C3 CON Tools v4.0.0 [01/25/18]

• Please log in to reply
1118 replies to this topic

#81 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,959 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:20 PM

The visualizer is a mess for me. All the options are missplaced. And the pictures that come out look horribly.

I'm sure it's a problem on my end. But I'd like to know how to fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/ht7eAwI.jpg

how many monitors? can you get me a screenshot of the visualizer window when it loads, not the final image it gives you? and yes, try installing the font, although it should be sideloading it automatically.

#82 WonderWaage

WonderWaage
  • 11 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:24 PM

The visualizer is a mess for me. All the options are missplaced. And the pictures that come out look horribly.

I'm sure it's a problem on my end. But I'd like to know how to fix it.

http://i.imgur.com/ht7eAwI.jpg

Can you try navigating to the res folder, right-click on the font, and install it?

Done that.

http://i.imgur.com/lnOUHeJ.png

how many monitors? can you get me a screenshot of the visualizer window when it loads, not the final image it gives you? and yes, try installing the font, although it should be sideloading it automatically.

One monitor.
http://i.imgur.com/lnOUHeJ.png

#83 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,959 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:32 PM

that is ridiculous. your problem is that the program window is way bigger than it should be. compare my screenshot, which is 1:1, and yours. why is the program opening a much bigger window than I programmed it to be in? :confused: grab my screenshot, overlay it with yours. you'll see the template image matches, that's why everything else is out of whack, because the sizes of the program are wrong.

I'll have to wait for nyx to suggest an idea why, as I have no clue what could cause that. it's not in the programming code, as the proportions of the window are set at design time, not even something I "program" in... :ohdear:

#84 WonderWaage

WonderWaage
  • 11 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:43 PM

that is ridiculous. your problem is that the program window is way bigger than it should be. compare my screenshot, which is 1:1, and yours. why is the program opening a much bigger window than I programmed it to be in? :confused: grab my screenshot, overlay it with yours. you'll see the template image matches, that's why everything else is out of whack, because the sizes of the program are wrong.

I'll have to wait for nyx to suggest an idea why, as I have no clue what could cause that. it's not in the programming code, as the proportions of the window are set at design time, not even something I "program" in... :ohdear:

I'll just wait then :D

#85 WonderWaage

WonderWaage
  • 11 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 04:52 PM

Got it working. Had to change some stuff around in my Windows Settings... Thx though :)

#86 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,959 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 05:44 PM

mind sharing what those settings were in case it happens to someone else?

#87 Magoo

Magoo
  • 15 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 07:30 PM

http://gyazo.com/028...516809b928817b0
Mine is all messed up too, looks just like the screenshots in this thread. Running just a single monitor W7

#88 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,959 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 07:42 PM

we'll have to see what WonderWaage changed. that's definitely a setting on your end since the vast majority of testers haven't encountered it. Do you have any sort of settings that change the default window size? Perhaps to compensate for a high resolution display you bumped it up to 125% or 150% of default size? the program needs to run in its intended size.

#89 Magoo

Magoo
  • 15 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 08:00 PM

Yes , I have my Font size set to Medium = 125%, Default (100%) is way to small for pretty much everything.

#90 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,959 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 09:09 PM

it's not a font size, its a FORM size issue. like I told WonderWaage, grab the screenshot from the OP, which is a 1:1 scale of how big it should be, and you can clearly see your entire program window is oversized, the image part is fine, if you compare the template background, but because the form size isn't correct, the other things go out of whack since they're based on the set size of the form. no clue how you guys managed to get a program window to be bigger than it was designed to be.

#91 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,959 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 10:21 PM

Magoo, try this version and let me know if anything changes. Changed a default setting that autoscales the form based on Font size...which is enabled by default.

http://www.keepitfis... ... B3_131.rar

#92 Magoo

Magoo
  • 15 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 10:54 PM

Kinda Fixed it, The picture is fine, but now I have scrollbars I can't get rid of.

Screen shot http://gyazo.com/ca0...d617f6d2a79ecb6

#93 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,959 posts

Posted May 16, 2013 - 11:27 PM

just for testing purposes, change your font to 100% default size please. i think it's going to come down to that for you. the reason you have scroll bars is because the font in the menu, which is a default font, is too big (again, compare to the pictures in the OP). because of the size of the font, the menu bar is too big, so it pushes the form down and beyond the bounds of the container form.
also, all the labels are too big so the text is getting cut off. it all seems to stem from the size of the font.

#94 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 01:15 AM

From troubleshooting a lot of corporate apps I can tell you that the font size scaling that some people do breaks a lot of window size/layouts for things with a mix of fixed and relative positioning.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#95 WonderWaage

WonderWaage
  • 11 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 10:05 AM

My computer was at 150% zoom instead of 100%... This was apperently done out of the factory... Shucks... But changing that to 100% did the trick.

#96 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb
  • 116 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 04:38 AM

A small but interesting bug: when packaging songs that have special characters somewhere in the artist or song names, the encoding of the text changes in the songs.dta and causes the text to break in-game. For example, Motörhead and Mötley Crüe get replaced with garbage at the umlaut characters in the repackaged dta. It doesn't break anything else so it's not a huge issue, but it is there.

#97 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,901 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 05:04 AM

A small but interesting bug: when packaging songs that have special characters somewhere in the artist or song names, the encoding of the text changes in the songs.dta and causes the text to break in-game. For example, Motörhead and Mötley Crüe get replaced with garbage at the umlaut characters in the repackaged dta. It doesn't break anything else so it's not a huge issue, but it is there.

What are you running for regional/non-Unicode settings? I ran into this problem with RB:HP for a while and sorted it out, but it choked and died when I was using any East Asian language as a region + non-unicode.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#98 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,959 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 02:41 PM

this is because some songs require UTF8 encoding and some songs require ANSI encoding, and you can't have both in the same file, so one or the other loses. the majority of songs are fine with ANSI, so that's the default. I'm already trying to figure out a way around it, but i don't know if it'll ever be possible.

#99 KyleJCrb

KyleJCrb
  • 116 posts

Posted May 19, 2013 - 05:07 PM

What are you running for regional/non-Unicode settings? I ran into this problem with RB:HP for a while and sorted it out, but it choked and died when I was using any East Asian language as a region + non-unicode.

My non-unicode settings are set to English (United States). I wonder if just extracting the dta, editing it by hand, then injecting it back in would break anything. I'll give it a shot.

#100 mario3166

mario3166
  • 16 posts

Posted May 24, 2013 - 11:15 PM

Trying to get my ducks in a row with so much software. I'm trying to use ZiggysProEditor and i'm confused by all of this software. Don't RB3maker and Le Fluffie accomplish the same thing or am i confused (yes i am definitely confused, but excited to get going)

Thanks for your help and great stuff so far

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users