Drummer having fun

setup real drums

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 JCMGraphics

JCMGraphics
  • 2 posts

Posted March 21, 2020 - 08:04 PM

First, thank you to everyone doing this. What an awesome site! I'd love to learn to make my own songs, maybe 1 day I'll understand lol. As a real drummer, I got bored playing on RB drums ( even with the cymbals ). So I took an old kit and went to town with it. Converted it to electronic and used my old electronic cymbals. Right away, it was a lot more fun but being a real drummer, I still struggled with a few notes. The open HH on the ride was messing me up and the yellow as a crash. So I added more to my kit. Added 2 more cymbals for yellow crash and added a ride next to my HH for the open notes and for fun added a rim shot lol.

So now the experience is absolutely amazing. We all play as a group ( drums, guitar, bass, keyboard, singer(s) and this drum kit feels " real ". So thought I'd share. Again, love what everyone is doing here. Let's hope I learn to make songs. dpL7aNt.jpg

#2 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 822 posts

Posted March 22, 2020 - 01:10 AM

I wanna see this in action. Videos, please!

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#3 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 487 posts

Posted March 22, 2020 - 02:24 AM

Love this set up! I'd totally do this given the resources. It looks like it would be a blast. The rim registers on my e-kit without having to separate it so I just play on the rim (stick laid across the snare and all) when the song calls for it (see Natalie Merchant's Wonder for a good rim playing song). And when it clicks along on the kit just like in the song, it's truly magical.

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE

#4 rubydanger

rubydanger
  • 93 posts

Posted March 22, 2020 - 03:17 AM

Awesome job, now we need to get you a decent sized TV  :smug:

Want to help with a collaboration??

Check the Collaborators Help Wanted page HERE

#5 moc_os

moc_os
  • 68 posts

Posted March 22, 2020 - 03:55 AM

where is the cowbell? 

#6 Shroud

Shroud
  • 324 posts

Posted March 22, 2020 - 09:41 AM

First of all, congrats for the great setup!

I just asked about the open hihat in the other thread because I didn't see this one first :) but now I see that you have a small extra "blue" cymbal next to the hihat for that. It's a shame that RB can in fact recognize open hihats but doesn't have an option for triggering blue notes with them, it came so close...

#7 manbeek

manbeek
  • 14 posts

Posted March 24, 2020 - 05:55 PM

I've had the Ion set since they came out and love them, and don't understand how anyone can have fun on the original toy set.  

You must absolutely love combining the real thumping sound with your toms and bass drum.  I'm jealous!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users