• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#41 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted June 9, 2013 - 11:33 PM

Eh, but still. Wii looks like a much easier effort on your guys' end. Just re-compile the song with less tracks and that way I won't have to hand-edit all the DTAs as well as edit audio myself since it's not my strength. But then there's the milo file which basically doesn't do anything. I don't suppose a Wii version can be compiled as well.

But regardless, I'll do next week's release, just for show.

With all due respect, I think the only part of the process we can /potentially/ do faster is pumping out tuned .dtas and different .moggs, and only in cases where we're doing a multitrack (non-mp3) release. We'd need to build, rename, change the instrument layout (probably the data in the PART_DRUMS track too, actually, to get Magma to take it), and build again. Then we'd need to rip the songs.dta and audio out of this second CON so that we could provide it to someone (ostensibly you) to build Wii packages -- at first glance, I don't see how this is innately faster than your process.

It doesn't exactly make it an 'easier' effort on our end to put together another batch and ensure it works, especially since (unlike for the 360) we have no real way to make sure the are prepared properly and would work in a Wii environment. :3

It would likely be safer to leave the port-to-Wii process safely in someone's hands since we're using 360-centric tools and don't have the full details of what needs to be done to ensure things don't asplode on the Wii side; perhaps if we knew there was a considerable Wii demographic we could justify trying to squeeze in the additional workload on a weekly basis with our existing pool of people, but given the situation I'd rather bring on additional help from someone capable in that area -- and as of right now, you seem to be the only active member on our forums with that proficiency. :)

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#42 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,983 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 12:21 AM

Eh, but still. Wii looks like a much easier effort on your guys' end.

i think this is going to become my signature from now on. that is just priceless.
coincidentally, it also applies if I say it. it's a lot easier effort for me if you do it. :what:

#43 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,422 posts

Posted June 10, 2013 - 11:51 PM

Eh, but still. Wii looks like a much easier effort on your guys' end. Just re-compile the song with less tracks and that way I won't have to hand-edit all the DTAs as well as edit audio myself since it's not my strength. But then there's the milo file which basically doesn't do anything. I don't suppose a Wii version can be compiled as well.

But regardless, I'll do next week's release, just for show.

With all due respect, I think the only part of the process we can /potentially/ do faster is pumping out tuned .dtas and different .moggs, and only in cases where we're doing a multitrack (non-mp3) release. We'd need to build, rename, change the instrument layout (probably the data in the PART_DRUMS track too, actually, to get Magma to take it), and build again. Then we'd need to rip the songs.dta and audio out of this second CON so that we could provide it to someone (ostensibly you) to build Wii packages -- at first glance, I don't see how this is innately faster than your process.

It doesn't exactly make it an 'easier' effort on our end to put together another batch and ensure it works, especially since (unlike for the 360) we have no real way to make sure the are prepared properly and would work in a Wii environment. :3

It would likely be safer to leave the port-to-Wii process safely in someone's hands since we're using 360-centric tools and don't have the full details of what needs to be done to ensure things don't asplode on the Wii side; perhaps if we knew there was a considerable Wii demographic we could justify trying to squeeze in the additional workload on a weekly basis with our existing pool of people, but given the situation I'd rather bring on additional help from someone capable in that area -- and as of right now, you seem to be the only active member on our forums with that proficiency. :)

Okay, okay. I understand. That makes much more sense.

#44 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 12:26 AM

By all means, if we run some sample releases and get a lot of traffic/interest (sustained for a couple of weeks, of course -- can't take the week one traffic before people try to get them working as gospel), I would definitely see if there was some way for us to put together something to kind of speed up the process on the Wii conversion end (though, again, we can't test them so I'd want someone Wii-based to be building, testing, and preparing for release).

#45 ibnttt

ibnttt
  • 9 posts

Posted June 11, 2013 - 02:32 AM

People bitching about free custom songs, that other spend countless hours producing is idiotic. Thanks for all the songs c3 has come out with, they have gotten me back into the game. Nothing like a few beers and blowing off some steam playing new songs in rockband after a long day at work dealing with asshole customers.

fyi... for some reason hey ho and night swimming didn't show up for me.

#46 Bryan2Blazed

Bryan2Blazed
  • 87 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 03:24 PM

Posted Image
Here are a few vocal issues I found with Ho Hey. Chorus 1: 1st phrase: the "You" in "I belong with you" is charted too high. Also happens again on the 3rd phrase where the lyric is repeated. This problem also affects Chorus 2 and Chorus 3.
The "Hey!" and "Ho!" talkies on harmonies are also a tad big in my opinion.

#47 WheelofKa19

WheelofKa19
  • 87 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 04:29 PM

Finally got to play Nightswimming. Keys and Vox.
Great job, Farottone. Never thought I'd see this song on RB.
People do things. It's a fact.

#48 AkiraNomuraBCN

AkiraNomuraBCN

Phase Shift Guy 2

• 376 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 10:47 AM

Katy Perry - E.T.

Drums dificulty: devil

Is it correct?

#49 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 571 posts

Posted June 21, 2013 - 11:01 AM

Katy Perry - E.T.

Drums dificulty: devil

Is it correct?

May as well be, that disco beat won't be getting any easier.

#50 noino2k

noino2k
  • 5 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 08:23 AM

Hi,
I can`t download
Icona Pop – “I Love It”
I don't mind if there are some vocal issues... I only play the pro keyboard...
Someone has a working link for the song please?

Regards!!

#51 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 11:39 AM

I may or may not have accidentally deleted it while cleaning up files a couple of nights ago.

Give it another shot.

#52 noino2k

noino2k
  • 5 posts

Posted July 27, 2013 - 04:02 PM

Downloaded OK!!
Thanks and congratulations for the great work!!! :excited:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users