Playing Rock Band 4 XBOX ONE with my Alesis Strike Kit, any options yet?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cleverest

cleverest
  • 142 posts

Posted July 4, 2020 - 04:20 AM

I've been out of the scene for awhile...

Any way to do this yet? I know the lack of adapter was killing this before...any progress? I hope...

- Brett

#2 chaosjaye

chaosjaye
  • 218 posts

Posted July 4, 2020 - 11:01 AM

nope and years later adapters cost 100s now

#3 jerrylive365

jerrylive365
  • 156 posts

Posted July 4, 2020 - 04:14 PM

Unless you can find a PDP Wired adapter you are out of luck. Not to mention you'll need a Midi Pro Adapter as well, but those are easier to find.

#4 cleverest

cleverest
  • 142 posts

Posted July 6, 2020 - 02:27 AM

That sucks....I do have Midi Pro, in fact I have two just in case, but can't find a PDP to save my life....really a missed market there for that...

#5 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 1,033 posts

Posted July 7, 2020 - 05:25 AM

I've yet to try this myself, but if you have the Mad Catz wireless adapter, you can turn a GH drum controller into a poor man's MPA.  The best one to use would be the GH5/BH controller, since you can use the drum brain and its MIDI ports separately from the rest of the controller.  The obvious catch is this won't let you play pro drums, since you won't have enough pads and cymbals.

#6 cleverest

cleverest
  • 142 posts

Posted July 9, 2020 - 04:19 AM

I've yet to try this myself, but if you have the Mad Catz wireless adapter, you can turn a GH drum controller into a poor man's MPA.  The best one to use would be the GH5/BH controller, since you can use the drum brain and its MIDI ports separately from the rest of the controller.  The obvious catch is this won't let you play pro drums, since you won't have enough pads and cymbals.

Thanks, I've heard that before, but since I have a Strike Kit, I'm dead-set on using Pro only. I guess I have to wait... :-(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users