[Archived] Rock Band: Harmonies Project (Latest: 11/21/14)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
387 replies to this topic

#21 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 10:19 PM

As listed in the blog post, another big update today!

Rock Band DLC 2008 Harmony Upgrades
* Serj Tankian - “Beethoven's C***” (Oddbrother)
* Sleater-Kinney - “You're No Rock and Roll Fun” (espher)

Rock Band DLC 2009 Harmony Upgrades
* Foo Fighters - “Best of You” (Mr. Underhill)
* Foo Fighters - “The Pretender” (Mr. Underhill)
* Foo Fighters - “Wheels” (Mr. Underhill)
* Foo Fighters - “Word Forward” (Mr. Underhill)

Rock Band DLC 2010 Harmony Upgrades
* X - “Blue Spark” (espher)
* X - “The Hungry Wolf” (espher)
* X - “I Must Not Think Bad Thoughts” (espher)
* X - “Los Angeles” (espher)

Rock Band Network Harmony Upgrades
* Bang Camaro - “Swallow the Razor” (espher)
* Parry Gripp - “The Girl at the Video Game Store” (espher)

Rock Band Network Pro Drums Upgrades
* All That Remains - “Days Without” (GreenPanda12)
* All That Remains - “Forever in Your Hands” (GreenPanda12)
* The Apples in Stereo - “Dream About the Future” (GreenPanda12)
* Bang Camaro - “Swallow the Razor” (espher)
* Clandestine - “Disappear In You” (GreenPanda12)
* Jonathan Coulton - “Creepy Doll” (GreenPanda12)
* Jonathan Coulton - “The Future Soon” (GreenPanda12)
* Kill the Alarm - “Fire Away” (GreenPanda12)
* Let's Get It - “Do Not Disturb (Tell Me How Bad)” (GreenPanda12)
* Mayday Parade - “When I Get Home You're So Dead” (GreenPanda12)
* Parry Gripp - “The Girl at the Video Game Store” (GreenPanda12)
* The Summer Set - “Chelsea” (GreenPanda12)

Keys and Pro Keys Upgrades
* Bryan Adams - “Summer of '69” (LRB) (DVDSmith)

Pro Guitar and Pro Bass Upgrades
* Blink-182 - “What's My Age Again?” (DLC09) (xEpiDeMiiKxx)
* Blondie - “Hanging on the Telephone” (DLC08) (columbo777)
* Blue Öyster Cult - “(Don't Fear) The Reaper” (RB1) (xEpiDeMiiKxx)
* KISS - “Detroit Rock City” (RB1) (xEpiDeMiiKxx)
* KT Tunstall - “Suddenly I See” (LRB) (columbo777)
* Oasis - “Wonderwall” (DLC08) (xEpiDeMiiKxx)
* The Offspring - “Hammerhead” (DLC08) (columbo777)
* Ratt - “Round and Round" (RB2) (columbo777)
* The Smiths - “This Charming Man” (DLC10) (columbo777)
* Social Distortion - “I Was Wrong” (RB2) (xEpiDeMiiKxx)

Optional Chart Fixes and Variants
* Black Sabbath - “Paranoid” - Fix (Playability): Pro drum chart and vocal tonic information. (Oddbrother)

Updated/Revised Older Charts
* PROGB: Aerosmith - “Walk This Way” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Blondie - “Call Me” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Blondie - “One Way or Another” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: The Buzzcocks - “Ever Fallen in Love” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: The Cars - “Just What I Needed” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Dead Kennedys - “Holiday in Cambodia” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Duran Duran - “Rio” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Evanescence - “Bring Me to Life” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Go-Go's - “We Got the Beat” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Janis Joplin - “Peace of My Heart” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Jefferson Airplane - “White Rabbit” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Katrina and the Waves - “Walking on Sunshine” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Men at Work - “Down Under” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Modern English - “I Melt With You” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Panic! at the Disco - “Nine in the Afternoon” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: The Primitives - “Crash” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: The Psychedelic Furs - “Love My Way” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: The Psychedelic Furs - “Pretty in Pink” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Ramones - “Rockaway Beach” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Ramones - “Rock 'n' Roll High School” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Ramones - “Teenage Lobotomy” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Talking Heads - “And She Was” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.
* PROGB: Tom Petty - “Won't Back Down” (columbo777) - Added proper root note, fine tuning.

