• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#21 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted June 5, 2013 - 07:04 PM

ew no

no more pop pls ok thx

If we're going to do Japanese music, we need good Japanese music, like The Pillows, Sex Machine Guns and songs from shows like Trigun, Gurren Lagann and maybe Eureka Seven and the last opening for Full Metal Alchemist.

#22 PilgriM80

PilgriM80
  • 66 posts

Posted June 7, 2013 - 03:43 AM

So... I can't find "I Found Away" in my setlist. It's on my flash drive, but it won't show up in-game. I figure it might be GHtoRB3 processing the song differently than what the rest of us at C3 do, considering "Farewell to the Fairground" had the same problem, though "Radioactive," "Walk Idiot Walk," "Starlight," and "Somebody Told Me" all work fine.

It's probably the odl song ID issue. Nemo is working on a quick tool, but in the meantime just try to change the song ID manually.

yeah im in the same boat as well. makes me wonder are we all not seeing it or just some of us.
also the volume levels on some songs seems a little up and down.
example mad world vs the good, the bad, and the ugly.
not major at all but worth keeping an eye on.

#23 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,976 posts

Posted June 7, 2013 - 04:03 PM

i can guarantee you that it's not all of us with the problem. if it wasn't showing up for me i'd raise hell, and I think that's the situation with all of us. we test things, if they work, obviously we can't do anything beyond that.

#24 LyokoFreaks

LyokoFreaks
  • 12 posts

Posted June 8, 2013 - 05:07 PM

ew no

no more pop pls ok thx

If we're going to do Japanese music, we need good Japanese music, like The Pillows, Sex Machine Guns and songs from shows like Trigun, Gurren Lagann and maybe Eureka Seven and the last opening for Full Metal Alchemist.

Mainstream, mainstream, mainstream, mainstream, mainstream aaaaaaaaaaaaand mainstream. Is "good" Japanese music stuff that's well-known in the West?

By the way, "we're" not doing anything, unless I'm mistaken and you're a C3 author. "I'm" authoring great music by well-established Japanese artists who are not necessarily mainstream in the US. But feel free to take up the task of authoring tracks from the artists and shows you listed. I would love to see more J-rock in the game.

#25 LyokoFreaks

LyokoFreaks
  • 12 posts

Posted June 8, 2013 - 05:11 PM

The SCANDAL song took me by surprise (pleasantly.) Another song along the same lines I'd like to see is Hyuna-Bubble Pop. . Sooo catchy.

Yeah, SCANDAL is a really fantastic band and this song in particular is really heavy. I haven't listened to much K-pop, but this "Bubble Pop" song is absolutely fantastic. Thanks for sharing!

#26 MFX

MFX
  • 403 posts

Posted June 8, 2013 - 08:02 PM

Mainstream...

Dude, I don't care if Trigun is mainstream, Tsuneo Imahori kicks major ass. :) Gungrave OST is also a favorite.

But yeah, beggars can't be choosers: take what you get, or do it yourself. Customs authors chart what they dig! If they love it enough to chart it, someone else will love it enough to play it.

(Mind, "I really like this song" doesn't necessarily translate to "this would make a fun Rock Band song"...)

Now, everyone go listen to my cover of Kazumi Watanabe's "Kiken-Ga-Ippai!" ;)

#27 squid64

squid64
  • 22 posts

Posted June 9, 2013 - 04:03 AM

i would love any new J-rock or anything along those lines, The Pillows would be nice. but i will take anything
Rock Band needs Pleymo !

#28 Bryan2Blazed

Bryan2Blazed
  • 87 posts

Posted June 12, 2013 - 06:11 PM

Posted Image
I can imagine this was a pain in the ass to chart. Great job Espher and GHtoRB3 team. It was right on the money.

#29 penguinfinity

penguinfinity
  • 20 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:14 AM

I apologize if this is out of line or the wrong place to ask, but has anybody successfully played "Scotty Doesn't Know"? Both times I've played it -- once on its own, and the second time in a playlist -- when the Xbox goes to load it, it just freezes and hangs. Many other customs haven't had this problem. Our Xbox is kind of old and I'm not 100% sure it's that custom, but it's hung twice while playing customs, and on that one. So I'm just wondering if anybody has successfully played the song, and I thank you all for giving us the opportunity to play these customs. (Cover or not, I appreciate seeing "Scotty Doesn't Know" -- it's a generic feel-good rock song, so it should be fun on all instruments, and it's got some quirky lyrics. Perfect party song, and everyone who saw Eurotrip knows the words, or at least the chorus.)

#30 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 569 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 10:44 AM

It worked just fine for me.

#31 RyanHYK

RyanHYK
  • 518 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:03 PM

I apologize if this is out of line or the wrong place to ask, but has anybody successfully played "Scotty Doesn't Know"? Both times I've played it -- once on its own, and the second time in a playlist -- when the Xbox goes to load it, it just freezes and hangs. Many other customs haven't had this problem. Our Xbox is kind of old and I'm not 100% sure it's that custom, but it's hung twice while playing customs, and on that one. So I'm just wondering if anybody has successfully played the song, and I thank you all for giving us the opportunity to play these customs. (Cover or not, I appreciate seeing "Scotty Doesn't Know" -- it's a generic feel-good rock song, so it should be fun on all instruments, and it's got some quirky lyrics. Perfect party song, and everyone who saw Eurotrip knows the words, or at least the chorus.)

For me, It didn't freeze when I played guitar, but it froze twice when I tried vocals.
Hi, I'm Ryan. I author stuff.
Posted Image

#32 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,976 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 07:25 PM

are you sure you have the latest version and it downloaded correctly?
I've played it multiple times, full band, with no problem. hell, just played it last night at the bar :D

#33 penguinfinity

penguinfinity
  • 20 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:25 PM

Latest version? If there was an update, I didn't know. I just grabbed it from the Song Database.

Downloaded correctly? Well, the size wasn't suspect, and it plays the preview in the Song Library (in Rockband 3) so I don't think it was a corrupt download.

First time I tried playing it was as a vocalist alone; second time was as a vocalist with a drummer. Since somebody else said it froze for them while on vocals but not guitar.

#34 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,976 posts

Posted June 14, 2013 - 09:28 PM

I know, I saw. but I can't fix something that I don't experience. if it ever crashes on me then I can try to troubleshoot it. In the meantime you should try to figure it out!

#35 Viper93

Viper93
  • 4 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 08:20 AM

I have a similar problem playing Scotty Doesn't Know but only when I play Drums and vocals together. It might just be the vocals (haven't tried just vocals yet) cause I have played guitar, bass and drums by them self and it has worked fine. If anyone figures out this problem please let me know.

Anyways, thanks for all the great custom songs. Keep' em coming.

#36 Sid Kafizz

Sid Kafizz
  • 264 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 05:32 AM

Another data point here confirming "Scotty Doesn't Know" freezes whenever a vocalist is playing. It works fine when any other instrument or combination of instruments is used.

#37 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,976 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 10:21 AM

Did you download the song within the last 3 days? I rebuilt it and reuploaded on Friday or Saturday.
Either way before and now it doesn't have any problems for me. Like I said before, unless you guys do some troubleshooting to narrow down the cause I can't fix a problem I'm not having. There is nothing special or weird about this song that raises any flags and could be the cause.

#38 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted June 18, 2013 - 11:55 AM

In a pinch I'll grab the CON and poke around when time permits.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#39 Sid Kafizz

Sid Kafizz
  • 264 posts

Posted June 19, 2013 - 02:00 PM

I'll re-download & give it another try ASAP. If I find it still hangs for me I'll try to gather any pertinent data that I can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users