RB3 Cache Exporter - Make song booklets in seconds! Now in C3 CON Tools!

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#21 Sid Kafizz

Sid Kafizz
  • 264 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 07:01 PM

That's got it! Thank you. Takes a few seconds to generate the file! Now I just gotta update & prettify it in excel.

And buy a new toner cartridge and a ream of paper. I'm almost at 2800 songs without the last few weeks of releases. I'm gonna have to start worrying about the song limit soon.

Wonderful work on the utility - thank you very much for creating it.

#22 CrazyCanuck

CrazyCanuck
  • 389 posts

Posted September 21, 2013 - 11:01 PM

Beautiful!!
Thanks for the update to LeFluffie. Works awesome.

#23 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 03:10 AM

Okay okay, I know I'll be the first and only to ask, but is it practical to make this work for Wii? I don't know how Xbox caches look like but if the score behavior is anything to go by, it's probably really, really similar.

#24 C16

C16
  • 350 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 03:15 AM

Any plans to make it generate a simple text file as an alternative? Something that just shows the songs maybe?

#25 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,730 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 04:46 AM

You can do that now by selecting just the song name or artist and song name. The tool does pretty much everything you can want it to do short of formatting. And I think formatting is such a personal thing that it would be a headache for pksage to satisfy everyone.

#26 pksage

pksage

Mostly-Benevolent Overlord

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 03:58 PM

I will be doing PDFs at some point, but since you can format a very sexy song booklet in Excel with very little effort, the current options should work for everyone. "Plain text file" is what it already does; would you like it to just render text out to the browser window instead of offering it as a download?

Okay okay, I know I'll be the first and only to ask, but is it practical to make this work for Wii? I don't know how Xbox caches look like but if the score behavior is anything to go by, it's probably really, really similar.

Pull down a Wii song cache file and I'll take a look!

#27 Sid Kafizz

Sid Kafizz
  • 264 posts

Posted September 24, 2013 - 08:38 PM

I prefer the plain text. Getting pretty output from Excel is a snap after that.

#28 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 12:19 AM

Pull down a Wii song cache file and I'll take a look!

http://ge.tt/1UUlvws/v/0?c
Aside from the proprietary VFF virtual disk format, info and such seems to be there. At the very least, song name and artist is there.

#29 pksage

pksage

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 02:23 PM

At a glance, the part of the cache we care about (the song DTA information) is all intact! So yeah, this should be possible.

I don't know much about VFF, and a very brief Google didn't help much. It sounds like it's just a FAT archive with a modified header? Basically, I need to know if I should try to parse this VFF file directly, or if that's dumb and I should use an extracted/transformed version.

edit: If you can get me one or two other (different) Wii song caches, it might not matter. If the cache data always starts at a particular offset (00005220?), or I can cheat past the file header by finding a pattern that always precedes the song data, I can just do that.

#30 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 04:07 PM

At a glance, the part of the cache we care about (the song DTA information) is all intact! So yeah, this should be possible.

I don't know much about VFF, and a very brief Google didn't help much. It sounds like it's just a FAT archive with a modified header? Basically, I need to know if I should try to parse this VFF file directly, or if that's dumb and I should use an extracted/transformed version.

edit: If you can get me one or two other (different) Wii song caches, it might not matter. If the cache data always starts at a particular offset (00005220?), or I can cheat past the file header by finding a pattern that always precedes the song data, I can just do that.

Here is another one that's got far less songs in it.
http://ge.tt/86smP1t/v/0?c

#31 pksage

pksage

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 07:34 PM

Cool, that one starts the relevant data at the exact same cache offset, even with a different number of songs. I'll build support for them into the current tool with the assumption that it'll always be true, and you can let me know if it ever breaks.

#32 pksage

pksage

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 08:07 PM

Wii support is now live!

http://pksage.com/ccc/cache2csv.php

There was also a bug where vocal genders weren't displaying properly, which is now fixed.

#33 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted September 25, 2013 - 09:44 PM

Awesome stuff, man. Is it even worth looking into scores? I've been able to hack up scores in-game but the thing about scores for customs not saving after refreshing sounds like a problem.

Oh, and possible bug maybe on how "A Day To Remember" shows up. The "Day" part gets cut off.

#34 pksage

pksage

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 07:37 PM

Unfortunately, scores aren't saved in the song cache. :( They're in the probably-encrypted save data, as far as we can tell, which is wiped by RB when it rebuilds your cache from scratch? Maybe? On the 360, at least.

#35 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,315 posts

Posted September 26, 2013 - 10:17 PM

Unfortunately, scores aren't saved in the song cache. :( They're in the probably-encrypted save data, as far as we can tell, which is wiped by RB when it rebuilds your cache from scratch? Maybe? On the 360, at least.

I mean, yeah, you can edit it.
Assuming it's at all the same, it could be possible to at least get some scores out of the save. It doesn't seem encrypted on Wii, but the number values are strange like the cache.

#36 pksage

pksage

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 01:54 AM

Sorry, but I won't be able to build a parser for song scores at the moment. You're welcome to the code used to parse the cache, though, if you want it; it's all in PHP.

#37 solamen2

solamen2
  • 7 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 11:26 PM

Just wanted to say I tried this out today and it worked great. Now I have correct years for my songs, hooray. :) And some other useful new info too. Thanks again for this pksage! Just wish I'd had this BEFORE I typed in all those songs, heh.

For the record, the XLS does not import into Google Docs, only the CSV file. Not a big deal since the CSV works, but I figured you might be interested to know.

#38 johnnymac949

johnnymac949
  • 26 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 06:11 PM

Look forward to trying this. What about "song ratings"? Are they like scores and saved somewhere else?
thx!

#39 pksage

pksage

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted October 10, 2013 - 11:09 PM

Look forward to trying this. What about "song ratings"? Are they like scores and saved somewhere else?
thx!

As far as we know, yes. :(

#40 johnnymac949

johnnymac949
  • 26 posts

Posted October 11, 2013 - 10:20 PM

BTW, looks like "Difficulty: Pro Drums" is not an available checkbox. Is that intentional or a mistake?
thx!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users