Special note for Paranoid -- this upgrade is for those of you that have a TU4-friendly version of the track. You will need to edit the songs.dta and upgrades.dta in the Paranoid folder to match the short name and song_id in the songs.dta file of the custom version you have.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#22 simao76

simao76
  • 27 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 12:03 AM

Special note for Paranoid -- this upgrade is for those of you that have a TU4-friendly version of the track. You will need to edit the songs.dta and upgrades.dta in the Paranoid folder to match the short name and song_id in the songs.dta file of the custom version you have.

Sorry, I'm new to all this.
Can you explain how do I edit the songs.dta and upgrades.dta to match the custom version that I have?

And, by the way, thank you very much for the awesome customs and upgrades.

#23 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 01:08 AM

Can you explain how do I edit the songs.dta and upgrades.dta to match the custom version that I have?

If you crack open the Paranoid TU4 custom, you can extract the songs.dta. In that file will be a name at the top of the file (inside the first parenthesis) and a song_id. You need to make sure those values are the same ones that are in the Paranoid fix, by changing the Paranoid fix's songs.dta and upgrades.dta.

#24 simao76

simao76
  • 27 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 11:39 AM

If you crack open the Paranoid TU4 custom, you can extract the songs.dta. In that file will be a name at the top of the file (inside the first parenthesis) and a song_id. You need to make sure those values are the same ones that are in the Paranoid fix, by changing the Paranoid fix's songs.dta and upgrades.dta.

I know I can use Le Fluffie to open my Paranoid custom, but, what program should I use to extract the songs.dta and edit the songs.dta and upgrades.dta of the upgrade?

#25 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,378 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 11:46 AM

I know I can use Le Fluffie to open my Paranoid custom, but, what program should I use to extract the songs.dta and edit the songs.dta and upgrades.dta of the upgrade?

LeFluffie. :) And then Notepad to edit, barring any weird character in the artist ro title fields.

#26 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 03:05 PM

Yeah, as farottone says, you use Le Fluffie (C3 ideally) to extract it (right-click on songs.dta, Extract File, save it somewhere and name it something like songs.orig.dta), then Notepad to open/edit the files. They're plain text.

#27 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 04:58 PM

Anyone else having crashing issues with the Summer of '69 keys upgrade? Every time I try to play it on Expert Pro it freezes on the loading screen.

Edit: Also, I've just played the fixed Panic Attack drum chart and noticed pro drum markers (a couple of pairs of yellows) are missing from one of the first drum fills after the "rapid heartbeat pounding through my chest" section starts.

#28 PikminGuts92

PikminGuts92
  • 143 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 05:51 PM

Anyone else having crashing issues with the Summer of '69 keys upgrade? Every time I try to play it on Expert Pro it freezes on the loading screen.

Same thing happened to me when I tried playing 5-lane keys. Also, the pro guitar upgrades for "Ever Fallen In Love" and "Hanging on the Telephone" don't have any 1/16th (or 1/32nd) gaps between sustains.

#29 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 06:36 PM

Edit: Also, I've just played the fixed Panic Attack drum chart and noticed pro drum markers (a couple of pairs of yellows) are missing from one of the first drum fills after the "rapid heartbeat pounding through my chest" section starts.

Yeah, Pikmin brought Summer of '69 to my attention, and the problem is that I erroneously exported the (empty) left hand animations chart. A blank chart with only a track name event causes the game to freak out, so I'll need to redo that (and a couple of other minor tweaks, like Panic Attack) and push something out this afternoon/evening.

