In Reaper click Options menu, then preferences.
Scroll down and select ReaScript.
On my setup the Enable checkbox is checked.
Python says: python27.dll is installed.
If I click the .dll path button it enters C:\WINDOWS\system32 in the Custom path to .dll directory box.
Is your setup different in any way from this?
I am using Reaper 4.22 32 bit and Python 2.7 32 bit
Python has an uninstaller so you should be able to uninstall it and start over.
CAT just sits in a folder so it is not installed so you might just want to delete that association in Reaper if you're starting over. Click Actions and then click Show action list. Look for Custom: CAT.py and then delete it.
After that you should have a clean slate to start over.
Other things to bear in mind that can have an impact on CAT working or not (from the CAT user manual):
- Did you install Python correctly? If not, CAT will not load at all
- Are you using Reaper 3.x and Python 2.x? If not, CAT may fail (ask in this thread about options for Reaper 4)
- Does your project have tracks with special characters in their name? If so, CAT will fail
- Did you use the C3 template to create your project? If not, CAT may fail
- Does your project have a tempo map? If not, CAT may fail
- Can you run CARV? If not, you have an issue with Reaper and/or Python, not CAT
- Did the command window close after you launch the command? If so, the command has operated correctly, make sure you understand the advertised effect before submitting a ticket
- Have you downloaded the latest version of CAT?
- Does your Reaper project have a BPM marker at M1.1.00? If not, add one and try again
- Do you have an [end] marker in the EVENTS track and is it in the correct place? If not, commands may fail or work poorly
- Do your project folder or any of your audio tracks have special characters in it? If so, Reaper throws a tantrum, just rename those items
Let us know how you get on! Hopefully this helps.