Different Ways to Contribute to CCC

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 Polish Weener

Polish Weener
  • 89 posts

Posted June 7, 2013 - 08:32 PM

20 minutes per instrument tops for most verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus songs.

If only it were that simple.

#22 ws54

ws54
  • 839 posts

Posted June 7, 2013 - 09:43 PM

We can always use more playtesters. Always.

Am I the only one who dreads vocals charting and venue animations but doesn't mind reductions? Reductions take like 20 minutes per instrument tops for most verse-chorus-verse-chorus-bridge-chorus songs.

If I didn't have to concern myself with Harmonies, I wouldn't mind vocal charting. But with harmonies, I dread it.

I personally prefer to do my own reductions. Since I am most familiar with the chart and song, and since I know why I made the decisions I made, it just makes sense for me to reduce them myself right after finishing expert. Typically it takes me about 30 minutes per instrument per difficulty.

#23 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted June 9, 2013 - 03:42 AM

Another way to contribute would be to come up with ideas for things we could do as blog posts/features to supplement the announcement posts. Bonus points if you want to be the guy that does them (and can convince us that you'd be good at them). I'm thinking of spinning off our neglected "around the community" feature into another weekly/biweekly blog post highlighting new customs, events, and accomplishments, to give an example.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#24 mortarion42

mortarion42
  • 55 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 07:07 PM

Just a thought, have you guys ever thought about putting a Donate button up? I'm sure I'm not the only person who would happily toss some coin your way to show my appreciation and ensure a CCC continues on for a long time. I guess it might be difficult to divest donations to the people hard at work doing the authoring, but I'm sure hosting and such costs a decent amount.

#25 pksage

pksage

Mostly-Benevolent Overlord

• Administrator
  • 1,109 posts

Posted August 16, 2013 - 07:13 PM

We really appreciate your desire to help! Due to the nature of customs, though, we intentionally stay away from anything involving money. If you'd like to spend money to support Rock Band customs, buy the artists' songs directly or buy some old RB DLC; if you'd like to support C3, the best way is to sign up for playtesting or to start authoring. :)

#26 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,457 posts

Posted August 17, 2013 - 01:33 AM

Re-duc-tions! Re-duc-tions! Re-duc-tions! :D

#27 CBassNL

CBassNL
  • 26 posts

Posted September 15, 2013 - 10:02 PM

How much of your time do you spend in creating customs in..let's say a week??

#28 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 567 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 03:16 PM

I was told there's a forum for this.

#29 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted September 17, 2013 - 03:18 PM

I was told there's a forum for this.

We'll be opening up a round of recruitment here shortly. It will be more structured than it was previously.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users