Left Hand Animations Open Notes Question?

Animation Left Hand Animations Open Note Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 LeonJee

LeonJee
  • 23 posts

Posted September 18, 2019 - 01:12 PM

Hi! I'm trying to polish up a song (Tool - Rosetta Stoned to be exact) by doing some Guitar animations and a recurrent doubt became fundamental:

Sometimes the guitar player does some pull-offs to an open note that isn´t charted green and judging from this doc it seems a bit tricky:

• [map HandMap_DropD] = open hand (no fingers down) for all green gems, all other gems are chords
  • [map HandMap_DropD2] = open hand (no fingers down) for all green gems

I thought it was a limitation until I saw this: https://youtu.be/OrmiqI5Oxto?t=21

Clearly red notes are being pull-offed to open so...

Is this an official DLC special feature or is there a specific authoring map I'm missing?

#2 Linos Melendi

Linos Melendi
  • 137 posts

Posted September 19, 2019 - 01:14 AM

I opened up the midi for B.Y.O.B in Reaper and I can confirm they used [map HandMap_DropD2].

So I tried making two test charts, one with a string of greens and another a string of reds

6UsoW6x.png

a07yfYH.png

Seeing both in game, the character does indeed only open hand green and fret the red.

So what I tried doing was taking the milo animation file from the green fret CON and overriding the CON with the red frets. Unfortunately even after that the character was not open handing the string of reds. So I can only assume HMX did something special on their end that we can't control.

#3 LeonJee

LeonJee
  • 23 posts

Posted September 19, 2019 - 05:06 PM

I opened up the midi for B.Y.O.B in Reaper and I can confirm they used [map HandMap_DropD2].

So I tried making two test charts, one with a string of greens and another a string of reds

[Image]

Seeing both in game, the character does indeed only open hand green and fret the red.

So what I tried doing was taking the milo animation file from the green fret CON and overriding the CON with the red frets. Unfortunately even after that the character was not open handing the string of reds. So I can only assume HMX did something special on their end that we can't control.

Huh weird, what a shame, but thanks! Here's hope that someday we'll figure this out.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Animation, Left Hand Animations, Open Note, Question

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users