• Please log in to reply
1125 replies to this topic

#101 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,457 posts

Posted May 25, 2013 - 12:20 AM

Trying to get my ducks in a row with so much software. I'm trying to use ZiggysProEditor and i'm confused by all of this software. Don't RB3maker and Le Fluffie accomplish the same thing or am i confused (yes i am definitely confused, but excited to get going)

Thanks for your help and great stuff so far

LeFluffie is an extraordinary piece of software that you can however skip at the beginning, because rb3maker will easily convert your RBA files (the files Magma creates) into CON files (the files that go on the console).

#102 Jdcow45

Jdcow45
  • 72 posts

Posted June 6, 2013 - 03:44 PM

Just thought I should point out that in the Visualizer there isn't a RB3 Version button there are two Convert buttons.

#103 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,968 posts

Posted June 6, 2013 - 03:47 PM

yeah, this is still outdated. I can only work on 5 things at a time my man. give me some time.
the second Convert button was there to allow you to place it on either side of the image. one of those will go in the next update and be replaced by rb3 version along with many many changes I have planned.

#104 Jdcow45

Jdcow45
  • 72 posts

Posted June 6, 2013 - 03:53 PM

yeah, this is still outdated. I can only work on 5 things at a time my man. give me some time.
the second Convert button was there to allow you to place it on either side of the image. one of those will go in the next update and be replaced by rb3 version along with many many changes I have planned.

Okay sorry I wasn't aware that this had already been addressed sorry for the redundancy. Just a thought could you also implement a NONE option so I can remove an icon if my custom isn't a Multitrack, Convert , RB3 Version etc..?

#105 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,968 posts

Posted June 6, 2013 - 03:56 PM

by default the icons won't be enabled, in this version you have to click on them to enable them. on the update coming it'll pick up the Magma flags and will set them for you. have you tried using it at all? if you click on something it enables it, click again, disables it.

#106 Jerry1gman

Jerry1gman
  • 101 posts

Posted June 9, 2013 - 01:40 AM

What's new?
v1.3.0 – added Visualizer! Just drag and drop your song into it and save the image locally and/or to imgur.com in seconds!

Great program! I have a couple of requests;
My passion is with the pro guitar/bass/drums and playing them on real instruments. What would make it easier to jump into a song with a "tune-able guitar" is knowing what tune it is before playing said song. (What is listed in the trainer and what comes down to the left of the highway isn't always right.) For an example, with the Pantera This Love that was recently released. I watched it first, looks like standard E chords. Restart, start playing, and my guitar sounds nothing like it. Now I have to research the popular tunings for the song. There is already a spreadsheet of the official RB3 CD and DLC https://docs.google....uthkey=CLKzu6MD That I contribute to.
However, my request is for the ability to display the tuning of the lead, rhythm and bass guitar on your Visualizer. (And maybe in the C3 song database as well?)
My second request is much more complicated, a wizard.

Once again this a great program!

#107 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,968 posts

Posted June 9, 2013 - 02:20 AM

However, my request is for the ability to display the tuning of the lead, rhythm and bass guitar on your Visualizer. (And maybe in the C3 song database as well?)

can I do it? yes. will i do it? I doubt it. there are very few who would benefit from it. but to integrate it I would have to completely alter the template we're using since there is absolutely no space to have that information displayed.

unless I get more requests for the same, AND someone can suggest a good way to display it without looking out of place, i don't see it happening. sorry.

#108 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted June 9, 2013 - 02:25 AM

Would be a great inclusion for a song information tool at some point in the far flung future, but it definitely doesn't fit on the visualizer, especially for its current/intended usage.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#109 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,968 posts

Posted June 9, 2013 - 02:31 AM

I think we're thinking of a different tool though.
I don't doubt there's a need for a tool to quickly look at ALL the information for a song. but this is not it. the more things we throw at the image the less "easy to read" it becomes.

#110 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted June 9, 2013 - 02:35 AM

I think we're thinking of a different tool though.
I don't doubt there's a need for a tool to quickly look at ALL the information for a song. but this is not it. the more things we throw at the image the less "easy to read" it becomes.

Right.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#111 Jerry1gman

Jerry1gman
  • 101 posts

Posted June 9, 2013 - 04:42 AM

I completely agree.
Sometimes the simplest solution is the best solution.
Currently I have a spreadsheet on my amp. It's so much easier to give that to my drummer and say "I'm currently in drop D, pick any of those songs"

#112 PikminGuts92

PikminGuts92
  • 145 posts

Posted June 9, 2013 - 11:05 PM

I had that same request for the database. The problem is that for official songs, the tuning that is listed in the DTA may be a full step higher (Aerials might be the one I'm thinking of). I assume HMX does this so that the chords are easier to read in-game. Similar to how most guitar tutorial videos on Youtube will have the guy refer to strings as their default note even in alternate tuning (Which I find super annoying). The thing is, this game is designed for beginners.

#113 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 05:00 AM

Having trouble making a package using the package creator.
I'm trying to compile DLC I bought off the rockband store, (individual tracks from the moving pictures album that I bought individually for some stupid reason)
and the package is having the following issues compiling

-Trying to unlock the package
-Error unlocking the package
-Trying to sign the package

and then then the program never finishes the package.
I've used this program to successfully combine RBN tracks, is there just something about regular DLC?
Has this issue been seen before?

#114 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,968 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 06:43 AM

no there is no difference between official, rbn or custom songs in file structure as far as Le Fluffie is concerned. it should be working. but I haven't seen that happen. so you'll need to troubleshoot it a little and see if you can figure out what's causing it so I can fix it. but if it can't unlock the package that usually means it can't access the file. try building to the same folder where the input files are and make sure there's no restrictions on file access (i.e. not in c:\windows\ or c:\program files\.

#115 raynebc

raynebc
  • 267 posts

Posted June 15, 2013 - 09:07 PM

Or the root of the system volume (ie. C:).

#116 Drihscol

Drihscol
  • 166 posts

Posted June 16, 2013 - 09:40 AM

Moving le fluffie and the song files to a new folder on the root of my drive solved the problem.
The song files were already in a folder on the root of the drive, but there was another folder in the folder with the song files, perhaps this is why le fluffie crashed?

Thanks C:

#117 columbo777

columbo777

The Pro Wannabe

• 353 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 12:44 PM

Is it possible to add a feature that will take a CON and the PRO and combine them together while updating the songs.dta?

Find all the known Guitar PRO upgrades on the RB PRO upgrades tracker google-sheet:

https://docs.google....SV_o/edit#gid=0

#118 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,968 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 01:15 PM

Sure. I'll add it to the to do list for next update

#119 columbo777

columbo777

The Pro Wannabe

• 353 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 02:48 PM

While you're so amenable, perhaps you could have a feature to add PRO and PRO HARMONIES (RBHP) and do the necessary magic to spit out the final updated CON?

Find all the known Guitar PRO upgrades on the RB PRO upgrades tracker google-sheet:

https://docs.google....SV_o/edit#gid=0

#120 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,968 posts

Posted June 17, 2013 - 02:53 PM

I'll have to look at how to merge midi files before I can guarantee that I can do that though. Its a bit different tham anything I've done so far.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users