C3 Forums

To mark the amazing ten year anniversary of our favourite game, I’ll be releasing five new bangers over five days. Here are a few extra clues with a week to go:

Monday 26th October 2020

To mark the 10th anniversary of the North American release; a track from one of North America’s biggest rock bands that is still a huge hit across the pond here in the UK but strangely doesn’t appear to have been mentioned in the forums before. A definite party favourite. From the days without the make-up...

Tuesday 27th October 2020

A one-hit-wonder that has not only been previously requested a number of times on the boards here over the years, but whose title is particularly apt. Another party favourite. You’ll find it hidden in the Source Code and alarmingly on the Moon.

Wednesday 28th October 2020

To mark the anniversary of the Australian release; a special track that includes one of Australia’s biggest-ever bands and a nod to past Rock Band games in the series. You may not even have heard this one before, but hopefully you’ll want to Go Home and try it.

Thursday 29th October 2020

To mark the anniversary of the European release; a collaborative effort from two European nations that has over the years become a firm Christmas favourite and whose title is again particularly apt. Say Anything but no-where in this orchestral December release do they even mention Christmas!

Friday 30th October 2020

Another unique track that again salutes past Rock Band games in the series. For this one you’ll just need a little reimagination...

All the tracks feature guitar, bass, vocals, harmonies (where available), pro drums, and for the first time for me - drum animations. I hope you enjoy them - I’ve been working on them for about 20-30 hours a week in my free time over the past 4-5 weeks and I’m still working hard to polish them as much as I can for release next week :) I hope I’ve done them justice. Feel free to guess what these tracks might be if you want to, but I won’t confirm until they’re up for download 😛

If anyone wants to check what the tracks are should you be considering authoring something that sounds similar, just drop me a message to check.

Edited by UltimatePowerBallads
Extra clues added 😜
31 minutes ago, UltimatePowerBallads said:

If anyone wants to check what the tracks are should you be considering authoring something that sounds similar, just drop me a message to check.

Were you sure you poked around he WIP forum and checked if anyone else was doing your selections either? Granted the hints are somewhat vague so maybe there's no conflict, but it would be painful to have dived headfirst into something

13 minutes ago, nsw1-6 said:

Were you sure you poked around he WIP forum and checked if anyone else was doing your selections either? Granted the hints are somewhat vague so maybe there's no conflict, but it would be painful to have dived headfirst into something

I did as much research as possible and even privately messaged people yes. None of the above songs were on anybody’s current WIP lists.

On 10/12/2020 at 10:59 AM, UltimatePowerBallads said:

You can go right ahead old chap - knock yourself out - but I’m keeping it 🤐! 😜

Yeah, ignore my previous comment; I clearly didn't read the whole thing LOL.

October 26th - Shut Up and Dance by Aerosmith

October 27th - Who Let the Dogs Out? by Baha Men

October 28th - Khe Sanh by Cold Chisel

October 29th - Do They Know It's Christmas by Band Aid IDK honestly

October 30th - Hocus Pocus by Focus

1 hour ago, YoshiIsDaBomb said:

October 29th - Do They Know It's Christmas by Band Aid

I was guessing the same for this one!

For #1 I'd say "Maria" by Blondie and for #3 "Immortality" by the Bee Gees and Celine Dion.

Otherwise "one-hit wonder" and "unique track" are too generic for me to guess anything  :)

1 hour ago, Shroud said:

I was guessing the same for this one!

For #1 I'd say "Maria" by Blondie and for #3 "Immortality" by the Bee Gees and Celine Dion.

Otherwise "one-hit wonder" and "unique track" are too generic for me to guess anything  :)

I’m pretty sure Band Aid has already been made by someone? And as for Blondie - Maria, that IS a banger, and I genuinely considered that one. I’ll give another clue to each next week for those that are interested. The unique tracks are admittedly almost impossible to guess but should be a lot of fun to play...

1 minute ago, UltimatePowerBallads said:

I’m pretty sure Band Aid has already been made by someone? And as for Blondie - Maria, that IS a banger, and I genuinely considered that one. I’ll give another clue to each next week for those that are interested. The unique tracks are admittedly almost impossible to guess but should be a lot of fun to play...

Re-checked the customs on the C3 control panel and yes.

Someone has already made Do They Know It's Christmas...I thought I was gonna get one right LOL 😭

4 hours ago, UltimatePowerBallads said:

I did as much research as possible and even privately messaged people yes. None of the above songs were on anybody’s current WIP lists.

WIP lists are only good for telling you what works are currently in progress -- they don't tell you what songs have already been made. Had you checked the database, you would have seen that I did "Do They Know It's Christmas" back in 2016. 

37 minutes ago, mrcoupdetat said:

WIP lists are only good for telling you what works are currently in progress -- they don't tell you what songs have already been made. Had you checked the database, you would have seen that I did "Do They Know It's Christmas" back in 2016. 

TBH, I was the one who suggested "Do They Know It's Christmas?". 

Also, database is dead but someone had a link to the C3 Control Panel that had all of the customs and I found that song so sorry about that 😕

1 minute ago, YoshiIsDaBomb said:

TBH, I was the one who suggested "Do They Know It's Christmas?". 

Also, database is dead but someone had a link to the C3 Control Panel that had all of the customs and I found that song so sorry about that 😕

No worries. I just wanted to drive home the importance of checking both WIP lists AND the database. I realize that the database has been down for a little over a week now, but the author pointed out in a previous comment that he had been working on these new customs for the past three weeks, so it shouldn't have been that hard to confirm that one of them on had already been authored. 

1 hour ago, mrcoupdetat said:

That is always the first place I check. I then check whether Harmonix have made it. Then I check the forums. I can’t do any more than I have. It would also be some coincidence that after so long, someone else suddenly made the same song in the same six week period. If they have, c’est la vie. What more can you do?

15 minutes ago, mrcoupdetat said:

No worries. I just wanted to drive home the importance of checking both WIP lists AND the database. I realize that the database has been down for a little over a week now, but the author pointed out in a previous comment that he had been working on these new customs for the past three weeks, so it shouldn't have been that hard to confirm that one of them on had already been authored. 

Just to be clear; I haven’t made Band Aid and never said I had! 😂 Now we’re talking about it I’m actually certain I enjoyed playing your custom version of it during December a couple of years back. I’ll definitely get that out again this Christmas because it’s a great song and it’ll bring some much needed cheer 😊

58 minutes ago, UltimatePowerBallads said:

Just to be clear; I haven’t made Band Aid and never said I had! 😂 Now we’re talking about it I’m actually certain I enjoyed playing your custom version of it during December a couple of years back. I’ll definitely get that out again this Christmas because it’s a great song and it’ll bring some much needed cheer 😊

Okay, I'm very confused. I got the impression from the discussions above that "Do They Know It's Christmas?" will be released on October 29th. If that's not the case, then please accept my apologies.

7 minutes ago, mrcoupdetat said:

Okay, I'm very confused. I got the impression from the discussions above that "Do They Know It's Christmas?" will be released on October 29th. If that's not the case, then please accept my apologies.

That post was actually just random guesses I made for what's to come.

PowerBallads said we could make guesses and so I did. I should've looked at the "database" before making my predictions whoops.