XBOX360 RB3 Pro Drums recomendations

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#41 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 69 posts

Posted June 26, 2020 - 04:36 PM

A quick follow up in case someone in need stumbles upon this...

My Alesis DM6 module did not have midi out, and I wanted to get away from using a laptop, so I found a Nitro module on Ebay.  Turns out there is much to know about compatibility between the modules, the cabling, and the pads.  So...lesson learned for me :(

- I received the Alesis Surge Mesh over the weekend.  As my drumming experience was only through Rock Band, I am surprised as to how much nicer the mesh pads are over the rubber pads.  This is fun...

#42 DjKniteX

DjKniteX
  • 6 posts

Posted July 21, 2020 - 10:13 PM

you could probably find a used Yamaha dtxplorer kit for cheap. baffles the mind why anyone bought the ion drum set when you could get one of these cheap....

has all the midi notes for proper colours etc. this kit just isn't programmable.

I'm new to all of this but you can use actual electronic drum kits to play RB3? (X360 for me) if so, how's that possible? I owned an electronic drum kit a long time ago but I don't remember it having a USB cable

#43 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,226 posts

Posted July 22, 2020 - 07:15 PM

I'm new to all of this but you can use actual electronic drum kits to play RB3? (X360 for me) if so, how's that possible? I owned an electronic drum kit a long time ago but I don't remember it having a USB cable

You need a MIDI out, not USB, and you also need the MPA (MIDI Pro Adapter).

#44 DjKniteX

DjKniteX
  • 6 posts

Posted July 23, 2020 - 08:08 PM

You need a MIDI out, not USB, and you also need the MPA (MIDI Pro Adapter).

That is dope; I will have to look into that

#45 cleverest

cleverest
  • 272 posts

Posted August 1, 2020 - 07:51 AM

Printed colored cymbal knobs and Tom cap covers

dkxzz2tc7jc9rs6zg.jpg

deifoldjj1kcwdlzg.jpg

jhq6snrsbudfvk1zg.jpg

How much do I have to pay you for a set of those colored cymbal twist toppers, shipped to me in CO? That's great...been wondering how I can color code my Strike set while playing Rock Band...wife has been playing and trying to learn drums a bit and it confuses the heck out of her having no colors on theme. I would actually want x2 blue ones though cause I have another smaller "blue" cymbal near by hi-hat for the annoying "open-hi-hat" strikes.

#46 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 69 posts

Posted August 2, 2020 - 10:21 PM

I liked rudydangers work as well.  I bought this neon gaffers' tape on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They give you plenty and it seems to work out well and with a black light.  The picture does not do it justice.sn1FOS6.jpgk10ldhC.jpg

#47 cleverest

cleverest
  • 272 posts

Posted August 14, 2020 - 08:08 PM

I bought the colored tape...mostly to help my wife, who play's on my Strike kit on medium for most songs, but I can't find any colored cymbal toppers or anyone willing to sell them.

#48 cleverest

cleverest
  • 272 posts

Posted August 14, 2020 - 08:26 PM

440dnpp2y7r189dzg.jpg

5zw1ml1taevlkvjzg.jpg

I need red instead of pink for the snare; pink was all I had in a bundle...my Splash cymbal (spare hi-hat top I had) in the middle is also blue to help those annoying open-hi hat notes.

#49 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 1,064 posts

Posted August 16, 2020 - 02:35 PM

The forums aren't too kind about attaching images to forum posts, probably due to a strict amount of space allowed by the server.  Instead you can host your pictures anywhere that allows public hot-linking (Imgur, for example), and then use the forum's Image tool (the icon that looks like an old Polaroid picture) to embed those pictures in your post.

Pic is related, yet unrelated.

Dk08RYb.jpeg

#50 cleverest

cleverest
  • 272 posts

Posted August 16, 2020 - 05:34 PM

I tried this with MediaFire and used the icon and it told me I was not allowed...the post above mine did the same thing and it was allowed I guess. I suppose I lack the special mojo on my account and am forced to use links...maybe once I'm special enough I'll be given the rights to do that. :-)

#51 cleverest

cleverest
  • 272 posts

Posted August 16, 2020 - 05:34 PM

Great pic BTW, is that your dog? LOL

#52 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 1,064 posts

Posted August 17, 2020 - 12:37 AM

I think the file name also matters.  If your web link doesn't end in ".gif", ".png", ".jpg" or any other allowed extension, the image will be rejected even if it actually is in one of the allowed formats.  Mediafire likes to be fancy with their web links and add a whole lot of cruft.  Imgur's image links are much cleaner.

And no, not my dog.  That was just the first funny image I found when looking for an example. :)

#53 rubydanger

rubydanger
  • 223 posts

Posted August 17, 2020 - 12:59 AM

440dnpp2y7r189dzg.jpg

For mediafire - you need to open the image, then right click on it - select copy IMG URL and paste that address in the Image selection box

Proud member of SomeOldGuys collab group - see our WIP here

SomeOldGuys Release page here

Video on how I tempo map

Beginners Vocal charting video

#54 cleverest

cleverest
  • 272 posts

Posted August 17, 2020 - 09:13 PM

Thanks RubyDanger and FujiSkunk! I updated my own post.

#55 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 69 posts

Posted August 18, 2020 - 12:56 AM

I bought the colored tape...mostly to help my wife, who play's on my Strike kit on medium for most songs, but I can't find any colored cymbal toppers or anyone willing to sell them.

I used the tape on the cymbal tops also.  I just made a few cuts to make it “form” a little “cleaner”.

#56 cleverest

cleverest
  • 272 posts

Posted August 18, 2020 - 03:29 AM

I used the tape on the cymbal tops also.  I just made a few cuts to make it “form” a little “cleaner”.

Ahhh wow, good job! I thought they were like 3D-Printed actual toppers, haha

#57 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 69 posts

Posted August 18, 2020 - 10:11 AM

Ahhh wow, good job! I thought they were like 3D-Printed actual toppers, haha

Mine are tape - the awesome 3d printed is rubydanger.  One day I might get there...ya gotta have goals.

#58 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 267 posts

Posted August 29, 2020 - 08:10 PM

hey there

is anyone using y-splitters for extra pads with their ekit? 

does it matter what y-splitter you use or yes the quality matter or if they are gold plated etc?

i'm getting less sensitivity out of the pads that are split among a some other weird things...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users