#30 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 06:40 PM

Good to know, thanks. I'm eager to play my keys chart :D

#31 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 06:58 PM

Good to know, thanks. I'm eager to play my keys chart :D

If you want to edit it for yourself, it's as easy as importing the .mid in Reaper, deleting the track (it should be the last one, it's like a measure long), and then re-exporting the remaining tracks. Package it up again, replace your upgrades package (no need for a full cache rebuild), and you should be in business.

#32 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted June 22, 2013 - 08:37 PM

Doesn't seem to work for me. I'll wait for the official release, I'm probably doing something wrong.

#33 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:48 AM

Well, after four hours of troubleshooting, I went ahead and rebuilt the whole thing by hand, and it works.

There was something in the MIDI tracks that was causing the game to crash, and I could not identify what it was. I deduced this was a problem after trying several million permutations, a couple of cache rebuilds, comparing the .dta files and .midi charts with The Final Countdown seven hundred times, testing my harmony-only upgrade, and then discovered that it was crashing no matter what instrument I selected.

I then tried to run the keys chart through Magma, after hacking apart an old project of mine, and saw that the keys chart was continually crashing MagmaCompiler. I cleaned up some of the issues, and then started getting awesome errors about velocities > 127, which I assumed was one of those silly midi events being a problem, but the tracks themselves looked clean. I tried copy-pasting the notes themselves and redoing the events, but ran into the same issue.

So, in the end, I "traced" the EMHX keys charts and all four pro keys charts to redo the entire upgrade by hand, got it to pass through Magma, build it as an upgrade, loaded it up, and played it through to make sure it worked.

How was your afternoon? :ohdear:

#34 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 10:20 AM

Oh jesus, that much work? Now I feel guilty for not checking my chart thoroughly enough :( At least it's fixed now. Thanks, man.

#35 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 01:27 PM

Oh jesus, that much work? Now I feel guilty for not checking my chart thoroughly enough :( At least it's fixed now. Thanks, man.

Honestly it probably wasn't something you'd have spotted through review or in the editor. I reviewed it, tested it, and it /worked/ when I did my first test, but I guess that was some kind of miracle exception.

That being said, were you using Reaper + our template or the RB:HP template to build it? It may also be good to throw it in a folder, run the packager, and give it a test if your environment permits. :P

#36 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted June 23, 2013 - 08:08 PM

That being said, were you using Reaper + our template or the RB:HP template to build it? It may also be good to throw it in a folder, run the packager, and give it a test if your environment permits. :P

I think what I did was use the RBHP template and then copy and paste the Keys tracks from the other template.

I've tested it and it works perfectly now.

#37 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,376 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 02:21 AM

I finally tried your custom Keys chart. Towards the middle was a much more interesting part and just what I expected from the chart. Also some nice sustain parts. It certainly doesn't feel like a 0-tier chart though.

#38 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,900 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 11:10 AM

I finally tried your custom Keys chart. Towards the middle was a much more interesting part and just what I expected from the chart. Also some nice sustain parts. It certainly doesn't feel like a 0-tier chart though.

Could have been an issue on my end, too, when I was rebuilding files and experimenting.

If I can get a recommendation on a tiering I will throw it in with the next update/release (I'll double-check the originals when I get home).

#39 columbo777

columbo777

The Pro Wannabe

• 353 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 04:23 PM

OK, I just now updated Ever Fallen in Love and will send to RBHP for next pack.

the pro guitar upgrades for "Ever Fallen In Love" and "Hanging on the Telephone" don't have any 1/16th (or 1/32nd) gaps between sustains.

Find all the known Guitar PRO upgrades on the RB PRO upgrades tracker google-sheet:

https://docs.google....SV_o/edit#gid=0

#40 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted June 26, 2013 - 08:46 PM

That tiering was on me. Because the majority of the keys chart was identical to the guitar chart, I just copied the difficulty the guitar part was given by Harmonix. Pro keys could probably be bumped up a tier on account of the shifts in the main riff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users