What hardware do you play RB3 on & why?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 469 posts

Posted May 22, 2020 - 12:02 AM

As per the title, what hardware do you play RB3 on & why? For me I play on XBOX 360 & I wouldnt pick any other console tbh. Ive had no luck with PS3, & WII Ive only ever played GHWoR on it. I personally love the hard drive space for X360 & I also love the accessibility of getting the accessories such as Guitars, Pro-Drums & Mics, although Drums are usually very hard to come by as of recently, I only ever find regular stand alone RB Drums without Pro attachments. Though I enjoy WII for the titles it offers & PS3 for graphics & controller, but after switching to PS4 is probably a big reason why I havent switched to RB4, I tried but having to rebuy all DLC Ive already bought is a real shame. Good thing I have several back up X360 hard drives with music on them.

#2 chaosjaye

chaosjaye
  • 190 posts

Posted May 22, 2020 - 12:52 AM

xbox 360..ps3 has too many limits etc.wii i always found to be a pos machine to begin with.

ps3 was such a bad machine its the reason i went full xbox to this day.

#3 jerrylive365

jerrylive365
  • 115 posts

Posted May 23, 2020 - 06:40 PM

Xbox 360. I was on WII for Rock Band 1, 2, and 3 but wanted to play Rock Band 4 so I had to get a new console in order to do so. When I learned that the DLC was console specific I decided that I would be Xbox for the foreseeable future. This way I can keep adding to my collection of songs through the Rock Band series instead of starting over every time when switching consoles. Not to mention I am a PC guy so it just made sense to keep everything within the Microsoft family. I re-bought RB3 to add those songs to my account and use them in RB4. Realizing I wanted to do customs as well, I purchased an Xbox 360 and the rest is history =)

Other hardware is......Alesis Command drum kit with midi pro adapter and all guitars modified with custom strum bars.

#4 PikedPike

PikedPike
  • 35 posts

Posted May 24, 2020 - 03:16 AM

PS3, never owned an Xbox, but you are also about to play online very easily with it. The only limits are a couple songs that people didn't chose the correct audio settings for, most have been fixed, but there is a few that are just kaputt forever. Also helps that i have the really early version of PS3 that makes hacking it way easier.

I beat Roundabout on Keyboard Once, that means I am good right?
Also if you pro keys 2 hands, you a cheater, just saying.

#5 rubydanger

rubydanger
  • 164 posts

Posted May 24, 2020 - 05:51 AM

I've always been on a JTAG Xbox360, I even bought a spare in case this one dies.  2TB external harddrive storing all games and database.  I simply FTP into my console to upload new customs.

I have some self modded guitars I play on - things like auto whammy, overdrive activation button, wired all my fret buttons individually, things like that.  In the process of building a real hard wood guitar to play on.

Oh and I can't do without my 81 inch TV to play on in the Mancave!!

Want to help with a collaboration??

Check the Collaborators Help Wanted page HERE

Video on how I tempo map

Beginners Vocal charting video

#6 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 983 posts

Posted May 27, 2020 - 05:27 AM

XBox 360.  It's where I started with Rock Band, so naturally it's where I started with customs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users