Jazz/jazz fusion songs?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 pringusfrango

pringusfrango
  • 2 posts

Posted July 7, 2020 - 05:52 AM

I've come to really love playing jazzy drum tracks. I have virtually all of AJFOne23's jazz tracks, the Nova Collective album, and a few others here and there, but I've been playing the same bunch over and over.

Assuming I haven't already exhausted the list, are there any places that have a more comprehensive list? Or any examples off the top of anyone's heads?

Thanks a bunch either way.

#2 mrcoupdetat

mrcoupdetat
  • 177 posts

Posted July 7, 2020 - 10:20 PM

http://customscreato...l??&authID=6602

#3 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,267 posts

Posted July 7, 2020 - 11:00 PM

I've come to really love playing jazzy drum tracks. I have virtually all of AJFOne23's jazz tracks, the Nova Collective album, and a few others here and there, but I've been playing the same bunch over and over.

Assuming I haven't already exhausted the list, are there any places that have a more comprehensive list? Or any examples off the top of anyone's heads?

Thanks a bunch either way.

I've got more coming. They just take so damn long to do!

#4 pringusfrango

pringusfrango
  • 2 posts

Posted July 8, 2020 - 04:46 AM

I can only imagine how long it takes to do these kinds of songs, especially when you have so many other WIPs in queue. That's exciting to hear though! I love your transcriptions, I'll keep updated through your thread.

& thanks mrcoupdetat! I realized I do have most of onyxite's already too, but there's a few I missed that I just jumped on. I get a lot of use out of a single song, so any new finds go a long way.

#5 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,267 posts

Posted July 8, 2020 - 05:56 AM

I can only imagine how long it takes to do these kinds of songs, especially when you have so many other WIPs in queue. That's exciting to hear though! I love your transcriptions, I'll keep updated through your thread.

& thanks mrcoupdetat! I realized I do have most of onyxite's already too, but there's a few I missed that I just jumped on. I get a lot of use out of a single song, so any new finds go a long way.

and just in case you aren't aware there are many fusion esque Zappa songs in the database so if you haven't take a look. Start with Inca Roads :)

#6 tonedef

tonedef
  • 15 posts

Posted July 17, 2020 - 01:02 PM

Any recommendations for some fun jazz songs? Maybe something not too difficult to ease me into it! Thanks.

#7 Shroud

Shroud
  • 507 posts

Posted July 17, 2020 - 04:23 PM

Any recommendations for some fun jazz songs? Maybe something not too difficult to ease me into it! Thanks.

Dave Brubeck - Take Five is awesome.

#8 tonedef

tonedef
  • 15 posts

Posted July 18, 2020 - 12:33 PM

Actually already have that one! Old man is a Brubeck fan. Great recommendation though! 👍

#9 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,267 posts

Posted July 18, 2020 - 07:31 PM

I'm not much of an simple jazz charter but one example I can think of is my Fiona Apple cover of a jazz standard:

http://customscreato...-to-love-r22997

#10 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 355 posts

Posted July 20, 2020 - 03:38 AM

I have a boatload of fusion (and some jazz) being worked on, but as AJF said, they take time to do. I try to get songs completed as much as possible and as a result they take longer.

#11 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,267 posts

Posted August 6, 2020 - 06:31 AM

LATEST UPDATE 8/6 - Chick Corea vs. Steve Vai - The Rumble

CMLwsra.jpg

Video Preview

GUITAR: Fabysk

KEYSEmotionalFlight

The concept was to bring together two bands in a dueling musical atmosphere. In the film "Westside Story", "Rumble" is sort of the do-or-die dance that takes place between the Jets and the Sharks. The arrangement was done so 2 bands would face each other. The bands were Chick Corea's Elektric Band (Chick Corea - keyboards, Dave Weckl - drums, Frank Gambale - guitar, Jimmy Earl - bass, Eric Marienthal - saxophone) vs. Steve Vai's Monsters (Steve Vai - guitar, Simon Phillips - drums, John Pena - bass, David Paich - keyboards, Lenny Castro - percussion.)

Thanks to MrBurpler for the video preview and drum review!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users