kyrosa WIP Thread (Current: Man With A Mission - Raise Your Flag)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kyrosa

kyrosa
  • 2 posts

Posted July 1, 2020 - 01:22 AM

Hey folks, new-ish charter here. Hoping to get some feedback on my charts before releasing them. I generally try to get them in pretty good shape before adding them here, so they should be mostly playable (in theory, at least.)

Currently, I think I need the most help charting drums, so any advice there would be greatly appreciated. I'm truly terrible at playing RB drums (eternal medium player here), so charting them just doesn't feel natural to me.

What to expect from me here:

Gundam music (I'm hoping to get enough songs charted to release a small pack relatively soon)

General J-Rock/J-Pop songs

Video Game Soundtracks

Alt/Indie Stuff

All Instruments when reasonable (i.e. no keys if it's just a short, uninteresting part, etc.)

What to look elsewhere for:

Metal (Love to listen to it, can't stand to play/chart it in RB. Sorry.)

Progressive anything (See above)

Pro Guitar/Bass (I don't have the controller and it doesn't really interest me)

If that's your bag and if you'd be able to give any advice, I'm very open to any suggestions. Cheers!

Current Focus/Looking for feedback:

Released WIPs Here:

https://drive.google...BwQ?usp=sharing

Man With A Mission - Raise Your Flag (Gundam Iron-Blooded Orphans OP 1)

(All Instruments except keys, All difficulties, Pitched vocals)

I've redone the drums a few times now and I'm mostly happy with them, but I'm not good enough to actually play them myself on higher difficulties. It does this swing rhythm thing that moves between the kick, snares, and hats throughout that messes me up a lot when charting. Also, a few drum fills aren't completely filled out. Again, any feedback there is welcome.

Tacica - LEO (Haikyu! ED 2)

I'm currently thinking about redoing the tempo map since something seems off, especially on the long repeated chord sections. (Updated 7/1) New tempo map, things feel much better for me on all instruments.

Hozier - Jackie & Wilson

Everything should more-or-less be fine here before I submit it, but it would be nice if I anyone would give it a go before I do. My main concern would be the vocal charts since the sung rhythms are really loose and hard to place. Otherwise, it's a pretty simple song on all difficulties.

Other WIPs/Future Songs (Not looking for feedback ATM)

Gundam Songs:

• TM Network - Beyond the Time
  • Tomohisa Kawazoe - Stand up to the Victory
  • The Brilliant Green - Ash Like Snow

Other Anime/J-Rock/J-Pop:

• Rookiez is Punk'd - Realize
  • Nico Touches the Wall - Tenchi Gaeshi
  • Nico Touches the Wall - Mashi Mashi
  • Rie Fu - For You
  • Deco*27 - RT

Alt. & Indie Rock:

• Stand of Oaks - Shut In
  • GRiZ - Can't Hold Me Down
  • Bad Astronaut - Autocare

#2 aothqu

aothqu
  • 2 posts

Posted July 1, 2020 - 04:11 PM

My wife will be happy to hear about the Hozier song. Looking forward to it, and thanks!

#3 kyrosa

kyrosa
  • 2 posts

Posted July 2, 2020 - 04:37 AM

My wife will be happy to hear about the Hozier song. Looking forward to it, and thanks!

I've added where I'm at with that one to my Drive; give it a try if you like. Hope both of you enjoy it! Thanks for words of the support!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users