[Archived] Rock Band: Harmonies Project (Latest: 11/21/14)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
387 replies to this topic

#81 JoshX

JoshX
  • 29 posts

Posted September 9, 2013 - 04:01 PM

Hi, how can i add these upgrades to the song itself without having to "trick" the song cache? i mean where do they go? on the songs folder with the song data and the DTA? or do i have to create another folder just for the update?

#82 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 9, 2013 - 04:45 PM

Hi, how can i add these upgrades to the song itself without having to "trick" the song cache? i mean where do they go? on the songs folder with the song data and the DTA? or do i have to create another folder just for the update?

You'd need to replace the songs.dta file in the package and merge the two .mid files (the original from the song and the upgrade .mid) together in REAPER (or the DAW/editor of your choice), re-export it, and replace the .mid in the package.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#83 JoshX

JoshX
  • 29 posts

Posted September 9, 2013 - 04:51 PM

so, just replace the data on the .dta with the one on the update and merge the two midi's with reaper? ok then, thanks :D

#84 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 9, 2013 - 05:06 PM

Yep, that should do the trick.

n.b. you'll need to resign as a CON file, so it won't work under TU5.

#85 JoshX

JoshX
  • 29 posts

Posted September 9, 2013 - 06:29 PM

umm could you please explain how to merge both midi's with reaper, im a total noob with these kind of programs

#86 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 01:01 AM

umm could you please explain how to merge both midi's with reaper, im a total noob with these kind of programs

Step One: Import one .mid. Make sure you're at the beginning of the track (Insert -> Media File).
Step Two: Import the other .mid. Make sure you're at the beginning of the track.
Step Three: Export them to a new .mid (File -> Export Project MIDI). Make sure the tempo map is preserved.

Honestly, if you're not familiar with that (or can't get it via experimentation), you may run into some problems trying to integrate them into your original songs. :P

#87 JoshX

JoshX
  • 29 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 01:20 PM

i think i get it, im gonna try it, thanks for the tips mate :D

#88 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 10, 2013 - 01:47 PM

i think i get it, im gonna try it, thanks for the tips mate :D

No problem.

Just remember to BACK UP YOUR ORIGINAL FILES and then feel free to play around a bit. It's possible I'm forgetting/missing something, so if you find a step that isn't quite right, let me know. I don't officially endorse or support this (tampering with official DLC files), but I get why some people would want it.

#89 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 14, 2013 - 10:17 PM

So I forgot to talk about the stuff from September 6th. Maybe I should, eh?

Rock Band Harmony Upgrades
* Nine Inch Nails - “The Hand That Feeds” (espher)

Rock Band DLC 2007 Harmony Upgrades
* Queens of the Stone Age - “3's & 7's” (GreenPanda12)
* Queens of the Stone Age - “Little Sister” (GreenPanda12)
* Queens of the Stone Age - “Sick, Sick, Sick” (GreenPanda12)

Rock Band DLC 2008 Harmony Upgrades
* Locksley - “All Over Again” (espher)
* Locksley - “Don't Make Me Wait” (espher)
* Locksley - “She Does” (espher)

Rock Band DLC 2009 Harmony Upgrades
* Elvis Costello - “Radio Radio” (MarsPhoenix)
* REO Speedwagon - “Ridin' the Storm Out” (espher)
* REO Speedwagon - “Roll with the Changes” (espher)
* REO Speedwagon - “Take It on the Run” (espher)
* Styx - “Blue Collar Man (Long Nights)” (thomeval)
* Styx - “Renegade” (thomeval)
* Styx - “Too Much Time on My Hands” (thomeval)
* Styx/REO Speedwagon - “Can't Stop Rockin'” (thomeval)

Rock Band Network Harmony Upgrades
* Children of Nova - “The Complexity of Light” (GreenPanda12)
* KMFDM - “Juke Joint Jezebel” (espher)

Rock Band Keys/Pro Keys Upgrades
* Elvis Costello - “Radio Radio” (MarsPhoenix)
* Weezer - “Buddy Holly” (DVDSmith)

Revisions to Previously Released Upgrades
* The Primitives - “Crash” (LRB) - Pro Guitar: Correction (columbo777)
* The Smiths - “This Charming Man” (DLC10) - Pro Guitar: Correction (columbo777)
* Social Distortion - “I Was Wrong” (RB2) - Pro Guitar: Correction (columbo777)
* Assorted tonic fixes + new tonics.

#90 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 19, 2013 - 01:52 PM

Trudging along at a good pace for next week, though I've had to do some schedule shuffling so I won't have videos up as early as I'd like. There is one extremely awesome keys/harmonies pick coming out in this release that may have flown under your radar.

I'm also thinking of tracking the time invested for one of the November releases, start to finish, just to see what the time consumption is like. Might be a cool exercise, or a very scary one. I want to start with one of those as it would be starting from scratch (the October one already has some pieces done).

