• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#41 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 01:56 AM

For easy access, would you be able to share any on-disc DTAs?

I don't mean just the RB3 ones with the legacy updates, either.

I don't think I have them left anymore, beyond the ones that are already out there. I did a lot of post-release cleanup.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#42 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,176 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 05:02 PM

Could someone that does chart Keys please do Pork and Beans? The music video shows one of the chords and that's about half the parts. Oh, and harmonies too.

[04/04/14 for the package, though you did put out keys for it in January. See, folks? Authoring submissions works! :)]

#43 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 10:39 PM

Just found another 'fix' - in We Weren't Born to Follow by Bon Jovi, just before the guitar solo, Jon Bon Jovi yells "Guitar!" but the RB3 lyrics say "Get down!". If you could fix that, that would be great, it's always annoyed me :)

[TBD]

Also, have you had a chance to look at my Summer of 69 keys chart yet?

[I totally did get around to releasing this eventually.]

#44 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 11:27 PM

Just found another 'fix' - in We Weren't Born to Follow by Bon Jovi, just before the guitar solo, Jon Bon Jovi yells "Guitar!" but the RB3 lyrics say "Get down!". If you could fix that, that would be great, it's always annoyed me :)

No. I may or may not have completely forgotten about it while getting this week's release ready.

I should totally put it out with the next one probably.

#45 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted May 31, 2013 - 06:57 AM

No. I may or may not have completely forgotten about it while getting this week's release ready.

I should totally put it out with the next one probably.

Haha, no worries, you had a tight deadline to work with. New release looks great!

#46 TrowaAyanami

TrowaAyanami
  • 44 posts

Posted June 8, 2013 - 03:03 AM

I have a quick question, is it possible to chart harmonies to songs that are either no longer available to download (Runnin' Wild, Snoop's Upside Ya Head) or weren't exportable to RB3? (Enter Sandman, Any Way You Want It)

[I actually did chart harmonies for Snoop's Upside Ya Head w/ 12/12/14, but forgot it wasn't available for download any longer. Still no plans for the non-exports, though.]

#47 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted June 8, 2013 - 11:48 AM

I have a quick question, is it possible to chart harmonies to songs that are either no longer available to download (Runnin' Wild, Snoop's Upside Ya Head) or weren't exportable to RB3? (Enter Sandman, Any Way You Want It)

It's definitely possible -- for songs no longer available to download, I will still chart them (we have some RBN examples already); for songs that didn't export, it's a little trickier, since getting them to load generally requires we use a different song_id, and that seems to vary between versions. I could put out an optional upgrade but it will require the user to edit the songs.dta and upgrades.dta to match their original. :)

#48 Korewahondes

Korewahondes
  • 163 posts

Posted October 28, 2013 - 08:28 PM

Pushing for the Rise Against pack (or was it a pack actually?): Prayer of The Refugee, Re-education (Through Labor) and Savior! Thanks a lot. :)

[04/04/14]

Korewahondes.png

#49 clintilona

clintilona
  • 589 posts

Posted November 9, 2013 - 12:22 AM

Any chance of the RHCP Blood Sugar album harmonies happening soon?

[02/20/15]
**Rock Band needs more Power Metal**

#50 GandWuser

GandWuser
  • 88 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 02:49 AM

A Keys/Pro Keys update to the Duran Duran songs would make me happy. You guys do that kind of thing, right? It really feels like Harmonix missed out on something by not releasing after keys got introduced.

[No submissions for these yet. Still TBD, if ever.]
Suckers!

#51 wreckem27

wreckem27
  • 215 posts

Posted November 11, 2013 - 04:13 PM

Just a question. It says you have to use a backing track to do keys. Why can't you just make another track that doesn't cut out? I assume there is a reason, just curious as to what it is.

#52 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,176 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 06:44 PM

Just a question. It says you have to use a backing track to do keys. Why can't you just make another track that doesn't cut out? I assume there is a reason, just curious as to what it is.

