• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#21 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted May 3, 2013 - 04:43 PM

The plan is definitely finish the disc before a return to DLC.

If I get a keys upgrade for a song for which I have not yet charted harmonies, I am more than willing to push that out as-is until such time as I get around to the harmony chart, for what it's worth.

C3 Author/Admin, Project Lead for the Rock Band: Harmonies Project

#22 chexmixho

chexmixho
  • 664 posts

Posted May 3, 2013 - 08:11 PM

The plan is definitely finish the disc before a return to DLC.

Awesome! Looking forward to getting the complete LRB disc songs with harmonies.

If I get a keys upgrade for a song for which I have not yet charted harmonies, I am more than willing to push that out as-is until such time as I get around to the harmony chart, for what it's worth.

Gotcha. For what it's worth, I enjoy the keys and harmonies equally to be honest. I mainly play guitar/bass/drums so vocals and keys aren't my go-to instruments but other people are always playing them when I have Rock Band parties (which is mainly the only way I play rock Band) so I would say get them both done before releasing a song. I guess I was just kinda suggesting if a song was way down on your priority list of songs that you will harmony upgrades to and someone gets keys/pro keys knocked out for it, then maybe you could move it to the top of your list. Again, just a friendly suggestion. Thanks again for the awesome work on this project!

#23 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted May 3, 2013 - 09:23 PM

If I get keys, I'll certainly consider it, but say I had gotten some more keys charts this week for songs I hadn't done yet -- I still have ~19 LRB songs to go, so I'm not going to sit on the keys chart for two months. The same goes for cases where I get a chart and maybe have something in the pipe that I can't really bump or am likely a little ways out from doing. I'd rather get the optional keys upgrade out and then work on a harm chart (you can always hold off using the optional keys upgrade until the harmonies are done, of course).

Considering I have received a grand total of 0 new keys submissions since the last release (and only recently got someone contacting me re: incorporating their pro guitar upgrades), I can't say it's an issue yet.

#24 Unicyclone

Unicyclone
  • 91 posts

Posted May 6, 2013 - 02:32 AM

I really want to see Harmonies for The Dead Weather and The Vines. Especially "Treat Me Like Your Mother" and "Ride!"

[Both of these are still TBD! The Vines' tracks should be done March/April 2015.]
I chart multitrack customs! Download them here.

My WIP thread

#25 Just_j0sh

Just_j0sh
  • 1 posts

Posted May 6, 2013 - 05:12 PM

I know it was said on another forum i believe but if it would be possible to get the week of DLC to work on TU4 which included Tenacious D and Dinosaur Jr. it would be great to have all my songs in one place.

[Mental note to make sure the missing info is baked in for these when I get to them. I want to say Tenacious D had them when the songs were released (2012/2013) since I could load them, but Dinosaur Jr. still TBD.]

#26 crash53456

crash53456
  • 8 posts

Posted May 8, 2013 - 02:10 PM

A few requests:

For RBN:
Mayday Parade - When I Get Home You're So Dead - Harmonies + Pro Drums
Mayday Parade - Jamie All Over - Harmonies
Sleeping With Sirens - If I'm James Dean, You're Audrey Hepburn - Pro Drums Fix

[Still TBD for these, if I do them.]

#27 Mirio

Mirio
  • 45 posts

Posted May 10, 2013 - 10:03 PM

Some Foo Fighters songs, in not the most of them, do need harmonies. The Pretender would work just perfect with them, because of the fact there are different lyrics to sing at the same time. The same goes to Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against. I'd love to see them fully playabe at some point.

[Lots of Foos done after 05/10/23. 06/21/13: Best of You/Pretender/Wheels/Word Forward. 02/21/14: All My Life/I'll Stick Around/Lonely as You/This Is a Call/Times Like These/DOA + The Colour and the Shape. Rise Against was done 04/04/14.]

[Oh, and of course, keys for "Something From Nothing" as of 02/20/15!]

#28 v4vendetta

v4vendetta
  • 46 posts

Posted May 11, 2013 - 03:19 PM

2009 DLC - My Name is Jonas (sounds like two part "double vocal")

[04/04/14]

#29 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted May 17, 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'd like to add a request for No Excuses by Alice in Chains. That song has incredible harmonies and I always find myself singing along to the harmony part rather than the lead.

[06/27/14]

#30 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,168 posts

Posted May 20, 2013 - 05:38 AM

Some Foo Fighters songs, in not the most of them, do need harmonies. The Pretender would work just perfect with them, because of the fact there are different lyrics to sing at the same time. The same goes to Prayer of the Refugee by Rise Against. I'd love to see them fully playabe at some point.

I second this. They're some of the songs that were unfortunate enough to release too soon.

[All done on both counts! See above.]

