IaSg14 Clone Hero customs

Clone Hero Customs Classic Rock Heavy Metal Rock Hard Rock Metal Guitar Bass

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

#41 IaSg14

IaSg14
  • 52 posts

Posted May 30, 2020 - 10:12 AM

It's that time again: new charts for the month of May!

Alternative Rock 01
Paper Shoes - Incubus
Free - Phish
Gone Man - Eels

Softer guitar but still quite fun and challenging! Paper Shoes has some difficult chord and strumming sections throughout but if you can stretch your fingers, it's a fun one. Free also has plenty of fun HOPO sections what with it being a Phish song and Gone Man was surprisingly enjoyable thanks to its main riff and chord breakdown in the middle; that one's probably my personal favourite of the pack. Bass in this pack is largely meh, apart from Phish obviously.

Jefferson Airplane 01

Law Man - Jefferson Airplane
Volunteers - Jefferson Airplane
Let Me In - Jefferson Airplane

Some underrated gems in here. Law Man is pretty simplistic on guitar and bass but there are some nice, gentle HOPO sections in there. Let Me In also has some great guitar HOPO patterns and challenging bass strumming sections too, certainly one to try out if you like your 60s Psychedelic Classic Rock. My favourite of the pack has to be Volunteers, though. Such a great Classic Rock sound and the chord patterns combined with solos make this a belter in my opinion. Plus, the bass is pretty active too!

Heavy Metal 01

Crash Course In Brain Surgery - Budgie
It's Electric - Diamond Head
Midnight Mover - Accept
Another Piece Of Meat - Scorpions
SIgn Of The Crimson Storm - Riot
Under The Blade - Twisted Sister

You better believe there's some cracking guitar and bass in here. Crash Course In Brain Surgery actually have nearly identical guitar and bass charts, aside from a few chord tweaks here and there. However, the Star Power/Overdrive patterns are the same making this one a fun one to play with a partner. It's Electric is mostly the same strumming/chord patterns but that guitar solo is one to enjoy. Bass is a little more active than you'd expect too! Midnight Mover is perfect for fans of proper 80s Heavy Metal, as it comes complete with fun guitar riffs, excellent solos, fun bass melodies and some raw vocals. Definitely a contender for my favourite song of the pack, if not for.........
Another Piece Of Meat. Oh man, this one's a banger on guitar. Great little shreddy fills, a fun guitar riff and a fantastic solo. Bass is decent too, especially since it copies a lot of the guitar riffs and rhythm guitar during the solo. Sign Of The Crimson Storm may slow things down a bit but it's still got plenty of fun HOPO patterns on guitar AND bass, making it a fun one for fans of the heavy plodding rhythms. Finally, Under The Blade is probably the hardest song out of all of May's content; it has two challenging guitar solos and some difficult chord patterns for the inexperienced in the verse riffs. Bass is fairly standard but still some surprises here and there!

Singles

Man On The Silver Mountain - Rainbow
Waste Your Tears - The Answer
Deus In Absentia - Ghost

I have a feeling some of you were probably hoping for the Rainbow song in February's mega pack. Not to worry, it's here now and the guitar is exactly as fun as I was hoping for! Great HOPO patterns in the chorus, a fun Blackmore solo and some great bass as well. Waste Your Tears is also a fun one on guitar with a fantastic main riff and a fun but challenging solo for fans of earlier work by The Answer. Deus In Absentia is a fairly easy one with mostly sustains and chords throughout on guitar and bass BUT at least we're one step closer to having Meliora fully charted on guitar/bass! Small note though; Deus In Absentia has been edited down slightly to cut out the bulk of the chanting and synth in the outro, so anyone wanting a full band conversion of that might need to tweak it slightly.

Next month, there are more packs on the horizon:

KISS 01
Franz Ferdinand 01
Classic Rock 01
Journey 01

I'll hopefully be updating the mystery pack in the next week or so!

#42 Nintendo113

Nintendo113
  • 100 posts

Posted June 4, 2020 - 04:54 PM

Haven't checked this thread in a while, but man you've got some bangers here. We really need to find you a drum charter to collaborate with! 

I've got some Molly Hatchet in the works!

Siiiiiick! Can't wait to see which songs you chose to do! 

#43 beard216

beard216
  • 2,407 posts

Posted June 4, 2020 - 07:32 PM

If you would like for me to do the RB3 conversions for some of these, I'M DOWN. :D

Professional defeater of Hobbzee's RB scores since 1989. :D :P

My C3 Universe Profile!

http://twitch.tv/ziltoid216

#44 IaSg14

IaSg14
  • 52 posts

Posted June 4, 2020 - 07:55 PM

Haven't checked this thread in a while, but man you've got some bangers here. We really need to find you a drum charter to collaborate with! 

I think @WonderWaage is doing drum charts for some of these tracks but I don't know exactly which ones. But yeah, if anyone wants to add drums, just let me know as there's a 0% chance I'll be doing drums myself (two reasons: 1) I don't play drums so I would get no use out of the charts. 2) I don't play drums so I would have no idea what's accurate and/or fun to chart, so they wouldn't be great to play anyway).

If you would like for me to do the RB3 conversions for some of these, I'M DOWN. :D

Go ahead, beard! I'm happy with any of these to be converted (although preferably the more recent ones, as some of my earlier charts like the RHCP and Triumph packs are a little shoddy).

