Are you a discerning man or woman of wealth and taste? Do you enjoy the fresh new content that the authors comprising the Customs Creators Collective put out every week? Are you interested in helping us to make that content even better? Have you answered yes to the past three questions? If so, consider joining the Collective as a Playtester!
The Customs Creators Collective (C3) is seeking interested members of the community to join the Collective and become a key part of our playtesting process. Reporting to the administrator responsible for playtesting, members of the playtest team will be responsible for providing support to authors and to each other as part of the chart development process. Testers are a key part of this process, as they are able to provide authors with a second (or third, or fourth) set of eyes to identify potential errors and offer recommendations/input on charts prior to their release, helping to deliver a polished product. Playtesting is a great gateway for someone looking to eventual become an author, as you get a feel for the tools, processes, and requirements of authoring a successful, quality full band chart.
Your Responsibilities as a Playtester
- Review charts entering playtest to help identify potential errors and offer solicited input into the chart's construction.
- Provide succinct, clear feedback to authors, often focusing on authors' specific requests.
- Complete a number of assigned tests per week (this amount will vary with the number of testers and the number of charts needing review). Failure to complete assigned tests will result in removal from the playtesting team. You can playtest outside of your assigned tests if you feel like going above and beyond, of course.
- Maintain familiarity with RBN charting standards and those of C3 (where they differ).
- Ability to playtest customs in an Xbox 360 environment OR fluency in authoring/REAPER.
- Familiarity and proficiency with the instrument(s) you wish to test.
- Flexibility within your schedule with regards to number of tests per week.
- Written competence in English.
- Proficiency in multiple instruments, including keys/pro keys and pro guitar.
- Diverse musical tastes.
- Experience authoring customs or RBN charts.
- Familiarity with REAPER and the ability to review/apply corrections to songs would be considered a significant asset.
- Knowledge of music theory.
- Analytical Thinking
- Effective Communication Ability
- Self-Control/Ability to Work Independently
We encourage interested parties to express interest by sending me a private message or e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include an e-mail address (if PMing), your account on the C3 forums (if e-mailing), instruments you are able to test (with preferences and difficulties noted), the number of hours you believe you would be able to devote week-to-week to testing, any genre preferences, past testing/beta testing experience (Rock Band or otherwise), and any other cool facts that you think I should know about you, because, why not?