Chart-a-thon Final Day, Final Release! C3 NYE Bash!

• Please log in to reply
384 replies to this topic

#301 AJFOne23

AJFOne23
  • 2,268 posts

Posted December 24, 2019 - 08:11 PM

Boss release! ;) Glad I could help

#302 EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon
  • 226 posts

Posted December 24, 2019 - 08:45 PM

Tremendous release.

#303 grievy

grievy
  • 24 posts

Posted December 24, 2019 - 08:51 PM

Amazing release! The Springsteen pack alone makes donating worthwhile. Thank you so much!

#304 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 886 posts

Posted December 24, 2019 - 09:16 PM

Another great post, Yaniv.  A pleasure to read.

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#305 Vinny Reed

Vinny Reed
  • 131 posts

Posted December 24, 2019 - 09:24 PM

This release is Boss

#306 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 1,107 posts

Posted December 25, 2019 - 03:59 AM

50aqJ3w.jpg

The Turtles "Elenore"

Authored by MrPrezident.

The Turtles had a handful of hit records by 1968, mostly written by outsiders.  Singer Howard Kaylan wanted to diversify their catalogue by writing something experimental - as was the trend at the time - and came up with the concept album 'Battle of the Bands' which featured diverse performances in many musical styles.  The studio was not satisfied, and insisted on a more traditional single, and after locking themselves in a hotel room for just under one hour, they had "Elenore".

The song was in fact a parody of their hit "Happy Together", written in the same style of the happy-go-lucky pop songs that the Turtles had become famous for, but with deliberately clichéd and slapdash lyrics; "Elenore, gee I think you're swell!"

"It was my feeling that they would listen to how strange and stupid the song was and leave us alone," said Kalyan. "But they didn't get the joke. They thought it sounded good. Truthfully, though, the production on "Elenore" WAS so damn good."   The song peaked at number 6 on the billboard charts, and became one of the band's signature songs; the album selling over a million copies.

SONG COUNT: 284

Up next, yaniv297 and egead with some indie rock from NY City.

FORUM THREAD  /  MY CUSTOMS -  featuring all the best animal customs:  A Flock of Seagulls, Eagles of Death Metal, Sheepdogs, Turtles, Mouse Rat and Wolfmother.   

#307 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 383 posts

Posted December 25, 2019 - 11:59 AM

aXJR01p.jpg

Thanks egead for starting this custom and letting me finish it! The guitar and drum charts are heavily based on his work.

"One of the greatest songs of the century" -Rolling Stone Magazine
13th best track of the 2000’s – NME
20th best track of the 2000’s – Pitchfork

I could go on and on. The Walkmen are a great band (and NOT a one hit wonder), and this is their trademark song for a reason. Pure anger, fury, energy, nastiness, and those drums – man, those drums. They were the ones who began it all, as apparently drummer Matt Barrick just messed around with quick disco beats, resulting in a jam which created this song. The lyrics were written on the spot, in five minutes. And that jam has changed the fate and the lives of this band. It became huge, and only got bigger in time. It’s featured on the soundtracks of Major League Baseball 2K7, Dirt 2, and True Crime: New York City. Simply speaking, it’s pretty much the ultimate indie-rock banger.

Challenge for drummers: play this one and Springsteen’s “Roulette” in a row for a serious disco beats stamina test.

SONG COUNT: 285

Next up:
vuxSU3w.png

Yaniv's Workshop - including all my work (hopefully) neatly organized

Spotify Playlist of all my releases

Notable Projects:

Bruce Springsteen Project - 11 classics from the Boss!

Journey Through the Past: A Neil Young 8-pack!

The National Homecoming Festival! Huge project featuring LOADS of tracks from the National, plus a bunch of openers!

11 Songs of Love... and One Song of Disappointment! Featuring Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M, Mac DeMarco and more!

Primavera Sound project: Day One, Day Two. Featuring The Cure, Talking Heads, Pavement and more!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

Hit me up if you wanna collab on any of those!

#308 TrashRBPlayer

TrashRBPlayer
  • 34 posts

Posted December 25, 2019 - 07:50 PM

Yyi3EW7.png

8WNnmqA.png

The Beatles Rock Band Customs? You probably said no, we said yes, you said stop, but we said go, go go!