#91 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 07:05 PM

So I installed a bunch of these a couple of weeks ago (Haven't been brave enough to install the harmonies, mostly pro drums and metadata correction). It's awesome stuff, but I'm confused on one thing. I really wanted to use the new sorting variants for the iron maiden DLC but unfortunately only a few of the songs sorted into "seventh son of a seventh son" - the rest remained as flight 666. Same deal with HIM vs H.I.M. I did verify that included all of the files for those tracks. Any idea why some of them would show up but others wouldn't?

#92 kobras

kobras
  • 153 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 09:38 PM

Good work for the last releases.
However , there is an issue with harmonies for songs which was include in european version of RB1 (Hysteria, Perfekte welle, Manu Chaos, ...). Is it possible to fix it ?
I suppose that DLC versions of theses songs have not the same id with the european on disc version ?

#93 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 10:52 PM

So I installed a bunch of these a couple of weeks ago (Haven't been brave enough to install the harmonies, mostly pro drums and metadata correction). It's awesome stuff, but I'm confused on one thing. I really wanted to use the new sorting variants for the iron maiden DLC but unfortunately only a few of the songs sorted into "seventh son of a seventh son" - the rest remained as flight 666. Same deal with HIM vs H.I.M. I did verify that included all of the files for those tracks. Any idea why some of them would show up but others wouldn't?

So metadata correction requires the same lengthy cache trickery that harmonies require -- if you just built the packs without going through those steps, the songs likely will not sort differently. If you did do all of that, maybe open the replacement songs.dta files and double-check that the info is correct in them.

Good work for the last releases.
However , there is an issue with harmonies for songs which was include in european version of RB1 (Hysteria, Perfekte welle, Manu Chaos, ...). Is it possible to fix it ?
I suppose that DLC versions of theses songs have not the same id with the european on disc version ?

Hi Kobras! They probably do have different IDs, but I wouldn't have any idea what they are. I'll try to track them down but if you happen to find them in the interim, all you would need to do is edit the songs.dta and upgrades.dta to replace the song IDs. If we find them I will include proper "on disc" .dtas in an update. :)

#94 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 27, 2013 - 10:54 PM

I hope you like big releases. This starts off a trend of high volume releases that we need to sustain so that I can complete this project on Christmas Day, 2015. /wrist

Your releases for September 27th, 2013 are:

Rock Band DLC 2007 Harmony Upgrades
* Metallica - “...And Justice for All” (espher)
* Metallica - “Blackened” (espher)
* Metallica - “Ride the Lightning” (espher)

Rock Band DLC 2008 Harmony Upgrades
* The B-52's - “Roam" (MarsPhoenix)
* Blur - “Beetlebum” (espher)
* H-Blockx - “Countdown to Insanity” (espher)
* Juli - “Perfekte Welle” (espher)
* Les Wampas - “Manu Chao” (espher)
* Muse - “Hysteria” (espher)
* Pleymo - “New Wave” (espher)
* Tokio Hotel - “Monsoon” (thomeval)

Rock Band DLC 2009 Harmony Upgrades
* Honest Bob and the Factory-to-Dealer Incentives - “Entangled” (MarsPhoenix)
* Mute Math - “Typical” (GreenPanda12)

Rock Band DLC 2010 Harmony Upgrades
* The Subways - “Oh Yeah” (espher)
* The Subways - "Rock & Roll Queen” (espher)

Rock Band 2 - 20 Free DLC Upgrades
* The Cab - “Bounce” (espher & GreenPanda12)
* The Len Price 3 - “If I Ain't Got You” (espher)
* Lesley Roy - “I'm Gone, I'm Going” (thomeval)
* Opiate for the Masses - “Burn You Down” (espher)
* Tickle Me Pink - “The Time is Wrong” (espher)

Rock Band Network Harmony Upgrades
* Jonathan Coulton - “The Future Soon” (GreenPanda12) (includes prev. released pro drum upgrade)
* Seether - “Remedy” (espher) (includes prev. released pro drum upgrade)

Rock Band Keys/Pro Keys Upgrades
* The Cab - “Bounce” (MarsPhoenix)
* Lesley Roy - “I'm Gone, I'm Going” (MarsPhoenix)
* Opiate for the Masses - “Burn You Down” (MarsPhoenix)++

++ This track includes an optional challenge version of the song (as seen in the video) -- to use it, remove the songs.dta and burnyoudown_plus.mid files and rename the .oc files to songs.dta and burnyoudown_plus.mid.

Stay tuned for another awesome release coming up in three weeks.

#95 questionmark

questionmark
  • 548 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 12:50 AM

So metadata correction requires the same lengthy cache trickery that harmonies require -- if you just built the packs without going through those steps, the songs likely will not sort differently. If you did do all of that, maybe open the replacement songs.dta files and double-check that the info is correct in them.

Yeah, that must be it. I guess I will have to suck it up and do the cache thing to get my precious metadata. Can't remember why it intimidated me, but whatever. Weird that it changed the data for some but not all.

