Looking for a fast Vocal Author to Chart a Custom WIP

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest
  • 18 posts

Posted June 18, 2020 - 08:57 PM

I'm looking for someone who can Author Vocals fast for a Custom WIP, will DM you the info (song's a surprise!  :P )

PS. Custom already has Drums, Bass and Guitar, just need someone who's really good at Vocals Authoring

#2 YoshiIsDaBomb

YoshiIsDaBomb
  • 81 posts

Posted June 18, 2020 - 09:03 PM

I know nothing yet about authoring, but I am curious to get some hints as to what song is being worked on...

#3 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest
  • 18 posts

Posted June 18, 2020 - 09:10 PM

I know nothing yet about authoring, but I am curious to get some hints as to what song is being worked on...

It's about a popular that's less recognized from the other most popular song (ps. this song has nothing to do with blocks)

#4 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 881 posts

Posted June 18, 2020 - 09:31 PM

Good vocals cannot be authored quickly. Good charts take time.

Bad Religion put it best. Quality or quantity, a choice you have to make. In this case, that quantity is the number of hours to produce a good chart.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#5 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest
  • 18 posts

Posted June 18, 2020 - 09:38 PM

Good vocals cannot be authored quickly. Good charts take time.

Bad Religion put it best. Quality or quantity, a choice you have to make. In this case, that quantity is the number of hours to produce a good chart.

ah ok

Question: which settings do you put on your Reapers Audio? I use WASAPI

#6 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 551 posts

Posted June 20, 2020 - 02:39 PM

ah ok

Question: which settings do you put on your Reapers Audio? I use WASAPI

Not sure that has anything to do with your original post, but WASAPI setting works absolutely fine. If you're using an external sound source, you should consider ASIO, but it comes with its share of conflicts with some onboard soundcards. I have an audio interface and use WASAPI to avoid conflicts. This has not impacted my authoring at all.

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE

#7 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest
  • 18 posts

Posted June 20, 2020 - 04:06 PM

Not sure that has anything to do with your original post, but WASAPI setting works absolutely fine. If you're using an external sound source, you should consider ASIO, but it comes with its share of conflicts with some onboard soundcards. I have an audio interface and use WASAPI to avoid conflicts. This has not impacted my authoring at all.

The thing is that whenever I author on Reaper the sound sounds a little bit off sync, so I'm not sure if it's the program or the sound settings, especially when authoring Vocals

#8 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 551 posts

Posted June 20, 2020 - 05:49 PM

The thing is that whenever I author on Reaper the sound sounds a little bit off sync, so I'm not sure if it's the program or the sound settings, especially when authoring Vocals

ah yes. that makes a lot of sense and i've experienced the exact same issues and it did have to do with the device settings. here is an image of my settings in hopes that will help you compare.

device-settings-capture.png

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE

#9 Oktoberfest

Oktoberfest
  • 18 posts

Posted June 22, 2020 - 12:31 AM

ah yes. that makes a lot of sense and i've experienced the exact same issues and it did have to do with the device settings. here is an image of my settings in hopes that will help you compare.

device-settings-capture.png

Yeah it helped a lot, thanks!  :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users