HighFlyingBirds's Customs * Updated 12/29/2019: Stadium Arcadium 3-Pack *

Customs Arctic Monkeys RHCP Noel Gallagher Workshop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 HighFlyingBirds

HighFlyingBirds
  • 30 posts

Posted December 23, 2019 - 11:06 PM

Hello, everybody! After some time doing different songs, I decided to upload some of the ones I already did and the collaborations with other authors.

You'll find all the songs I've been doing in alphabetical order by artists, I hope I can increase the amount of songs uploaded much more!

Arctic Monkeys:

• "If You Found This, It's Probably Too Late": A b-side for 2007's "Brianstorm", this short song kicks off with a strings intro, and then turns into one minute of the loudest, angriest and hardest-rocking punk song the band ever did. It's not hugely well known but it's a fan favorite, and an entertaining minute for sure.

3X16UcF.jpg

• "Cornerstone": was a single, and to this day remains a live staple of the band's shows, it was featured in every show on their latest tour. Alex Turner told Uncut Magazine that he wrote this breezy love song about meeting girls in pubs who remind him of the one he's trying to forget, "one morning, quite quickly." He added: "There's something to be said for writing in the morning. At other points in the day you're a bit more defensive. I saw it as a challenge to write something in a major key, but that wasn't cheesy."

707qvFr.jpg

• "Fire And The Thud": a very personal and raw song about Turner's then-girlfriend Alexa Chong. In fact, it was so personal that Turner initially didn't want to sing it, recording a version with Alison Mosshart singing lead instead, but eventually decided to "grow up" and record it himself. Mosshart still sings backing vocals in it.

Pga1TPa.jpg

Red Hot Chili Peppers:

• "Desecration Smile": This is the 4th single from "Stadium Arcadium", an essentially acoustic song with different electric phrases that add feelings to the song. Anthony says that the lyrics are inspired by Heather and that in the lyrics he tries to channel thoughts, images and ideas of what happened with her or in previous relationships. Thanks to Yaniv297 for various corrections!

DzI3oLj.jpg

• "Torture Me": Perhaps the most powerful song in "Stadium Arcadium"? Maybe, probably, yeah. An incredible song that maintains an explosive energy throughout the song that in a brief impasse leads to an unbridled solo. Thanks to nsw1-6 for tempo map and drums and Yaniv297 for various corrections and keys!

ZeKsdt4.jpg

• "Death Of A Martian": The end of "Stadium Arcadium" can not have another epic that concludes in a better way the album. The guitar stands out (once again) with an outro that begins with a guitar filled with chorus taking it to an extraterrestrial sound and that concludes with an epic solo with an Anthony reciting a poem that according to him, he took from a book of poems and that he wanted to make it sound as strange as possible. As for the lyrics of the song, it is influenced by the death of Flea's dog as they considered her "a pillar of love, happiness and strength". Thanks to Atruejedi for harmonies and various corrections!

AgZ34Fx.jpg

#2 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 799 posts

Posted December 25, 2019 - 07:52 PM

Awesome releases! I look forward to many more :)

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#3 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 375 posts

Posted December 26, 2019 - 11:18 AM

Congrats on the thread! It's been great working with you. He helped a lot on the Bowie "Low" tunes and a few more.

Yaniv's Workshop - including all my work (hopefully) neatly organized

Spotify Playlist of all my releases

Notable Projects:

Bruce Springsteen Project - 11 classics from the Boss!

Journey Through the Past: A Neil Young 8-pack!

The National Homecoming Festival! Huge project featuring LOADS of tracks from the National, plus a bunch of openers!

11 Songs of Love... and One Song of Disappointment! Featuring Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M, Mac DeMarco and more!

Primavera Sound project: Day One, Day Two. Featuring The Cure, Talking Heads, Pavement and more!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

Hit me up if you wanna collab on any of those!

#4 HighFlyingBirds

HighFlyingBirds
  • 30 posts

Posted December 29, 2019 - 05:08 PM

M0mI72i.jpg

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Stadium Arcadium 3-Pack

Thanks to Atruejedi, nsw1-6 and Yaniv297!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Customs, Arctic Monkeys, RHCP, Noel Gallagher, Workshop

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users