist and yelling "DAMN YOU STINKIN' UMLAUTS!"

Can you please report this as a bug?

#27 Mycool

Mycool
  • 146 posts

Posted October 12, 2013 - 10:49 PM

Oops, I forgot about the tracker. Will do.

#28 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,391 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 12:49 PM

I was able to fix the .dta file using LeFluffie, but I still had to delete my song cache and build it up again for the correction to show up in the game.

No need to do that, a simple song ID change will do the trick.

#29 Arodofsuburbia.

Arodofsuburbia.
  • 19 posts

Posted October 13, 2013 - 07:47 PM

You guys hit home with Ben Folds cheers to that very much, hopefully some more is in consideration some Ben Folds Five stuff too!

#30 Mycool

Mycool
  • 146 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 04:28 PM

I was able to fix the .dta file using LeFluffie, but I still had to delete my song cache and build it up again for the correction to show up in the game.

No need to do that, a simple song ID change will do the trick.

Good to know going forward. I thought about doing that but since I'm new to all this, I wasn't really sure if doing that would screw something else up so I decided to just rebuild the cache. So is there any "guideline" to follow when changing a song ID? How do you know if that number isn't already assigned to another track? I know the odds are strongly against that, but knowing my luck...

#31 Farottone

Farottone

• Administrator
  • 6,391 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 04:53 PM

Good to know going forward. I thought about doing that but since I'm new to all this, I wasn't really sure if doing that would screw something else up so I decided to just rebuild the cache. So is there any "guideline" to follow when changing a song ID? How do you know if that number isn't already assigned to another track? I know the odds are strongly against that, but knowing my luck...

Song IDs are assigned by authors. Some authors, like me, choose to append a prefix to the song ID, so in example you would have far_18andlife. If you append a "v2", since you haven't installed any other song named 18 And Life done by me, you're pretty safe. You can also wait a couple of days and I'll fix the issue. :)

#32 Mycool

Mycool
  • 146 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 05:38 PM

Oh okay, I didn't realize that the song ID contained the title. Shows how little I know, I thought it was strictly a numerical value. Thanks for the tip.

#33 Korewahondes

Korewahondes
  • 163 posts

Posted October 14, 2013 - 07:33 PM

Thank you for this week's update (what, am I late? :P), especially for 18 and Life that I loved to play back in GH80's time! :)

You can also wait a couple of days and I'll fix the issue. :)

I also noticed this one and tried to fix it myself (as I wrote in RBHP topic 'cos I used their dummy/upgrade tool) and miserably failed. xD As a consequence, I'll wait too.

Korewahondes.png

#34 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted August 28, 2014 - 04:25 PM

Enter the Hive is now updated with a louder in-game volume, fixed audio preview time and a minor fix on Guitar and Bass. If you had issues with hearing this one clearly in-game before, be sure to re-download it.

I also updated Afterlife to fix the album art being all pixelated and stuff, so there is that too.

horror_movie_special fan club member

#35 Sin Ominous

Sin Ominous
  • 207 posts

Posted November 1, 2018 - 08:13 PM

Sorry to resurrect an old discussion, but the Xbox link for Fluttering Romance (2x Bass Pedal) seems to be broken on the legacy database, and I can't find said version upon doing a search on the current database — only the single pedal version exists on there, with no sublink on the description page.

I ask because I have more luck converting to Wii using C3 CON Tools, than working with a pre-made Wii builds on the database. Any help on finding a re-upload of 2x would be fantastic.

:hocuspocus: 'Member Rock Band?

Oh, I 'member! The customs are fantastic! :brosius: 

sig.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users