Sept 27, 2013 - Edwyn Collins, Hanson, PotUSA, Godsmack; Maroon 5 and Buckethead FtV

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 pksage

pksage

Mostly-Benevolent Overlord

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 01:58 AM

Blog post: September 27, 2013 – ’90s Pop 3-pack and Godsmack, with Maroon 5 and Buckethead FtV, RBHP upgrades, and Phase Shift support!

Use this thread to provide feedback on any of the following songs:
  • Buckethead & Friends - "We Are One" (Nightmare Lyre and TrojanNemo)
  • Edwyn Collins - "A Girl Like You" (farottone)
  • Godsmack - "Whatever" (RyanHYK)
  • Hanson - "MMMBop" (drummerockband)
  • Maroon 5 - "Harder to Breathe" (TrojanNemo)
  • Maroon 5 - "She Will Be Loved" (TrojanNemo)
  • The Presidents of the United States of America - "Video Killed the Radio Star" (farottone)
Please use this thread for feedback and general discussion. To report a bug or other issue with these songs, visit the C3 Bug Tracker.

#2 TylerFG

TylerFG
  • 109 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 02:10 PM

*insert post about how MMMBop was an "Oh, that song!" moment for me here.*

Other than that, great week. The Edwyn Collins song has my interest for this week. Kinda reminds me of Bowie meets 60s Motown....weirdly enough.

#3 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 03:57 PM

Neat! I know all of these except Buckethead. Got a nice mix going there.

If I had picked a Godsmack song, it would have been "Voodoo," but "Whatever" should be fun in a stupid way. "I Stand Alone" is a bad song, but one that I've always had a blast drumming to. "Mmmbop" is the song of the week, imo. It is stupid, but undeniably catchy and should be a bit with guests.

When I saw PotUSA, I immediately assumed "Kitty" or "Detroit Rocks," but I forgot about that remake. I hope there's a chance that we'll get the original at some point.

"A girl like you" is probably the best song of the week. I like the vaguely gothy vibe. Good choice!

Thanks as always for everyone's hard work. I'm starting to feel like such a leech, that I am considering dipping my toes into the customs creating scene myself.

#4 funkydunkleman

funkydunkleman
  • 682 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 04:02 PM

Nice to see a Presidents' track. There's what? 4 in the game? They were long overdue for another one.

My Customs (Now only ⅔ ACDC!)

#5 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 04:18 PM

Any chance of charting the original Video Killed The Radio Star down the line? I prefer my high pitched vocals to be sung by females rather than falsetto dudes :P

horror_movie_special fan club member

#6 pksage

pksage

Mostly-Benevolent Overlord

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 04:42 PM

Any chance

I mean, there's a chance that all of the Sun's molecules will decide to turn into chocolate at the same time, leading to a delicious apocalypse.

#7 gpumeatball

gpumeatball
  • 38 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 04:58 PM

VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR!! HAHA YES!!

Also, I has Buckethead in my head the moment I read KFC in that hint thread! Thanks guys!

#8 TrowaAyanami

TrowaAyanami
  • 46 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 05:26 PM

Another great week, had a massive "OH, that song!" moment with A Girl Like You.

If I have to nitpick, on Harder to Breathe, the first "whoa" part in the first chorus is out of tune (basically, instead of B, C#, E & C#, it came out as F, E, F, C#), the rest of the "whoa"s throughout the song are spot on though.

Also, on Chorus 2B, the 2 "harder and harder" parts on harmony 2 were in the same E pitch as the "Is there anyone out there, cause it's gettin" parts, when it's actually in D#.

I know I'm probably sounding like Douchey McNitpick here, but overall, it's not that big of a deal considering how you guys are still putting out awesome customs to keep the RB train still going.

Keep up the great work, guys.

#9 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 05:35 PM

If only some of us had spent many hours setting up a database for people to use and submit things for us to check and fix... oh, wait...

#10 CrazyCanuck

CrazyCanuck
  • 392 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 07:32 PM

CCC and RyanHYK *uck'in rock!! I got my Godsmack. Cannot wait to drum this. Stereo is definetly going to 11 tonight. The whole reason i watched last weeks authoring video (thanks again pksage) was to learn how to chart drums for Godsmack songs. Again, you guys rock, keep up the good work!

#11 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,594 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 07:43 PM

Been waiting for "video killed the radio star" for a long time even though its a cover version. I also really like the Buckethead, Edwyn Collins, and Hanson tracks. Very cool week authors!

#12 Gigakoops

Gigakoops

Resident Movie Nerd

• 1,094 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 07:46 PM

Like the variety here. The 90's and Maroon 5 stuff is all very nostalgic to me, and Buckethead succeeds in filling in the shred quota for the week. I definitely would have bought the whole thing had it been HMX DLC.

#13 GandWuser

GandWuser
  • 88 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:37 AM

Lookin' good this week, as usual.

