The Masters Project: Songs In Rock Band That Haven't Gotten Their Original/Studio Versions Made as a Custom

request original version studio project studio version cover to original live to studio re-recording to original

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 expertwin

expertwin
  • 167 posts

Posted February 11, 2020 - 01:28 PM

Can we list cases where a cover/re-recording/live version is the only version released as a C3 custom?

Examples:

KISS - Shout It Out Loud (GH5 re-recording)

Reel Big Fish - Beer

#22 Vinny Reed

Vinny Reed
  • 134 posts

Posted February 11, 2020 - 06:50 PM

Thanks for telling about Summertime Blues. I also found out Young Man Blues does not have a studio version so we don't need a custom for that.

Actually there was a studio version of Young Man Blues, it was on Odds and Sods (but the Leeds version is far superior)

#23 appledoo

appledoo
  • 34 posts

Posted February 12, 2020 - 02:59 PM

The Ultimate Showdown was re-recorded for RBN, don't believe the original/Dinosaurchestra version has been charted yet

smoke, burning, sparks, and red fire!

#24 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,669 posts

Posted February 12, 2020 - 05:50 PM

Well technically the studio version of "I Want You to Want Me" did come out first. The At Budoken version is more popular and more often played but not truly the original "definitive" version. I don't think it's bad either, might be worth just putting on the list imo.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#25 YoshiIsDaBomb

YoshiIsDaBomb
  • 105 posts

Posted February 12, 2020 - 08:36 PM

Well technically the studio version of "I Want You to Want Me" did come out first. The At Budoken version is more popular and more often played but not truly the original "definitive" version. I don't think it's bad either, might be worth just putting on the list imo.

Actually there was a studio version of Young Man Blues, it was on Odds and Sods (but the Leeds version is far superior)

Thanks for telling me guys. I had already made changes to the list to accommodate to these statements.

#26 YoshiIsDaBomb

YoshiIsDaBomb
  • 105 posts

Posted February 12, 2020 - 08:37 PM

The Ultimate Showdown was re-recorded for RBN, don't believe the original/Dinosaurchestra version has been charted yet

This list does not show songs that were exclusively released in RBN, but I might consider making a list with RBN songs that fit into this category (live to studio & re-recorded to original).

#27 rubydanger

rubydanger
  • 223 posts

Posted February 12, 2020 - 09:32 PM

I need some clarification. Are we allowed to post an original version if Harmonix has a re-recorded version? Like basically every twister sister dlc is

Proud member of SomeOldGuys collab group - see our WIP here

SomeOldGuys Release page here

Video on how I tempo map

Beginners Vocal charting video

#28 YoshiIsDaBomb

YoshiIsDaBomb
  • 105 posts

Posted February 12, 2020 - 10:29 PM

I need some clarification. Are we allowed to post an original version if Harmonix has a re-recorded version? Like basically every twister sister dlc is

I believe so. I remember checking the rules on posting customs and there was a rule that stated you were allowed to make customs for official Harmonix songs that use a re-recorded version instead of the original. Otherwise, I wouldn't list the re-recordings.

#29 Vinny Reed

Vinny Reed
  • 134 posts

Posted February 13, 2020 - 08:07 AM

Thanks for telling me guys. I had already made changes to the list to accommodate to these statements.

Also (not that is is wholly important) The Who has a recording of Summertime Blues that predates the Leeds show (found in the deluxe version of The Who Sells Out)

#30 thewisebat

thewisebat
  • 14 posts

Posted March 19, 2020 - 12:20 PM

kinda new to CC but I have a question, is there a thread or a drive or smthn one or many people converted the harmonix songs to customs that can be downloaded without buying them? i'm missing a lot of classics bcz of that :( thank u

#31 Mr. Person

Mr. Person
  • 19 posts

Posted March 19, 2020 - 05:34 PM

kinda new to CC but I have a question, is there a thread or a drive or smthn one or many people converted the harmonix songs to customs that can be downloaded without buying them? i'm missing a lot of classics bcz of that :( thank u

This thread should answer all your questions:
http://customscreato...d-official-dlc/

#32 hardcoredrummer

hardcoredrummer
  • 266 posts

Posted March 19, 2020 - 05:34 PM

just curious. anyone know if Papa Roach - Last Resort is a rerecord? I know it's dlc but it sounds like crap. The drums sound like garbage cans. 

That can't be the original version even as dlc...

#33 thewisebat

thewisebat
  • 14 posts

Posted March 19, 2020 - 07:20 PM

This thread should answer all your questions:
http://customscreato...d-official-dlc/

thank you i guess.. this goes to another question, how come people ARE making customs of official releases ? I saw some here and there

#34 Vinny Reed

Vinny Reed
  • 134 posts

Posted March 21, 2020 - 07:20 PM

thank you i guess.. this goes to another question, how come people ARE making customs of official releases ? I saw some here and there

Question: are these songs on this website?
If Yes: it’s most likely a different version of the song (I.e a studio version of a live song)
If No: that’s the rules of that website

#35 YoshiIsDaBomb

YoshiIsDaBomb
  • 105 posts

Posted April 2, 2020 - 05:00 AM

Already seeing some progress getting made. I really hope this list gets finished soon.

Edited by YoshiIsDaBomb, April 14, 2020 - 02:52 AM.

#36 YoshiIsDaBomb

YoshiIsDaBomb
  • 105 posts

Posted April 17, 2020 - 10:48 PM

All of the Black Sabbath covers now have their original versions made and uploaded to the database! Hurrah!

Shoutouts!

- DemonUnicorns (Paranoid)

- TheSheepQueen (Sweet Leaf)

- Truce (War Pigs)

- MrBurpler & AJFOne23 (N.I.B.)

#37 YoshiIsDaBomb

YoshiIsDaBomb
  • 105 posts

Posted July 21, 2020 - 05:31 AM

Updated the topic to replace the list with the Google Sheet I made.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: request, original version, studio, project, studio version, cover to original, live to studio, re-recording to original

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users