LIST OF ALL AUTHORING STUFF (REAPER, Magma, tutorials, etc.)

• Please log in to reply
228 replies to this topic

#221 Binty

Binty
  • 12 posts

Posted February 18, 2020 - 11:32 PM

Hi all,

I'm using Reaper V4.22 (32bit) and downloaded Python 2.7.6 as per a number of the instructions. However, I'm aware these instructions were written some time ago and am wondering if Python 2.7.6 was the latest version at the time of writing.

My question is will the latest version of Python run with all the C3 software and tools? I've been looking through the forums to try and find an answer but haven't had any luck sorry. (The reason I'm wondering if I can use Python 3.7.x is that I wanted to give Spleeter a go and it seems to like Python versions 3.7.x).

Thanks for any guidance.

#222 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,201 posts

Posted February 19, 2020 - 12:24 AM

The reaper tools requires python 2.7.x 32bit.

#223 Binty

Binty
  • 12 posts

Posted February 19, 2020 - 12:46 AM

Asked and answered. Thanks for that.

#224 LordMiyagi

LordMiyagi
  • 15 posts

Posted April 29, 2020 - 05:44 PM

Hi everyone, as a fan of RBN, RB3/4, i had recently got curious on making a chart. I have been reading alot of how to chart already made processing song (beginning guide). There are lots online, old and recent discussion, so many forums and many outdated things. Its already tedious, at times i want to give up, but i am not a quitter. I will keep reading and putting things together (data) so i can update forums like this and others. So new comers can find things feasible to start off from, and be part of creativeness. 

#225 rubydanger

rubydanger
  • 201 posts

Posted April 29, 2020 - 06:11 PM

There is no doubt some of the material is a bit dated, but trust me when I say, everything you need is indeed here.  I started authoring in December, and like you, it was a rough road at first.  Came close a few times to saying screw it, but kept with it and now have a real good understanding of it all.  I can even solve most of my own problems now  :bang:

Proud member of SomeOldGuys collab group - see our WIP here

Video on how I tempo map

Beginners Vocal charting video

#226 cleverest

cleverest
  • 141 posts

Posted July 9, 2020 - 05:52 AM

*NEVERMIND (this comment was deleted), not sure how to delete this post

#227 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 236 posts

Posted July 17, 2020 - 04:18 AM

There is no doubt some of the material is a bit dated, but trust me when I say, everything you need is indeed here.  I started authoring in December, and like you, it was a rough road at first.  Came close a few times to saying screw it, but kept with it and now have a real good understanding of it all.  I can even solve most of my own problems now  :bang:

just curious if there is tutorials on exporting from reaper for magma? i've been reading the pdf and it just says you need wav files that are 44khz etc but haven't found anything showing you how to go about that stuff... never touched reaper before yesterday i'm in the export menu now but it's a bit much atm

#228 rubydanger

rubydanger
  • 201 posts

Posted July 17, 2020 - 04:30 AM

I pmed you - but the export function in Reaper is simply to create the .mid file

You will need to render your audio to create the music file (Reaper - file - render)

j7r05msj22n07n3zg.jpg

These are my render settings - others might be different.

This will create the wave file used as your backing track

When rendering - mute everything except your main audio and the count in (unless you are using stems which I would advise against until you are more comfortable)

And yes that is a sneak peak of my next release  :D

Proud member of SomeOldGuys collab group - see our WIP here

Video on how I tempo map

Beginners Vocal charting video

#229 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 236 posts

Posted July 17, 2020 - 05:42 PM

thanks 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users