I can answer that.
You can't just "make" another track because that involves editing the audio, which is often encrypted. Then that would also mean distributing said audio, which is completely against the intent of the project.

#53 wreckem27

wreckem27
  • 215 posts

Posted November 21, 2013 - 11:17 PM

I can answer that.
You can't just "make" another track because that involves editing the audio, which is often encrypted. Then that would also mean distributing said audio, which is completely against the intent of the project.

I see. Thank you for the reply.

Kind of a bummer, but better than nothing.

(Also want to throw in another shameless request for Umphreys McGee's 1348 to get a pro drum fix! :P)

#54 drossvirex

drossvirex
  • 31 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 12:21 AM

Any Alice in Chains harmonies would be great. Especially No Excuses.

[06/27/14]

#55 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,294 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 12:34 AM

I dont know if this has every been noticed but on Adams Song by Blink 182 there is military snare roll going on later in the song that for ever reason gets charted to the yellow hi hat. If you look at my video at 4:10 you can see what I'm talking about.

#56 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 455 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 03:53 AM

I did not see any yellow cymbal note in that section. Only yellow pad notes.

I think this was deliberate.

#57 Sideshow

Sideshow
  • 2,294 posts

Posted November 24, 2013 - 10:11 AM

I did not see any yellow cymbal note in that section. Only yellow pad notes.

I think this was deliberate.

I meant to say yellow pad notes in my previous post. Those yellow pad notes starting at 4:15 shouldnt be there. All I hear is snare being played in the audio. The red+yellow pad flam hits are fine but all the other yellow pad notes should be charted to red snare. Its not a big deal because it sure adds more flavor to the chart its just not accurate to what the drummer is actually playing.

#58 MiltoniusPrime

MiltoniusPrime
  • 537 posts

Posted December 14, 2013 - 10:45 AM

I've been following HP for a bit, INCREDIBLY tempted to get it, especially since I run my setup at cons and get tired of seeing three people singing one vocal part. I'm curious about two things though (and will feel goofy if they've been asked on previous pages):

1) Has band unison disabling been confirmed for EVERYONE who downloads it, or just a few? This is the biggest thing holding me back from wanting to get it.

2) I think I saw something about a batch file that lumps all the upgrades together, is this true? Or would I have to load them all as separate items? I'm already sitting at 2600+ songs thanks to customs, and I'm worried I'd somehow trigger the song limit, or if they aren't counted toward song total.

#59 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 01:57 AM

I've been following HP for a bit, INCREDIBLY tempted to get it, especially since I run my setup at cons and get tired of seeing three people singing one vocal part. I'm curious about two things though (and will feel goofy if they've been asked on previous pages):

1) Has band unison disabling been confirmed for EVERYONE who downloads it, or just a few? This is the biggest thing holding me back from wanting to get it.

2) I think I saw something about a batch file that lumps all the upgrades together, is this true? Or would I have to load them all as separate items? I'm already sitting at 2600+ songs thanks to customs, and I'm worried I'd somehow trigger the song limit, or if they aren't counted toward song total.

1) One person reported it. One person kind of confirmed it. Nobody else has ever mentioned it to me.

2) The packager takes the input (downloads) and puts it into two files: one dummy file (deleted after cache shenanigans), and one upgrade file (with all the upgrade .mids). It does not, as best I can tell, treat upgrades as 'songs' for hitting the total.

#60 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted January 11, 2014 - 01:20 PM

Hey guys,

Reading through this thread again to kind of plot out the next few months I see a lot of stuff that was requested long ago and that I haven't gotten around to. I can say some of it is penciled in for specific dates, some of it has been earmarked by contributors (and they're an ongoing WIP), and some of it I complete forgot about. I'll try to tackle some of these over the next few months to satisfy these requests.

I also note there are a few people looking for RBN pro drum upgrade for songs, and (unfortuantely) contributions for those seem to have dried up a bit. Pro drum upgrades are /extremely/ easy to do (and test -- no cache tricks!), so if anyone is interested in contributing these to the project, let me know and I can help you get set up.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users