Status of the GHtoRB3 project?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 bluesfan38

bluesfan38
  • 116 posts

Posted September 7, 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hope this continues My Morning Jacket One Big Holiday is about all that's left from my all time favorites on GH.

#22 chandler455

chandler455
  • 3 posts

Posted September 20, 2013 - 01:35 PM

Looking to help get this rolling again Im sure as If get all of this I can do more songs anyone who wants to continue this and help me out get a hold of me

#23 chandler455

chandler455
  • 3 posts

Posted September 20, 2013 - 06:38 PM

Like for instence I went and downloaded the double vision files, fixed the guitar charts and bass charts, I then tried to compile, I converted all the audio stems to wav and it tells me it cant save my project file but i have tried many folders and all permissions are correct it is in administrator mode, I cant figure this out for the life of me, named file RB3Doublevision.rba and it wont save any ideas

#24 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,983 posts

Posted September 20, 2013 - 06:41 PM

That might be the same bug that was brought to my attention recently. Trying saving the project with a name that does NOT include the letter "v" in it.
Next update to Magma will fix that.

#25 chandler455

chandler455
  • 3 posts

Posted September 20, 2013 - 10:02 PM

hmm nothing to do with that but it works now

It is now givingme this

Build started at 6:01 PM.
Reading the archive
SystemInit Params: C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\MagmaC3\MagmaCompilerC3.exe -have_lock C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\ass.rbproj C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\ass.rba -mutex HMX_Magma_22512919615219771238178
Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\ass.rbproj'...
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 5...
Metadata Compiler: Starting...
ERROR: Metadata Compiler: [C] sub_genre: 'subgenre_alternative' is not a valid value.
ERROR: Project Compiler: DTA compiler failed.
RBA Build ended at 6:01 PM.

It looks like there was an error creating the RBA file.
Stopping here...

how do i fix this lol...I figured that out...the genres much match

Build started at 6:06 PM.
Reading the archive
SystemInit Params: C:\Users\Chris\Downloads\MagmaC3\MagmaCompilerC3.exe -have_lock C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\ass.rbproj C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\ass.rba -mutex HMX_Magma_2321201102156921182191
Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Users\Chris\Desktop\ass.rbproj'...
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 5...
Metadata Compiler: Starting...
Metadata Compiler: Done.
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 5...
MIDI Compiler: Starting...
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Track EVENTS required but not found
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Track BEAT required but not found
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (MIDI FILE): Halting validation due to missing and/or extraneous MIDI tracks
MIDI Compiler: Done.
ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
RBA Build ended at 6:06 PM.

It looks like there was an error creating the RBA file.
Stopping here...

How do i create these tracks...I know im a super noob lol

#26 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,983 posts

Posted September 20, 2013 - 10:19 PM

You got to start at the beginning. If you don't even have a BEAT track, that means you're not using our template, and that's your first problem. You can't jump into Magma and try to compile a song without understanding all the moving parts that are required for a song to compile.

I suggest starting here: http://pksage.com/rb...title=Main_Page

#27 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,983 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 12:04 AM

this was posted by toops in their Xbox360ISO.com thread:

oh hey guys.
so yeah a lot of stuff has come up for me in the real world so i don't have any time at all to do this anymore. to be completely honest i'm not sure if i will again, but never say never? motivation has tanked with the group as a whole as well and it's a 3-man operation so we need all three of us to make these work. so for now yes sadly the project is more or less dead. thank you guys so much for your support over the length of it. i'm really proud of what we've accomplished here and i'm happy i was apart of it. i'm SURE you all know about C3 by now but yeah there's still songs and conversions being released over there, some may be songs from us in the future but these are songs that were already near completion or had been worked on so it's nothing really new in terms of us working on stuff. thanks again. hopefully we'll be back down the road.
ROCK ON
toops

tl;dr: no more songs for now. maybe some at c3 but those are ones we already did. thanks

#28 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted September 23, 2013 - 03:06 AM

this was posted by toops in their Xbox360ISO.com thread:

Well it sucks to read that, but it was pretty much not a surprise. I hope they were able to give you guys a lot of their songs they were almost done with for you guys to release!

#29 JoshX

JoshX
  • 29 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 03:53 AM

so, you guys are gonna take over the project?

#30 Nyxyxylyth

Nyxyxylyth

Magnificent Bastard

• Administrator
  • 1,407 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 04:34 AM

so, you guys are gonna take over the project?

You'll see a few leftovers picked out, but that's it.

#31 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted October 8, 2013 - 06:06 PM

All sorts of good info

Thanks for your detailed and informative post that highlighted the main things to do in the conversion process. So I watched the 2 hour Let's Author stream, have reviewed some of the documentation from RBN on this forum and have decided to try my hand at charting starting out with trying to convert some songs from Guitar Hero. I got a few Band Hero songs that haven't been converted yet that I want to do. Would a good starting point be opening you guy's custom RPP file in Reaper and then copying the BH charts from the respective instruments/difficulties into the corresponding instrument track from the already created project template? Would that take away a few more of the things you have to change from the GH charts to make it work with Rock Band? I am kinda already trying this right now but figured I would ask to make sure I am not wasting time doing something that will not work. Thanks in advance.

I did try to load the .mid file from the particular BH song into the custom project you guys made (just by doing Insert -> Media File) and it made all 4 tracks/charts from the BH song (drums, vocals, bass, and guitar) show up as keys tracks. What's up with that?

PS. I apologize if this is not really the correct place to ask about Charting as I know there is a separate forum for that but since we had already gotten somewhat detailed within this thread I figured here would be the best place to keep the discussion. Also, since the conversion seems somewhat the same for each GH song perhaps this thread could be great instructions for others looking to move other GH songs over to RB to reference.

#32 clintilona

clintilona
  • 630 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 01:33 AM

Is there anyone here with current W.I.P. GH conversions? If so, would you mind posting or PMing me what you're working on? I'm thinking I might do some myself, but would hate to put in the time if someone already beat me to it.

Thanks
**Rock Band needs more Power Metal**

#33 bluzer

bluzer

Phase Shift Guy

• 41 posts

Posted October 24, 2013 - 04:44 AM

I just want to reply here... I know its not my duty, but REAPER is always the answer in high esteem. Has not anyone tried EOF with the RBN export? With that I said. I do not play RB3 customs on the 360 so I cannot say if it is short work that makes it so easily. Now I can only speak on myself, but if one wanted to import the wii GH charts and export them as RB midis(through EOF) one need only ask Raynebc to fix the export properties to that of a RBN file. Which I believe he would oblige. Raynebc is decent enough a person to take requests for such a task. I only speak through my experience with him.

:c00l:

ps. All custom songs are playable in rb2(similar to rb3) provided the chart doesn't contain keys chart(or if so, they're probably skipped, i have not tried, perhaps it only needs audio changes)...creating custom rb2 files requires one step or more to get it working.

pps, having re-reading it, atleast using that said EOF export midi as a starting point can't hurt much
Posted Image.... Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users