(scottish voice) The manual is utter 'shite.
There, said it.
So, fellow band'ers need help. Was playing Road Challenges (2 mics. nothing else), and after the 1st leg of the journey (100 on stars/spades on hard), just 0 spades for the rest of it. So, would greatly appreciate a breakdown on what some of those fucking descriptions mean, cause whomever wrote it can lick my hot, sweaty, post-workout balls.
* "Overdrive Overdose." Earn your bonus by deploying Overdrive as many times as possible. It doesn't matter how long each Overdrive deployment lasts - the greater the number of Overdrive deployments, the larger the bonus.
Got this down, pretty easy. *for those who have trouble on activating overdrive (why the fuck they didn't allow you to hit the select button for 1st player, and the left trigger for player 2 - think shit thru yo), we've found that a long note at the start of the overdrive or leading up to the end works best. the "shout, or loud noise" advised in the manual is utter horseshit, and I have never gotten to work even with xbox and a ps3 setup with RB3/RB4 mics and sure m58's with USB leads.
* "Streakmania." Build your bonus with each streak of notes (or vocal phrases) achieved by any member of your band. Consecutive streaks grow the bonus at an even faster rate.What the fuck does this even mean? We were killing it on notes and got nothing. Also, nothing question that the manual (and looked up on web), What's up with the yellow lined blue notes
* "Share the Spotlight." Band members take turns performing "in the spotlight." When you're in the spotlight, you're under pressure to achieve a note (or vocal phrase) streak. Doing so hands off the spotlight to another band member. Your bonus grows with each successful hand-off. 2 mics, how the hell is this going to work out, and "spotlight" nothing was different. Even tried to switch mics back and forth, tried to share the 1st mic. Nothing. GF and I had our 1st almost huge blowout over this, and we haven't had any argument in over 2 years not since we just decided to get our own pizza pies.
* "All for One." If all band members play with high accuracy within a song section, your bonus increases. But if even one member fails to make the cut, then no bonus is gained - you'll have to try again in the next song section. Had at lowest %95 on stars and didn't get this how is that even possible?
* "Overdrive Streak." Here, you're rewarded for using Overdrive without breaking streak. The more notes (or vocal phrases) you can streak while deploying Overdrive, the bigger the bonus. So you want large multipliers? Hold on to your overdrive, and then unleash at a wordy part to put it into plain english.
* "Overdrive Chain." This one's about deploying Overdrive for as long a time as possible. Band members can extend their Overdrive time by "chaining together" deployments - so long as one or more players is deploying, the chain continues to build. Longer chains translate to bigger bonuses, so coordinate with your band to time your deployments appropriately. Impossible with mics, it will go off just by signing parts. Anyone have a work around?
So,,.yea if I come of grumpy, there is nothing that pisses me off more than products, that I pay money for (and you should also) that have problems. Problems that are evident after only a day of use, things that either somoen hmade the decision to ignore or the fact is that it is ignorance and stu[idity, oh which I have to say willful neglect is the worse, but not by much. Also, 2 mics plugged and it reads it as 3? You can't even plug in 3 the USB hub trick does not work, so how is that possible. So, if anyone could share tips on some of this stuff that would be super, only found a couple of other sites and it's only review stuff when the game came out.
Since I'm in bitch mode, why wasn't the Kinect designed for apartments? The wide angle lens adaptor is a total POS and takes the resolution down by at least 40% And without it standing the recommended 6-10ft away you are right there at the fucking screen, for any game, and even more with a friend. You have a 100% chance for knocking your friends teeth out. Why the hell didn't they just do 2 equivalent 14mm lens at a fixed length, and let the processor do all the legwork, you could immediately bump up the low light response (just like any fixed lens compared to any zoom for any camera). Like, What. 'Da. Fuck? And on top of it, I am never, ever going to play any stupid game with the Oculus, why? Because they are never, ever going to put leg sensors on it, so 0 total body experience. And, even then, moving around, and cleaning enough space to dance, who has 12 square? Person please I, just like 85% of the world, lives in a population dense environment, and just like that (since we are in a fantasy word now), it means the yoga fad is a dream. Not a reality. And, reality does not go outside, inside we fantsy to our hearts content...unless we are politicians, cause those fuckers live on not on planet earth. And, if I am going to fantasy land then I'm doing it Inside my comfy home, and doing that in proper attire, and even then, it is not going to happen cause if! If. I am going to play make believe I'm going to do it proper. Butt-ass 'nake'd so that the true majesty of my flab, and make-believe-cool-ass cape can be witnessed by my loyal subjects. My1 fucking mint plant that is on the road to recovery after the decimation by the Mojitonites, on the season of the summer heat many were sacrificed, and much refreshment was needed then I'll tell you what.
And even then, driniked up, in my emperors clothes, in my happy home cocoon, I still am not going to do, it cause you need tons of space, that you can't get in 90% of where 85% of the population lives. And that is why the Kinect failed.