Wii Rock Band 3 .bin file help.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 RainBowSwift

RainBowSwift
  • 16 posts

Posted September 15, 2020 - 09:24 PM

Hey so I have a question about RB3 Wii custom songs. I know how to make them and get them working in the game. My question is about the command program that makes the .app & .bin files. After 255 it stops making .bin files and only makes .app files. Am I doing something wrong? Why after 255 it stops creating the .bin files. Can someone help me?

#2 JustMyselfAndI

JustMyselfAndI
  • 65 posts

Posted September 15, 2020 - 09:53 PM

Could be a couple of things:

- Make sure the generation is correct and file number matches in the songs.dta file

- Sometimes if a file name is too long, the program will have problems creating bins; try shortening it 

- Check that the meta and song folders have the same names and correct dec/hex numbers 

If all else fails, packing the problem folder on its own or even rebuilding the song/meta folders usually helps. 

#3 RainBowSwift

RainBowSwift
  • 16 posts

Posted September 15, 2020 - 10:12 PM

All of this is correct and it still stops at 255. Now I've encountered a new problem it's only making .app files. Did I mess something up as to why it's now no longer making .bin files Edit: I fixed the new problem it's making the .bin files now. 

Could be a couple of things:

- Make sure the generation is correct and file number matches in the songs.dta file

- Sometimes if a file name is too long, the program will have problems creating bins; try shortening it 

- Check that the meta and song folders have the same names and correct dec/hex numbers 

If all else fails, packing the problem folder on its own or even rebuilding the song/meta folders usually helps. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users