Spanish Castle Magic GH1 Beta had lyrics!

Jimi Hendrix Spanish Castle Magic GH1 Guitar Hero Beta PreRelease

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 481 posts

Posted March 23, 2020 - 03:14 PM

1:40 to 3:05 Spanish Castle Magic is played & can be heard with distinct copycat cover vocals that are trying to mimic Hendrix vocals. The story is that the Hendrix estate or those that own rights to Hendrixs music decided the vocals werent good enough & requested they take them out of the final version. The instrumental does a damn good job of replicating the song to the best of their abilities but I wish they kept the vocals to make the song authentic to the original source. My whole life I went not knowing the official song had vocals, I just thought it were an instrumental piece haha. Speaking of which, theres tons of prerelease & beta content on these games that you can find removed songs or changed songs. Interesting indeed.

#2 The Other Side

The Other Side
  • 144 posts

Posted March 24, 2020 - 05:00 PM

Hendrix's estate was really stingy about the use of his music in games, it's why his DLC packs for World Tour aren't compatible with later games, because they didn't want any avatars other than Hendrix's to play them. Although I'm guessing they mellowed out on that by the time his music hit the Rock Band series.

#3 EuroMIX

EuroMIX
  • 100 posts

Posted March 26, 2020 - 09:43 AM

Yeah, I do wonder what changed the estate's mind there. Maybe Activision didn't push hard enough to get his music without the "his avatar must play it" stipulation, but maybe at the time the estate wouldn't permit that anyway.

I know some artists took some time and effort to convince, and some still haven't been to this day.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Jimi Hendrix, Spanish Castle Magic, GH1, Guitar Hero, Beta, PreRelease

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users