Metallica - Of Wolf And Man [Testers Needed!]

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Gtafan421

Gtafan421
  • 231 posts

Posted September 3, 2013 - 11:40 PM

Down to just three more reductions before the V1 instrument charts are complete!
Motorbreath
It's how I live my life
I can't take it any other way

#22 clintilona

clintilona
  • 630 posts

Posted September 4, 2013 - 08:53 PM

I've got a somewhat multitrack set of FLAC files from the DVD-Audio of The Black Album and uploaded Of Wolf and Man in case it may help you more accurately chart the instruments. If you have no need for it, don't worry as it was no trouble uploading it.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/s2oyt6
**Rock Band needs more Power Metal**

#23 Gtafan421

Gtafan421
  • 231 posts

Posted September 4, 2013 - 09:22 PM

I've got a somewhat multitrack set of FLAC files from the DVD-Audio of The Black Album and uploaded Of Wolf and Man in case it may help you more accurately chart the instruments. If you have no need for it, don't worry as it was no trouble uploading it.

Oh, perfect, thank you! I was just about to go through and dissect the DVD myself, but now I don't have to :)
Motorbreath
It's how I live my life

#24 tsumewulf

tsumewulf
  • 126 posts

Posted September 5, 2013 - 04:38 AM

Oh, perfect, thank you! I was just about to go through and dissect the DVD myself, but now I don't have to :)

just listened to this....its pretty good, just wish the vocals were on separate tracks which would making doin harmonies easier but for the most part its easy to see where the harmonies are even though this is a live version i assume
904588.png

#25 TLITD31

TLITD31
  • 16 posts

Posted September 5, 2013 - 06:03 AM

just listened to this....its pretty good, just wish the vocals were on separate tracks which would making doin harmonies easier but for the most part its easy to see where the harmonies are even though this is a live version i assume

It's a remastered studio version from the DVD of the album.
http://www.metallica... ... um-dvd.asp

#26 tsumewulf

tsumewulf
  • 126 posts

Posted September 5, 2013 - 06:49 AM

It's a remastered studio version from the DVD of the album.
http://www.metallica... ... um-dvd.asp

ah well, Gtafan421 should now have my harmonies chart for this so it is now a full band custom which i will be happy to have in my collection :D
904588.png

#27 Gtafan421

Gtafan421
  • 231 posts

Posted September 5, 2013 - 02:52 PM

The entire 5.1 DVD audio set being so close to actual multitracks is such a tease that it's not even funny. I was VERY close to actually having a multitrack version of this song, but there was just a little too much noise and one track blending with the other for the audio to be satisfactory for a C3 release (or really, any release, I tried it and sounded barely decent in game, sadly.)
Motorbreath
It's how I live my life

#28 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,464 posts

Posted September 5, 2013 - 02:57 PM

DVD 5.1 = huge waste of time. Ask Nemo, ask anybody who tried to work with Pink Floyd's material... It's not multitrack, it's just separated for your audio system.

#29 Gtafan421

Gtafan421
  • 231 posts

Posted September 5, 2013 - 03:48 PM

DVD 5.1 = huge waste of time. Ask Nemo, ask anybody who tried to work with Pink Floyd's material... It's not multitrack, it's just separated for your audio system.

Yup. Found out the hard way last night. Couldn't keep myself from working on at least something to do with this (unfortunately I started around ten, thinking it wouldn't be too much of an issue)... turned into a four hour nightmare of audio editing and frustration mixed with exhaustion. I eventually just gave up and got distracted and watched fan made music videos for the song instead...

:bang:
Motorbreath
It's how I live my life

#30 clintilona

clintilona
  • 630 posts

Posted September 5, 2013 - 10:44 PM

I agree that they're not worth the time when you are trying to make multitrack customs (I too got excited when I found the Dark Side of the Moon DVD 5.1 rip thinking I could make the "Time" custom a multitrack), but I can see the benefit to having the DVD 5.1 rips when charting. The Of Wolf and Man link I posted earlier definitely has a clear separate bass track that would be a great aid in making an accurate bass chart for the song. Bass, to me at least, is very hard to distinguish most times in songs. It also has harmony parts separated from the main vocal line, which would help in charting the harmonies. All this could be completely inaccurate though, as I have not charted any Customs yet... but I plan to.

#31 Gtafan421

Gtafan421
  • 231 posts

Posted September 9, 2013 - 11:58 PM

Honestly, having a lot of trouble actually. I don't like my reduction for hard difficulty. Advice?

I've done it, and redone it.
Motorbreath
It's how I live my life

#32 tsumewulf

tsumewulf
  • 126 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 07:13 AM

well, i cant offer any advice on drums considering i'm an idiot with drums, i barely even know how to chart drums myself but i'm at least going to take a look at my vocals chart in game considering i didn't do that & should have
904588.png

#33 Gtafan421

Gtafan421
  • 231 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 02:52 PM

Well, I can't offer any advice on drums considering I'm an idiot with drums, I barely even know how to chart drums myself but I'm at least going to take a look at my vocals chart in game considering i didn't do that & should have

Yeah, please do take the time to look at that in game when you get a chance, I love how it came out, personally.

Anyways, I'm kind of a retard when it comes to drums as well.
Motorbreath
It's how I live my life

#34 Gtafan421

Gtafan421
  • 231 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 08:46 PM

CHART IS READY FOR TESTING :D
Motorbreath
It's how I live my life

#35 clintilona

clintilona
  • 630 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 08:58 PM

Nice job! Looking forward to playing it. Big Metallica fan.

#36 Gtafan421

Gtafan421
  • 231 posts

Posted September 13, 2013 - 09:14 PM

Nice job! Looking forward to playing it. Big Metallica fan.

Well, I'm sure a lot of changes and little fixes will be made from here, but the bigger portion of the work overall is done. The hardest parts are over with. So now the main work I have to do is just worry about whatever errors Magma decides to inevitably spit out when I go to make this thing into a con file.
Motorbreath
It's how I live my life

#37 Joe Spice

Joe Spice
  • 5 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 06:25 PM

I have a friend that is going to go absolutely BONKERS when this goes live, so I will thank you for him in advance:

THANK YOU PEOPLES!! :dance:

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users