XBOX360 RB3 Pro Drums recomendations

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#41 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 65 posts

Posted June 26, 2020 - 04:36 PM

A quick follow up in case someone in need stumbles upon this...

My Alesis DM6 module did not have midi out, and I wanted to get away from using a laptop, so I found a Nitro module on Ebay.  Turns out there is much to know about compatibility between the modules, the cabling, and the pads.  So...lesson learned for me :(

- I received the Alesis Surge Mesh over the weekend.  As my drumming experience was only through Rock Band, I am surprised as to how much nicer the mesh pads are over the rubber pads.  This is fun...

#42 DjKniteX

DjKniteX
  • 6 posts

Posted July 21, 2020 - 10:13 PM

you could probably find a used Yamaha dtxplorer kit for cheap. baffles the mind why anyone bought the ion drum set when you could get one of these cheap....

has all the midi notes for proper colours etc. this kit just isn't programmable.

I'm new to all of this but you can use actual electronic drum kits to play RB3? (X360 for me) if so, how's that possible? I owned an electronic drum kit a long time ago but I don't remember it having a USB cable

#43 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,201 posts

Posted July 22, 2020 - 07:15 PM

I'm new to all of this but you can use actual electronic drum kits to play RB3? (X360 for me) if so, how's that possible? I owned an electronic drum kit a long time ago but I don't remember it having a USB cable

You need a MIDI out, not USB, and you also need the MPA (MIDI Pro Adapter).

#44 DjKniteX

DjKniteX
  • 6 posts

Posted July 23, 2020 - 08:08 PM

You need a MIDI out, not USB, and you also need the MPA (MIDI Pro Adapter).

That is dope; I will have to look into that

#45 cleverest

cleverest
  • 141 posts

Posted August 1, 2020 - 07:51 AM

Printed colored cymbal knobs and Tom cap covers

dkxzz2tc7jc9rs6zg.jpg

deifoldjj1kcwdlzg.jpg

jhq6snrsbudfvk1zg.jpg

How much do I have to pay you for a set of those colored cymbal twist toppers, shipped to me in CO? That's great...been wondering how I can color code my Strike set while playing Rock Band...wife has been playing and trying to learn drums a bit and it confuses the heck out of her having no colors on theme. I would actually want x2 blue ones though cause I have another smaller "blue" cymbal near by hi-hat for the annoying "open-hi-hat" strikes.

#46 Kaktusdude

Kaktusdude
  • 65 posts

Posted August 2, 2020 - 10:21 PM

I liked rudydangers work as well.  I bought this neon gaffers' tape on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.c...0?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They give you plenty and it seems to work out well and with a black light.  The picture does not do it justice.sn1FOS6.jpgk10ldhC.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users