RBN Dums Vst

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Kalina05

Kalina05
  • 4 posts

Posted October 4, 2019 - 02:31 AM

Hello Everyone !

I'm New to Repear and charting songs.So i am probably doing something wrong.

My problem is:

- I 'm trying to chart drums and when i use the RBN vsti viewer, the Pro Toms don't show up on screen even if it's in the right place in the midi part. I see cymbals Kick and snare but not toms  (Cockos is playing toms sound) .

I've created a project with the RBN template and also with RB2 template (I've heard there is a RB3 Template but didn't find it).

If someone already had this issue can you tell me how to fix it.Or may be a link to the path for downloading RB3 template.

Thanks a lot 

#2 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,538 posts

Posted October 4, 2019 - 03:43 PM

I don't have access to Reaper at the moment so I can't post screenshots so I hope my description makes sense.

When making tom notes you need a midi marker on both the tom and the cymbal. For example, if you want a yellow tom, you have to put a marker on the hi-hat and an additional marker on the yellow tom.

Cymbal hits will always be the default - the tom marker essentially overwrites the cymbal with a tom so you need a marker on both parts for it to read as a tom.

I know I suck at explaining, I hope that's enough to make sense haha.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#3 Kalina05

Kalina05
  • 4 posts

Posted October 4, 2019 - 05:27 PM

Hello Bansheeflyer !

I've found what was missing, and it was because of a bug i had to redo a new session and re-write the line in the Pro-Toms 110/111/112 lines and they finally show up (evil toms).

I hope that's enough to make sense haha.

It make sense lol 

Your explanation is really clear thank you !

I've done Guitar/bass and Drums working on vocals actually and i will try Keyboard but without preview it will be hard i suppose.

(Animation and Overdrives will probably takes some times to learn)

Thanks for your answer

#4 Shroud

Shroud
  • 192 posts

Posted October 4, 2019 - 06:06 PM

I want to add a note, since this happened to me when charting pro drums...

If on the RBN viewer you start seeing some cymbals instead of toms, zoom in the midi track and double-check that the notes are really aligned with the grid. For some reason my Reaper occasionally decided to put some notes a little early/late even though I had snap-to-grid on. The result was pro tom markers being slightly misaligned with basic notes, which were then interpreted as cymbals :)

#5 Kalina05

Kalina05
  • 4 posts

Posted October 7, 2019 - 04:43 PM

Hello Shroud 

Thank you for the tips !

May be it's why I had  a problem, because i was sure to put the line at the right place i'm using Reaper 4.22 (beginner).

After creating a new session and re-import midi file and rewrite Pro-Toms line and all was fine .

But your tips can help Thank you !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users