This is a little different to the standard Chart-a-thon release in that we aren’t releasing custom songs for Rock Band 3, but instead, we’re presenting the first “fully complete” custom songs for The Beatles Rock Band. With a lot of care and attention being made to ensure that these tracks meet the standards of other songs released for the game, this release contains features that have never been seen before in previous Beatles Rock Band custom efforts, including full animations, camera cuts, custom lip sync for each band member along with brand new custom audio mixes and charts created especially for The Beatles Rock Band, making them fit seamlessly with the rest of your Beatles library!

deesWG6.png

To see these songs in action, please view the trailer for the first pack at https://streamable.com/30hoj

Rwo8jpn.png

To introduce the world of Beatles customs, we decided to start with Help!

Chart Preview: https://streamable.com/3495c

Many felt that Help! was a glaring omission from the base game set-list, and we agreed! Written by John Lennon with some help from Paul McCartney, the song serves as a subconscious cry for help from John, who was struggling at the time to deal with the rapidly growing success of the band. Upon release, the song became a fan favorite and maintains to be a staple amongst fans of The Beatles to this day

.RxTjvMG.png

Download: http://dl.c3universe...769a79.47645557

Our second track for this release is Yesterday

Chart Preview: https://streamable.com/t0mbm

An acoustic ballad featuring Paul McCartney, the song acts as a wistful lookback on a relationship. Despite the bands reservations about the song fitting with the rest of their catalogue, the song quickly became a huge success, reaching #1 in the US. Yesterday has went on to be recognized as one of the most covered songs ever, with hundreds of cover versions being record and released. Some notable artists to cover “Yesterday” include Aretha Franklin, Bob Dylan, Elvis Presley and Marvin Gaye.

9OnBkIV.png

Download: http://dl.c3universe...a15ff7.88575288

A3qnqSo.png

These are a little different to your standard RB3 custom, as unfortunately they currently need a modified system to play such as an RGH/JTAG Xbox 360 or CFW PS3. However, as it is becoming more common to find a pre-modified system available for sale or for those more technically inclined, much easier to modify a console yourself, we hope that you can join us in experiencing the world of custom content for The Beatles Rock Band, as it really feels amazing to see in action.

If you would like to follow the project, talk about this release (or future releases 👀), give feedback and receive support for playing this content, please join our Discord server at https://discord.gg/XM9gexj.

Finally, happy holidays from the The Beatles Rock Band Custom DLC Project!

sx5nBHC.png

I would like to give recognition to all those that have made this possible, this release has been brought to you by astronomyhopes, atupomaruru, Hentai/TrashRBPlayer, IMMCTNTJK, Onyxite, PikminGuts92, Rocker1999, StackOverflow0x and Zeddikins

This project was announced as part of "Chart-a-Thon", a non-profit event featuring a number of custom content creators for various rhythm games in order to raise funds for the American Cancer Foundation. It is encouraged that you consider donating over at http://chartathon.com if you appreciate this release, or any others featured during this great event!

Coming up next: MrPrezident has more of the same band from his very first RB3 custom.

SONG COUNT: 287

#309 EvilChameleon

EvilChameleon
  • 226 posts

Posted December 25, 2019 - 08:06 PM

Well, this is certainly a surprise release.

#310 grubextrapolate

grubextrapolate
  • 124 posts

Posted December 25, 2019 - 08:09 PM

very cool! thanks gang!

#311 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 1,107 posts

Posted December 25, 2019 - 08:23 PM

Amazing, thank you for all your hard work on this.

FORUM THREAD  /  MY CUSTOMS -  featuring all the best animal customs:  A Flock of Seagulls, Eagles of Death Metal, Sheepdogs, Turtles, Mouse Rat and Wolfmother.   

#312 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 383 posts

Posted December 25, 2019 - 09:16 PM

This is custom history right here. Amazing.

Notable Projects:

The National Homecoming Festival! Huge project featuring LOADS of tracks from the National, plus a bunch of openers!

11 Songs of Love... and One Song of Disappointment! Featuring Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M, Mac DeMarco and more!

Primavera Sound project: Day One, Day Two. Featuring The Cure, Talking Heads, Pavement and more!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

#313 rcale

rcale
  • 435 posts

Posted December 25, 2019 - 09:34 PM

Good evening friends. I and my good friend Bansheeflyer are here to bring you the completed Pearl Jam classic album vs. When it was released in late 1993 it shattered any doubts about a sophomore slump and was arguably the most raw and aggressive record they would ever release. The playing and songwriting is superb from start to finish. I hope you will all enjoy this mammonth effort. A few song were previously released but have been updated with the authors blessings. Check my own archives for the missing tracks and stay tuned for mb1nightmare's update for the opening track "Go". 

