Song request David Bowie!

bowie request five years

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 RoosterRat

RoosterRat
  • 1 posts

Posted July 30, 2020 - 06:47 AM

Hey guys, Im brand new to the forum and absolutely loving it. Please forgive me if im posting in the completely wrong place, however I cant find exactly where to make requests. Would someone be able to do "Five Years" by David Bowie, but the live version off the stage album from 1978. Much appreciated, thank you :-)

https://www.youtube....h?v=XOWEmO9Hb6c

#2 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 382 posts

Posted July 30, 2020 - 07:51 AM

I already did the studio version (with MrPrezident on vocals), which is an amazing song IMO. I love Bowie, but honestly I'd rather do songs that we don't have yet rather than different versions of stuff we have.

Yaniv's Workshop - including all my work (hopefully) neatly organized

Spotify Playlist of all my releases

Notable Projects:

Bruce Springsteen Project - 11 classics from the Boss!

Journey Through the Past: A Neil Young 8-pack!

The National Homecoming Festival! Huge project featuring LOADS of tracks from the National, plus a bunch of openers!

11 Songs of Love... and One Song of Disappointment! Featuring Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M, Mac DeMarco and more!

Primavera Sound project: Day One, Day Two. Featuring The Cure, Talking Heads, Pavement and more!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

Hit me up if you wanna collab on any of those!

#3 Dangus

Dangus
  • 550 posts

Posted July 31, 2020 - 03:32 AM

Agree with Yaniv . With that said, I love My death off one of his live albums. Its depressing, especially now , for us major Bowie fans but Id be a great haunting song to play along to. (I cant recall it having a studio version)

#4 rubydanger

rubydanger
  • 198 posts

Posted July 31, 2020 - 06:06 AM

We have The Width of a Circle on our WIP  :D

Proud member of SomeOldGuys collab group - see our WIP here

Video on how I tempo map

Beginners Vocal charting video

#5 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 1,106 posts

Posted July 31, 2020 - 02:40 PM

With so many great songs left uncharted, it would be more likely that we pick up with those.  

However, if you ever decide to learn how to author, you could very easily use yaniv's version as a guide to finish the live one.

FORUM THREAD  /  MY CUSTOMS -  featuring all the best animal customs:  A Flock of Seagulls, Eagles of Death Metal, Sheepdogs, Turtles, Mouse Rat and Wolfmother.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bowie, request, five years

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users