I thought Nightmare's We are One was never going to be an official C3 release because of Norwegian copyright laws though?
Suckers!

#14 Nightmare Lyra

Nightmare Lyra

Ukulele Hero

• 1,957 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:15 AM

I thought Nightmare's We are One was never going to be an official C3 release because of Norwegian copyright laws though?

You might say, I got a little help from a... Trojan Horse called Nemo :c00l:

horror_movie_special fan club member

#15 GandWuser

GandWuser
  • 88 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 01:29 AM

You might say, I got a little help from a... Trojan Horse called Nemo :c00l:

Actually, I was going to suggest the same idea. Glad you figured it out before I got a chance to. :)
Suckers!

#16 Infra-Man

Infra-Man
  • 51 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 06:44 PM

Great work to all! The Hanson tune will be fun to play. It should get many plays on my console. I would really like to give a "BIG THANKS" to having another Godsmack Tune!!!

ROCK ON C3 CUSTOMS!!!

#17 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,976 posts

Posted October 2, 2013 - 12:47 AM

If I have to nitpick, on Harder to Breathe, the first "whoa" part in the first chorus is out of tune (basically, instead of B, C#, E & C#, it came out as F, E, F, C#), the rest of the "whoa"s throughout the song are spot on though.

I see what you're saying, in that the first "whoah" part is not the same as all other instances. This went through playtesting and was either deemed correct or somehow missed, since the rest of the chart has feedback on the "whoah" parts. I can change it, but i'm confused. You say it should be B C# E C#, but all of the other instances are B C# F C#, so, are they all wrong, or are you wrong in the pitch suggestion?

Also, on Chorus 2B, the 2 "harder and harder" parts on harmony 2 were in the same E pitch as the "Is there anyone out there, cause it's gettin" parts, when it's actually in D#.

How are you looking at the chart? None of that makes sense. "Is there any- one out there, 'cause it's get- tin'" is almost all in C#, not E. Since your reference pitch is incorrect, I'm not sure I can trust the suggested pitch change. Not to mention, the "hard- er and hard- er" parts are not charted all in E either. Either you're looking at the wrong file, or you're not looking at the midi file itself.

When it comes to pitches I rely heavily on playtesting feedback. I am willing to trust your feedback once you clarify the discrepancies between what you're saying is in the chart and what is actually in the chart. Otherwise I can't trust what you're saying I need to change to.

When you do that, please use our Bug Tracker to report the suggestions, in as much detail as you can, and I'll be glad to look it over then.

#18 TrowaAyanami

TrowaAyanami
  • 46 posts

Posted October 2, 2013 - 03:15 PM

I see what you're saying, in that the first "whoah" part is not the same as all other instances. This went through playtesting and was either deemed correct or somehow missed, since the rest of the chart has feedback on the "whoah" parts. I can change it, but i'm confused. You say it should be B C# E C#, but all of the other instances are B C# F C#, so, are they all wrong, or are you wrong in the pitch suggestion?

After looking at the choruses again, I think they're all wrong. It is supposed to be B, C#, E, C#, not B, C#, F, C#. I was just leaving for work at the time, so I kinda rushed it without looking at it again.

How are you looking at the chart?

The way I was looking at the chart went like this:

I went to practice mode, turned down the background music and turned up the vocals, so that it was just acapella.

I played through the choruses on their own, then I played it back again with the vocals slightly turned down and the guide pitch turned on.

When I noticed the error, I then used my piano to find out what the right pitch was meant to be just to double check.

"Is there any- one out there, 'cause it's get- tin'" is almost all in C#, not E. Since your reference pitch is incorrect, I'm not sure I can trust the suggested pitch change. Not to mention, the "hard- er and hard- er" parts are not charted all in E either. Either you're looking at the wrong file, or you're not looking at the midi file itself.

I was talking about the 2nd harmony, which was in E, not the lead, which was in C#.

All I was saying was the "harder and hard" parts on harmony 2 in Chorus 2B were supposed to be in D#, but it was still in E.

Anyway, I didn't notice the "Report Song Issues" at the top, I just thought feedback was done in the forum topic, so I apologise. I'll know for next time.

#19 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,407 posts

Posted October 3, 2013 - 12:37 AM

After looking at the choruses again, I think they're all wrong. It is supposed to be B, C#, E, C#, not B, C#, F, C#. I was just leaving for work at the time, so I kinda rushed it without looking at it again.

Thanks Trowa. Sometimes it's tough to communicate the right feedback - some of my playtest feedback was a little scrambled when I wrote it down, and some of it got scrambled in the track. We'll have a patched up version soon :)

#20 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,976 posts

Posted October 3, 2013 - 05:30 PM

Maroon 5 - Harder to Breathe was updated with the vocal fixes provided by Nyxyxylyth.
Re-download from the DB to get the newest version.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users