Hi! Since the world is finally ending, I was curious to know what songs you've been listening to as a way to brighten your day, improve your mood, and/or comfort you. I'm not asking for your favorite songs, per se, although there could be some overlap. I'm asking for songs that, no matter the circumstances surrounding you, do your mental health a service.
I rarely listen to happy, upbeat music, so when I do, I consider it remarkable. Last night, I put some thought into it and compiled an 80 minute digital mixtape on Spotify of songs that even I find hopeful and enjoyable... tunes that always lift my spirits! I even arranged the damn track order, so it sort of flows from one song to the next. Some of the songs are even in Rock Band, be it RBN or customs, and more will be available as customs in the future (be it the specific song or artist). Hopefully somebody finds something comforting among the selections. My brain constantly associates everything with songs, and I'm trying to pay that forward! Here's a handy link to the playlist, and here are the songs and artists:
- Guster - Architects & Engineers
- The Henry Clay People - End of an Empire
- Sam Roberts Band - Where Have All The Good People Gone?
- William Elliott Whitmore- Hard Times
- Cracker - I See The Light
- Noah And The Whale - L.I.F.E.G.O.E.S.O.N.
- Ben Folds Five - Underground
- Damon Albarn - Mr Tembo
- Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - 40 Day Dream
- Gogol Bordello - It IS The Other Side of Rainbow
- Roman Candle - Eden Was a Garden
- Sam Roberts - Without A Map
- White Denim - Let It Feel Good (My Eagles)
- Joel Plaskett Emergency - Extraordinary
- Dawes - Hey Lover
- Arkells - Cynical Bastards
- The Fratellis - Acid Jazz Singer
- Delta Spirit - People, Turn Around!
- Tim Bluhm - Sorta Surviving
- Ike Reilly - The War On The Terror And Drugs
- The Interrupters - On A Turntable
- Boots Electric - Swallowed by the Night
I hope if you're reading this you'll post a song below that contributes to your personal mental well-being, and might do the same for others! (a lot of people responding are apparently not reading this part and just saying what they're listening to in general)