C3 CON Tools v4.0.0 [01/25/18]

• Please log in to reply
1111 replies to this topic

#1101 xxasians1nxx

xxasians1nxx
  • 11 posts

Posted April 19, 2018 - 05:05 AM

Apologies if this is the incorrect thread to post, however, i did see a patch note regarding the use of ng_id.txt, which is the problem I am facing now. I am currently modding the wii to play rock band customs. I am unable to determine where to find a .bin file to use to extract the ng_id.txt. Is there a sample somewhere that I need to download? 

#1102 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,333 posts

Posted April 19, 2018 - 05:43 AM

Apologies if this is the incorrect thread to post, however, i did see a patch note regarding the use of ng_id.txt, which is the problem I am facing now. I am currently modding the wii to play rock band customs. I am unable to determine where to find a .bin file to use to extract the ng_id.txt. Is there a sample somewhere that I need to download? 

I'd point you to the Wii thread in the Customs Troubleshooting topic but I see you've already found it.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#1103 GreenPanda12

GreenPanda12
  • 423 posts

Posted April 19, 2018 - 05:57 AM

So I'm having trouble opening RBtoUSB. The window doesn't seem to show up when I click on it but the application shows me that it's loaded. I've tried using a older version to counteract the problem but the same thing is happening. Any clue as to why this is happening?

krGOH09.jpg

Rock Band : Harmonies Project Contributor and C3 Author

C3 Universe Profile - http://p.c3universe.com/greenpanda12

#1104 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,852 posts

Posted April 19, 2018 - 11:18 AM

Have you tried just running C3 CON Tools and clicking on the RBtoUSB button? What happens?

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

#1105 GreenPanda12

GreenPanda12
  • 423 posts

Posted April 20, 2018 - 05:19 AM

Have you tried just running C3 CON Tools and clicking on the RBtoUSB button? What happens?

Sent from my Samsung S9+ using Tapatalk.

Yes to both. The application loads up on my start bar but the window doesn't show up when I click on it.

krGOH09.jpg

#1106 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,852 posts

Posted April 20, 2018 - 11:18 AM

When you say you've tried redownloading, are you putting the new files in the same old installation folder (i.e. still using the same config settings?). Try a new download to your desktop, extract there, and just run from there so it's not using any custom configuration settings. What happens?

#1107 GreenPanda12

GreenPanda12
  • 423 posts

Posted April 20, 2018 - 12:24 PM

That did the trick. I did what you mentioned before so that's probably why it was being weird.

Thanks again.

krGOH09.jpg

#1108 J-TOKI_12

J-TOKI_12
  • 6 posts

Posted July 5, 2018 - 12:40 AM

Hi all.

Apologies if this has been addressed before but I didn't find any ways to fix what I'm encountering. Some customs I'd like to edit the info for (names are not right, artist, year, etc) in the DTA Editor. What I'm confused on is why some files are able to be edited and others aren't. The ones that aren't give a "There was a problem accessing that file. Access to the path <file> is denied." I thought it was a Windows permissions issues, but I'm getting both results from files in the same folder. Is there something I'm missing?

#1109 raynebc

raynebc
  • 247 posts

Posted July 5, 2018 - 06:10 PM

The file may be opened for editing by another program, or antivirus could be interfering. Process Explorer is a good program to use to check for this sort of thing.

#1110 DosParkers

DosParkers
  • 190 posts

Posted July 25, 2018 - 10:12 PM

Weird bug I noticed...

If the folder name has a # in it the application will not start.

My folder was:

C:\#C3\C3CONToolsv400

#1111 JethroRamone

JethroRamone
  • 1 posts

Posted August 31, 2018 - 06:26 AM

Will there ever be a mac version?

#1112 Alternity

Alternity
  • 799 posts

Posted August 31, 2018 - 09:52 AM

Only if someone ever port it to ios, which seems unlikely at this point. Your best bet is either a Windows emulator or a Windows VM, or if you want the real deal, dual-boot.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users