C3 CON Tools v3.9.8 [07/31/16]

• Please log in to reply
1074 replies to this topic

#21 Busta Uppa

Busta Uppa
  • 114 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 03:26 PM

Can song ID be changed in an existing con without breaking things? Obviously I would change every instance of the name in the .dta, as well as the name of the folder in the package. I would like to rename the string of numbers and letters found in a particular con to be something more intuitive.

Also, can the actual filename be changed to whatever I want? Or is it best to leave that unchanged? Not sure if the filename itself is referenced by the package or RB song cache in some way that would complicate this (I have no qualms about rebuilding cache if I need to).

EDIT:vvvvvvvv great, thanks!

#22 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,762 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 03:32 PM

you can change anything you want. filename makes no difference, with the exception that if you have a song in your xbox with a filename song_a, and then in your pc you change the filename to songa, when you put it back on your xbox, it won't overwrite song_a, so you'd need to find it, or you'll have conflicting files.

as far as the song id, it's fine to change it as well to whatever you like, as long as it's not being used by another song, or you'll encounter cache issues.

#23 The T

The T
  • 51 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 04:56 PM

Are we at all concerned about ever having conflicting song IDs, with multiple custom authors? Or do you guys keep a huge backend of all the IDs? :P I worry about customs I've gotten from off of C3 ever having a chance of conflicting.

#24 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,762 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 05:01 PM

i know that some authors append their name or something similar to the songs. for my part, I have all customs that we are concerned about, so when something doesn't work, I notice on my end :-)
but no, there is no centralized back end of custom song ids as far as I know...maybe that's a great project for someone to take up :dance:

#25 Polish Weener

Polish Weener
  • 89 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 05:02 PM

Great job man. This will be extremely useful since not all authors provide Reaper files or MIDs for editing.

#26 The T

The T
  • 51 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 05:26 PM

Oh oh oh! For some reason I was thinking song ID was just a number, but that makes way more sense. Okay no worries! :P

#27 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,167 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 05:43 PM

I've lobbied with all authors to use a prefix for the IDs, I've been appending my prefix to mine for a year now. ;)

#28 MFX

MFX
  • 389 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 06:30 PM

Oh, yeah, a 'registry' of prefixes would be swell... avoid namespace collisions...

As usual: "Someone make a spreadsheet, STAT!" :)

#29 WheelofKa19

WheelofKa19
  • 87 posts

Posted April 30, 2013 - 08:11 PM

the images need to be in the exact format that the game requires, so yes, 64x64 png for the dashboard, and 256x256 24-bit (?) bitmap image....given some of the stuff that has been said before, let me be absolutely clear here.
a bitmap image has a bmp extension...but not because it was a .png image, you went in, and changed the extension manually from .png to .bmp. that will cause problems. it needs to be a proper bmp, so if your image is in a different format, open it in Paint, Photoshop, or whatever other program you have, then SAVE AS .bmp. and use that.

I don't see another reason why the album art would be messed up in game. it works for me. it's the same code that RB3Maker has used for years (the creator sent it to me to create this album art converter portion of the program).

Got it all working. I was indeed using the incorrect size bmp.
Also, I forgot to sign as con after altering the official dlc artwork.
Once I did that, it worked perfectly. Thanks so much for this!
People do things. It's a fact.

#30 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,762 posts

Posted May 1, 2013 - 12:22 AM

i'm working on the album converter code to allow you to use different format images and any image size. next update.

#31 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,762 posts

Posted May 1, 2013 - 08:24 PM

here's a teaser of the new and improved Album Art Converter:
Posted Image

coming soon unless I find any problems with this build. I think it's pretty solid.

#32 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,762 posts

Posted May 2, 2013 - 08:03 PM

alright new build is online. this is v1.1 and got plenty of plans for much more in the works but gotta take some exams first (stupid education).
link is the same as the op.

v1.1.0 - redesigned and greatly improved the Album Art Converter
- can now go from bmp/png/jpg to rock band format
- any input image size is allowed, program auto-scales to correct size
- can now go from rock band format to bmp/png/jpg
- choice of multiple output sizes and formats
- can drag and drop files into the converter

#33 Busta Uppa

Busta Uppa
  • 114 posts

Posted May 3, 2013 - 11:54 PM

If I put an actual DLC file on removable storage, could Le Fluffie work with it? I really wanna fix a "HIM" DLC track so it sorts correctly with the "H.I.M." song on the RB3 disc. Theoretically I'd lose the ability to play it online or in Blitz, and I'd be okay with that. But is it possible?

Also, beyond the technical aspects-- I'd want to know if modifying official DLC could cause some sort of problem with your Xbox Live profile or anything like that, before I proceed.

#34 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,762 posts

Posted May 4, 2013 - 12:20 AM

yes it would work. you need to move the dlc OFF the usb stick though, I wouldn't recommend (and don't even think it is possible) to try to edit it while it's still in the xbox-formatted usb stick.
just make sure you select "CON" and click sign and rebuild when you're done.

now, make sure when you put it back in the usb stick that you do NOT put it back where you got it from. when you put dlc to the usb stick, it goes in a 000002 folder, customs go in 000001, so make sure you put the resigned song, which is now a custom by the game's standards, in the 000001 folder.

#35 Busta Uppa

Busta Uppa
  • 114 posts

Posted May 4, 2013 - 05:18 AM

yes it would work. you need to move the dlc OFF the usb stick though, I wouldn't recommend (and don't even think it is possible) to try to edit it while it's still in the xbox-formatted usb stick.
just make sure you select "CON" and click sign and rebuild when you're done.

now, make sure when you put it back in the usb stick that you do NOT put it back where you got it from. when you put dlc to the usb stick, it goes in a 000002 folder, customs go in 000001, so make sure you put the resigned song, which is now a custom by the game's standards, in the 000001 folder.

This worked perfectly! Finally have the two "H.I.M." songs in my library sorted together. :c00l: Thanks!

#36 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,762 posts

Posted May 5, 2013 - 06:03 PM

Posted Image
Coming Soon

#37 WheelofKa19

WheelofKa19
  • 87 posts

Posted May 6, 2013 - 01:07 AM

That is awesome.
It will be a huge help to be able to create our own packs with ease.
Should cut down on cache loading time considerably.
Can't wait to check it out.

#38 The T

The T
  • 51 posts

Posted May 6, 2013 - 02:27 AM

Just wanted to say, I just used this version of Le Fluffie to create some dummy song.dta files, to rename the old versions of songs that have a RB3 version, so they will sort as "zzzzzz" at the bottom of the tracklist instead of sorting with their respective artists!

I'm sure this would be a relatively easy thing for anyone else to figure out, but I'm kind of proud of myself for it, and this program made it even easier. So thanks. :)

#39 C16

C16
  • 353 posts

Posted May 7, 2013 - 07:27 PM

So you're either renaming the artist zzzzzzz or the song? Either way I don't see why you would want that or to even seperate RB3 version songs. Why not just get rid of the non RB3 versions and remove the (RB3 Version) line from the song's name to just have one version?

#40 WheelofKa19

WheelofKa19
  • 87 posts

Posted May 7, 2013 - 07:49 PM

So you're either renaming the artist zzzzzzz or the song? Either way I don't see why you would want that or to even seperate RB3 version songs. Why not just get rid of the non RB3 versions and remove the (RB3 Version) line from the song's name to just have one version?

This.

I repackaged the RB2 & LRB exports and other big packs to delete 45 songs from my library in addition to editing some. A little time consuming, but you only have to do it once and it was worth it to trim the unwanted songs.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users