#96 kobras

kobras
  • 153 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 07:43 AM

Hi Kobras! They probably do have different IDs, but I wouldn't have any idea what they are. I'll try to track them down but if you happen to find them in the interim, all you would need to do is edit the songs.dta and upgrades.dta to replace the song IDs. If we find them I will include proper "on disc" .dtas in an update. :)

Thes european song are not very simple to understand how thez work :
We have individual song exported in the RB1 folder (exept Monsoon that didn't export)
But there was an issu with one of the TU so HMX has release a european pack for us to correct this issue (european players have to write email to HMX individually to have this pack)
So, we have also the "EU Title Update Pack" in our RB3 folder

If I open the songs.dta of this pack, I have for exemple in Hysteria this :
(hysteria
   (name "Hysteria")   
   (artist "Muse")
   (master TRUE)
   (context 129)
   (song
     (name        songs/hysteria/hysteria)
     (tracks          
        ((drum (0 1 2 3))
         (bass (4 5)) 
         (guitar (6 7))
         (vocals (8 9))  
        ) 
     )
     ;                 K   SN   CYMBALS    BASS     GUITAR     VOCALS    TRKS
     (pans        (   0.0  0.0 -1.0  1.0 -1.0  1.0 -1.0  1.0 -1.0  1.0 -1.0  1.0))
     (vols        (  -0.5 -1.0 -1.5 -1.5 -3.0 -3.0 -5.0 -5.0 -4.5 -4.5 -4.0 -4.0))
     (cores       (   -1   -1   -1   -1   -1   -1    1    1   -1   -1   -1   -1 ))
     (drum_solo
        (seqs (kick.cue snare.cue tom1.cue tom2.cue crash.cue))
     )
     (drum_freestyle
        (seqs (kick.cue snare.cue hat.cue ride.cue crash.cue))
     )
     (midi_file songs/hysteria/hysteria.mid)
   )
   (song_scroll_speed 2300)
   (bank sfx/tambourine_bank.milo)
   (anim_tempo kTempoSlow)
   (preview 65433 94923)
   (rank
      (drum 300)
      (guitar 350)
      (bass 400)
      (vocals 150)
      (band 325)
   )
   (genre alternative)
   (decade the00s)
   (vocal_gender male)
   (downloaded TRUE)
)

I compare with the songs.dta of the harmonies project and the only difference i find are additions in your file but no differents values. :confused:
Maybe the id is in the original file of the song ?

#97 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 28, 2013 - 09:23 PM

We may need to actually get the on-disc upgrade information from a European RB3 disc, then, in the event the IDs differ...

I'll see what I can find out. :)

#98 Korewahondes

Korewahondes
  • 163 posts

Posted September 29, 2013 - 11:50 PM

Hello, I've just created an account but I've been downloading songs here for a little time now.

Actually I'm a European user of RB3 and the harmonies for the "EU Title Pack" work perfectly fine for me (except I have some strange signs in the song New Wave by Pleymo instead of accents but espher is already aware of this from what I saw on the youtube channel).

Don't know if this piece of information can help or not as I'm just a custom content user who is completely unaware of what files do contain.

Also, I noticed a small sorting issue with "(Don't Fear) The Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult and it appeared only after the pro guitar/bass upgrade was released in RBHP: the Ö turned into ?O or something like this so that the song is not sorted anymore with the other songs I own from this band, but separately.

Finally another one but due to HMX: Sum41's Fat Lip (DLC) and In Too Deep (LRB) should be listed in the same album but there is a typo problem. One belongs to "All Killer No Filler" and the other one to "All Killer, No Filler". :P Since C3 released recently Motivation as part of "All Killer No Filler", I think the metadata of In Too Deep could be changed removing the coma. ^^

And as a conclusion, I would like to thank espher and all the people involved in RBHP for their great work because you are totally improving the fun my friends and I have every time we play RB3 (ie often ^^).

Korewahondes.png

#99 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 30, 2013 - 01:31 AM

Thanks for the kind words (and the feedback)! The accented characters in band names/song names keep popping up from time to time and I keep trying to squash them, but I clearly forgot to fix up that one .dta, so I'll try to take care of it. New Wave is one that may remain somewhat unresolved until I can figure out why half of them work fine and half of them do not -- it's absolutely bizarre.

I will release a variant sorting file for In Too Deep (to be deployed alongside the harmony upgrade), but if you want to fix this one yourself, all you need to do is nav to your "Lego Rock Band\intoodeep" folder in your input directory, edit the songs.dta file, remove the comma, and rebuild your cache. :)

#100 Korewahondes

Korewahondes
  • 163 posts

Posted September 30, 2013 - 06:56 PM

Oh, can I really fix this myself? Well, actually when you say "edit the songs.dta file", which software can do the job? From threads I read, I always hear about Magma and Reaper but I don't know what their purpose is tbh.

So which software would you recommend please? ^^ I'll give it a try some night this week.

Korewahondes.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users