#45 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 360 posts

Posted June 4, 2020 - 10:23 PM

Didn't notice this until today, but I had my own full band version of Phish - Free that was languishing a bit and only needed ProKeys/Keys. It probably will finally see the light of day since you have it done for guitar/bass

#46 IaSg14

IaSg14
  • 52 posts

Posted June 4, 2020 - 11:14 PM

Great stuff nsw! By the way, looking at your WIP thread, I can tell you that I have quite a few of those songs in my To-Do list too (e.g. Kansas, Styx...). If you'd like, I could send you the guitar/bass charts when I'm done with them or if you prefer doing guitar/bass yourself, let me know and I'll happily remove them from my list (you'll probably do a better job on those instruments than me anyway!).

#47 nsw1-6

nsw1-6
  • 360 posts

Posted June 4, 2020 - 11:31 PM

Great stuff nsw! By the way, looking at your WIP thread, I can tell you that I have quite a few of those songs in my To-Do list too (e.g. Kansas, Styx...). If you'd like, I could send you the guitar/bass charts when I'm done with them or if you prefer doing guitar/bass yourself, let me know and I'll happily remove them from my list (you'll probably do a better job on those instruments than me anyway!).

I actually plan on getting the first Kansas round out in the next few weeks, Styx not for another month or two. Anything that was listed as "Finalizing/Keys" means the instruments are done and I'm just finalizing everything and putting in keys. Outside of that I don't know when they'll be out, except for Song for America and The Pinnacle may come mid-late summer. You're free to make your own versions if you like.

Not all the Styx I'm working on right now is listed, so we could probably coordinate that in private.

#48 beard216

beard216
  • 2,407 posts

Posted June 5, 2020 - 02:53 PM

Go ahead, beard! I'm happy with any of these to be converted (although preferably the more recent ones, as some of my earlier charts like the RHCP and Triumph packs are a little shoddy).

OK!

My C3 Universe Profile!

#49 rubydanger

rubydanger
  • 223 posts

Posted June 5, 2020 - 03:46 PM

Ive converted temple of the king but had to put it on hold due to real life. Just an FYI

Proud member of SomeOldGuys collab group - see our WIP here

SomeOldGuys Release page here

Video on how I tempo map

Beginners Vocal charting video

#50 beard216

beard216
  • 2,407 posts

Posted June 5, 2020 - 04:56 PM

*cough* I GRABBED A BUNCH. Lol. 

My C3 Universe Profile!

#51 WonderWaage

WonderWaage
  • 23 posts

Posted June 5, 2020 - 07:05 PM

I'm not actively working on drum charts. But it's something I've started.

#52 beard216

beard216
  • 2,407 posts

Posted June 5, 2020 - 08:15 PM

I'm not actively working on drum charts. But it's something I've started.

Great work on the Ghost charts btw \,,/

My C3 Universe Profile!

#53 IaSg14

IaSg14
  • 52 posts

Posted June 5, 2020 - 10:05 PM

Temple Of The King is a slow but fun one on guitar, especially in the chorus!
I look forward to seeing which songs you've chosen, beard!
Also, whilst this topic's hot, I might as well let you guys know that KISS 01 has just dropped.

#54 beard216

beard216
  • 2,407 posts

Posted June 5, 2020 - 11:39 PM

:D I grabbed "Hotter Than Hell"

My C3 Universe Profile!

#55 IaSg14

IaSg14
  • 52 posts

Posted June 6, 2020 - 01:08 AM

Fun chart with a nifty little DIY outro I threw together by taking the song's first chorus, fading it in slightly on top of the solo (which I slightly faded out to balance the audio) and speeding up the chorus to match the solo, followed by a bit of reverb on the final chord. Also, the audio came from IKONS rather than Hotter Than Hell, as I believe it's remastered and sounds a HELL of a lot clearer than the original version.
Enjoy!

#56 beard216

beard216
  • 2,407 posts

Posted June 8, 2020 - 01:41 PM

wmR8VRG.jpg

Added drums & vox OD, and it's posted!

My C3 Universe Profile!

#57 IaSg14

IaSg14
  • 52 posts

Posted June 12, 2020 - 11:33 PM

Nice one, thanks! Hopefully the other Ghost songs will see full band charts one day too (particularly the 2019 ones)!
Oh hey, new pack! Franz Ferdinand 01 is available to download. Next pack(s) will be in a couple of weeks.

#58 Sr.Moog

Sr.Moog
  • 69 posts

Posted June 13, 2020 - 01:38 AM

Nice one, thanks! Hopefully the other Ghost songs will see full band charts one day too (particularly the 2019 ones)!
Oh hey, new pack! Franz Ferdinand 01 is available to download. Next pack(s) will be in a couple of weeks.

I have finished "40" and "Jacqueline"!

#59 beard216

beard216
  • 2,407 posts

Posted June 19, 2020 - 06:45 PM

Yo. This "Mary on a Cross" chart is so freakin nice. Kudos to both you and Wonder.

it's missing a drum track tho...

*strokes beard* *opens REAPER*

edit*

(listens to song again and has realization)

I could so chart these keys.

My C3 Universe Profile!

#60 beard216

beard216
  • 2,407 posts

Posted June 19, 2020 - 09:16 PM

I actually cannot convert Mary on a Cross, due to a bpm marker OVER 500.

My C3 Universe Profile!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Clone Hero, Customs, Classic Rock, Heavy Metal, Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Guitar, Bass

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users