Can I Still Be Online With Customs?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sevey13

Sevey13
  • 1 posts

Posted September 9, 2019 - 02:05 AM

Hey folks, I'm new around here. I'm starting to dip into customs, and I'm wondering if I can still connect to online services if I have customs in Rock Band 3. I only just got the game so I have none of the paid DLC, but I am interesting in buying it. I just want to make sure there's nothing specific I need to do if I go online with customs to not get locked out/banned from XBOXland, etc.

Thanks!

#2 Bansheeflyer

Bansheeflyer

• 1,563 posts

Posted September 9, 2019 - 06:11 AM

Hello Sevey, welcome to C3!

Unfortunately customs only work with Title Update 4 and the game requires Title Update 5 in order to go online.

There are some workarounds though. Many users just have two flash drives, one with Title Update 4 & customs and one with Title Update 5. You can also just use one flash drive with TU4 & customs, you'll just have to install TU5 every time you want to play online and remove it from your hard drive every time you want to play customs. There's likely other options too, feel free to utilize that search bar, this question has been discussed many a time. :)

Alternatively RB2 has online customs which will allow you to play both customs and DLC though there are fewer RB2-supported customs than RB3 at this time.

As a moderator I enforce the law...in moderation.

My Customs
My Works in Progress

#3 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,050 posts

Posted September 9, 2019 - 02:47 PM

The best way to play custom songs online is to not play on xbox ;)

#4 a2dmusic

a2dmusic
  • 39 posts

Posted September 11, 2019 - 03:39 AM

The way it worked out for me is I have two RB3 discs -- one MadCatz and one EA.  I take out my customs flash drive and use the MadCatz disc when I want to go online and buy content, then switch disks and put in my drive to play!

#5 Linos Melendi

Linos Melendi
  • 138 posts

Posted September 11, 2019 - 06:34 PM

Sevey13 was asking "if I can still connect to online services" and worried if they'll get banned, not about actually playing the customs.

Which I will answer, yes you can still connect online with the latest RB3 update with custom songs in your drive. You will not get banned or anything, customs songs will still appear in your song library but attempting to play them will simply just crash the game. You can still play any legit songs just fine while connected online and having customs installed.

I only just got the game so I have none of the paid DLC, but I am interesting in buying it

For buying DLC, if you don't want to deal with the hassle of swapping updates just to purchase dlc, I recommend installing the separate "Rock Band Music Store" app and purchasing DLC from there.

https://marketplace....15-d802545607d5

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users