#31 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 03:32 PM

Alright, semi-related, I'm looking to get a list of optional fixes/variants put together so I have a pool from which I can work. As per the thread I started well before C3 on ScoreHero, here are the sorts of things I'm looking for:

* Incorrect note alignment (e.g. The infamous blue drum note in The Police's "Next to You").
* Missing notes (that is to say, ones that were seemingly not intentionally omitted; e.g. the missing snare notes in Rage Against the Machine's "Testify" or Foo Fighters' "Learn to Fly).
* Incorrect Pro Drum charts (gotten a lot of reports of these, mostly with pre-RB3 charts' on-disc updates)
* Silly formatting errors (e.g. the bad lyric-to-note matching in the chorus of Sum 41's "Fat Lip" or the doubled lyric display in some of the recent releases' harmony charts; optionally including things that break in RB3 like phrase markers from RB1/RB2 songs).
* Objectively incorrect/broken charts (e.g. the infamously awful charts for bad-RBN-charting-poster-child: Nothing More's "Fat Kid").
* Adjustments to songs.dta (artist sorting, like HIM/H.I.M.; or, band + featured artist instead of band; or, incorrect/vague genres; or, album sorting, like Iron Maiden's Flight 666 non-live tracks).

If there are any corrections you'd like to note, please list them here. My preference is for artist, song, a time when it occurs (with video, ideally) for charting problems, the fix requested, and whether or not it has a score impact. Score-impacting changes will be delayed until the leaderboards are dead or nobody cares anymore, but non-score-impacting changes like fixing broken notes or updating a songs.dta file can be done now.

#32 MFX

MFX
  • 387 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 05:08 PM

Trapt, "Who's Going Home With You Tonight"
" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Expert Drums, missing snare around 0:28
(yes, score-impacting!)

[TBD on a fix because it's score impacting.]

#33 WheelofKa19

WheelofKa19
  • 87 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 09:53 PM

* Adjustments to songs.dta (artist sorting, like HIM/H.I.M.; or, band + featured artist instead of band; or, incorrect/vague genres; or, album sorting, like Iron Maiden's Flight 666 non-live tracks).

If there are any corrections you'd like to note, please list them here. My preference is for artist, song, a time when it occurs (with video, ideally) for charting problems, the fix requested, and whether or not it has a score impact. Score-impacting changes will be delayed until the leaderboards are dead or nobody cares anymore, but non-score-impacting changes like fixing broken notes or updating a songs.dta file can be done now.

I will put a list of all the ones I've updated the .dta for fixes if that helps.
I also changed all the songs with a Featured Artist to have that show in the song title instead of the band name so the artists would all sort together.

One set of info I could never seem to alter is the recorded year in parentheses of the Rerecord tracks.
Album title and artwork updated, but not the year.
Those were the Styx and REO Speedwagon tracks and the Buffet and Social D packs.
I don't think you've gotten to those yet, but thought I'd mention it.
People do things. It's a fact.

#34 espher

espher

Harmonies Hacker

• Administrator
  • 1,899 posts

Posted May 21, 2013 - 11:09 PM

A list would be great. An e-mail zip file with all of the corrected info might be even better. ;)

#35 WheelofKa19

WheelofKa19
  • 87 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 01:15 PM

A list would be great. An e-mail zip file with all of the corrected info might be even better. ;)

Much better idea. Will do.
People do things. It's a fact.

#36 wreckem27

wreckem27
  • 215 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 07:02 PM

I would love a pro drum fix for 1348 by Umphrey's McGee.

[08/08/14]

#37 galexio

galexio
  • 211 posts

Posted May 22, 2013 - 07:49 PM

I'm looking to get a list of optional fixes/variants put together so I have a pool from which I can work.

cover of "War Pigs" by Black Sabbath
6:06. Guitar. Incorrect chord.
In the E-B-D chords, while playing D, the last chord is played as RB, when it should be RY. It's been bugging me since I downloaded the pack back in Christmas 2008. Also maybe some forced hammer-ons since they're available.

"The Pretender" by Foo Fighters (affects score)
0:03-0:35. Guitar. "SUSTAIN ALL THE NOTES." They said. "IT'LL BE FUN" they said
Change the sustains into regular notes. It kills the whole mood when we let go of a button and the guitar track gets chopped.

"Boulevard of Broken Dreams" by Green Day (affects score)
Guitar. Intro. Change section from 16th notes into sustained chords played on each quarter beat. It's a more literal translation of what's played IRL since the guitar effect in use is vibrato.

*the infamously awful charts for bad-RBN-charting-poster-child: Nothing More's "Fat Kid").

Holy crap. The instrument charts are so bad even Activision wouldn't have accepted them on Guitar Hero 3.

[TBD since it's all score-impacting]
Loading signature... please wait.

#38 StackOverflow0x

StackOverflow0x

Wii Guy

• 1,168 posts

Posted May 24, 2013 - 04:31 AM

"The Pretender" by Foo Fighters (affects score)

0:03-0:35. Guitar. "SUSTAIN ALL THE NOTES." They said. "IT'LL BE FUN" they said
Change the sustains into regular notes. It kills the whole mood when we let go of a button and the guitar track gets chopped.

That just sounds picky. I think they were made sustains to make up for the violin or something in the background. You can hear it more clearly at 3:48.

#39 DVDSmith

DVDSmith
  • 431 posts

Posted May 26, 2013 - 01:21 PM

Could you fix the broken section in Panic Attack drums? (5:25 in this video.) It wouldn't affect scoring since it's just a case of re-aligning the cymbal hits.

[iirc this was done long ago]

#40 Oddbrother

Oddbrother
  • 449 posts

Posted May 30, 2013 - 12:57 AM

For easy access, would you be able to share any on-disc DTAs?

I don't mean just the RB3 ones with the legacy updates, either.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users