Jb0CVmO.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: froogle

BASS: Kloporte

630gYnP.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: Bansheeflyer

OfwyjTD.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR/BASS: Nunchuck/Sygenysis

Qw25RcC.jpg
Video Preview

ToNnoaD.jpg
Video Preview

PLxCIHT.jpg
Video Preview

CjBSyKZ.jpg
Video Preview

nb1viER.jpg
Video Preview

GUITAR: mb1nightmare

Md37oSA.jpg

Video Preview

Song Count: 269

Coming up - grubextrapolate & MrPrezident come through with a curious release for y'all.

Oh my... Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Stunned.

#314 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,475 posts

Posted December 25, 2019 - 10:50 PM

Amazing Beatles content, breaking new ground!

#315 MrPrezident

MrPrezident

C3U Moderator

• 1,107 posts

Posted December 26, 2019 - 04:01 AM

1zlAqmV.jpg

Ween "Fiesta"

The gnarly, bombastic and brown opening track from Ween's ninth studio album 'La Cucauacha'.

kiO60iB.jpg

Ween "With My Own Bare Hands"

Deaner takes the vocals to purge his most vile sexual thoughts and desires.  It may or may not be about masturbation (it definitely is).

BQyi4KJ.jpg

Ween "The Grobe"

While Gene was in rehab, he wrote "The Grobe" which describes in metaphor the acts of acquiring and shooting heroin.

All songs authored by MrPrezident

Merry Christmas & please remember to donate!

SONG COUNT: 290

Up next:  drummerockband returns with some music that I know everyone will love!

#316 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 383 posts

Posted December 26, 2019 - 11:17 AM

Ween are good! I'll check those out

Notable Projects:

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

#317 drummerockband

drummerockband

I Charted Tegan and Sara and All I Got Was This Crappy Title

• 818 posts

Posted December 26, 2019 - 12:00 PM

Well, it’s the day after Christmas (or Boxing Day, here in Canada) and while I hope you had a great one, the festivities don’t stop yet! Because I’ve got a few goodies for your New Year’s Eve Party! A 3-pack from the legendary Swedish Pop group, ABBA!

This is a special release for me because my grandmother passed away 1 year ago today. One of her very favourite artists was ABBA, so this pack is a tribute to her memory, as I know she would have been dancing to these songs for sure! I hope you like the songs I’ve picked out this time around, and I think I've got some tracks that everyone will like. Rock Band always needs more ABBA, right?!

tkIGzR2.jpg
ABBA - “Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)” Authored by drummerockband

When I think of ABBA songs that are still missing from Rock Band, this one was the first one that came to mind. The iconic strings/keys riff is enough to get people into the groove of the song. In fact, the riff was so good, that Madonna wanted it for her song, so she sampled it for her song “Hung Up”.

DjWsvMH.jpg
ABBA - “SOS” Authored by drummerockband

Here’s a rockin’ ABBA song that I thought always needed to have the full band treatment. Each instrument is super fun to play and harmonies are awesome all around.

QjDS8mM.jpg
ABBA - “Knowing Me, Knowing You” Authored by drummerockband

When I think of ABBA, this song always comes to mind. The chorus is infectious and super catchy. The harmonies again here are really quite a blast. The rest of the song is never a dull moment as well.

This isn't the last you'll see of me for Chart-a-Thon either! I have one more release after this one, so keep an eye out!

I hope you enjoy, and as always, don’t forget to donate at chartathon.com if you are liking the content so far!

SONG COUNT: 293

Check out more great content from Emotional Flight coming up next!

My Customs | Featuring customs from Disney movies, "Weird Al" Yankovic, Tegan and Sara, Alvvays and more!

#318 grubextrapolate

grubextrapolate
  • 124 posts

Posted December 26, 2019 - 01:31 PM

an excellent tribute, drummerockband! I'm sure your grandmother would be proud. I'm grabbing 'em all as part of my plot to get my mom to play... she's always content to sit on the couch and sing along, but won't go near a mic. we'll see if that changes the next time she visits!

#319 Hamiltron

Hamiltron
  • 82 posts

Posted December 26, 2019 - 02:58 PM

Finally some more ABBA. Rock Band always needs more ABBA. Excited to see what Emotional Flight will release, I know he does Broadway Tracks, and I"m a sucker for those!

#320 robisindy

robisindy
  • 36 posts

Posted December 26, 2019 - 04:03 PM

More ABBA is definitely a great thing!  My kids and I will have a lot of fun with this, especially SOS (probably my favorite ABBA tune!).  Thank you, drummerrockband.  I'm sure your grandma would be happy and proud of your work!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users