C3 Forums

LIST OF ALL AUTHORING STUFF (REAPER, Magma, tutorials, etc.)

Official Docs + Other Tools

REAPER (audio workstation for creating RB MIDI files)

Magma (creates playable song packages from your MIDI file)

Tutorials and How-Tos

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Official Docs + Other Tools Official RBN docs (READ THESE): http://docs.c3universe.com/rbndocs CARV (automatic chart validation script) CAT (C3 Automation Tools) C3 CON Tools REAPER (audio workstation

hey guys there are a couple broken links in the op, like oxandroll and evilcornbread said, specifically:   im trying to follow the tutorial and cant seem to find the custom rb3 template so im assuming

No, all the tools are tailored to work on REAPER 4.22 32bit so I suggest you stick with that version for simplicity's sake.

I appreciate the upload. I've been able to start making customs thanks to this. I'd just like to point out that the most of the text events needed are missing from the template (like the drum start and song end events). Oddly enough the start ones are there.

If 4shared is an issue owing to the need for an account, consider using one of the accounts off bugmenot.

Ah, that helped with the one issue, thanks! ;)

Other issues were various ad-blockers, tracker-cookie busters, cross-domain security, and NoScript settings. Whew! :P All set now!

New to Reaper. When I try to load the project template linked in the OP, I get this message:

What should I be doing here? I assume there are some additional files I should get, and I'd put those in an "RBN" folder before proceeding?

I'm also having trouble understanding this part listed in the instructions:

Also included are note name files (BASS note names.txt, etc). These can be useful when importing bare MIDI files. Right-click in REAPER's MIDI editor, and select File / Load note names from file.
I think I've gotten into the MIDI editor (I dragged a MIDI file onto Reaper and it opened a bunch of tracks), but when I right-click I'm not seeing a "File " menu.
New to Reaper. When I try to load the project template linked in the OP, I get this message:

What should I be doing here? I assume there are some additional files I should get, and I'd put those in an "RBN" folder before proceeding?

Hmm hadn't thought of that - it's just the count-in sound (1, 2, 1-2-3-4). In this case, just a drum stick on the rim. You can replace it with any old sound (hihat, stick, pasta on wall, etc).

I'm also having trouble understanding this part listed in the instructions:
Also included are note name files (BASS note names.txt, etc). These can be useful when importing bare MIDI files. Right-click in REAPER's MIDI editor, and select File / Load note names from file.
I think I've gotten into the MIDI editor (I dragged a MIDI file onto Reaper and it opened a bunch of tracks), but when I right-click I'm not seeing a "File " menu.

You have to right-click the right spot - in the MIDI editor window, above the notes (where the measure numbers are, I think).

You have to right-click the right spot - in the MIDI editor window, above the notes (where the measure numbers are, I think).

You can also right-click the "Text Events" dropdown for the same menu. REAPER is weird.

Cleaned up the OP and added the current Magma link.

After changing one of the MIDI tracks, should I be using the "Export Project MIDI" command to save it? I've done that and then used Le Fluffie to rebuild a package with the modified .mid, but the resultant file shows up as corrupt in the Xbox dashboard. Not sure if I'm saving incorrectly or doing something else wrong in the process.

EDIT: Apparently my problems were related to an issue in Le Fluffie, and not Reaper itself. I updated Le Fluffie and the stuff I was trying before works fine now.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the tools link in the OP is truncated at the ...

edit: Holy crap that loop mode is INSANELY useful for charting vocals. Great tutorial!

Though one thing I had to figure out -- make sure that your Default Action under Options -> Preferences-> Editing Behavior -> Mouse Modifiers (with "Edit cursor handle" selected in the dropdown) is set to "Jog audio (looped-segment mode)". Mine was set to just Jog Audio so the looping wasn't working.

hey guys there are a couple broken links in the op, like oxandroll and evilcornbread said, specifically:

Other resources: http://www.keepitfishy.com/customscreat ... mTools.zip (includes RBN template, MIDI note names, reductions rules, and other stuff; see instructions.html inside the zip for more info)

Magma v2 (create RBA packages from MIDIs)

im trying to follow the tutorial and cant seem to find the custom rb3 template so im assuming its in that other resources .zip with the broken link. can yall fix the link or point us towards another mirror?

• 2 months later...

Appears this message to me!

The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired.

Track 1: VSTi: RBN Preview (RBN)

Track 6: VSTi: RBN Preview (RBN)

Track 8: VSTi: RBN Preview (RBN)

Track 17: VSTi: RBN Preview (RBN)

The following effects were in the project file and are not available. REAPER will keep their configurations, but things may not sound as desired.

Download and use the 32 bit version of Reaper.

• 2 weeks later...

Download and use the 32 bit version of Reaper.

Thank you! This solved the problem!

Before you start mapping the music in reaper, need to configure something?

I'm trying to map something to the drums and vocals! :haw: