load up freeze

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 231 posts

Posted September 2, 2019 - 10:55 PM

Hello 

right so added some new songs to my usb recently but when the game tried to add them at the front screen i got to adding 8/8 for example and froze. I think ok dodgy custom or something trial and error trying to load up with various ones i can't narrow down if its a dodgy custom or me (I'm not past the limit btw or atleast i don't think so i get to about 1500 on the nose and trys to add the new songs and freezes) 

Any suggestions of what it could be ? i for a while started moving customs that are permanent or not likely to be changed to the internal HDD, try to keep the stick for recent ones or incomplete ones 

in the end i gave up removed new ones back to how it was because i had an event to use it for and needed it to work.

#2 Alternity

Alternity
  • 1,016 posts

Posted September 2, 2019 - 11:28 PM

Freezing at creating the cache (red bar with x/y numbers) is indeed a "dodgy custom". There is a bad DTA file in one of the custom songs, so you will have to find it. The best way to approach this is trying the half of your custom songs, if that half works then the bad one is in the other half, so try half of the half with the bad one, repeat the process until you find it.

#3 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 231 posts

Posted September 2, 2019 - 11:34 PM

Freezing at creating the cache (red bar with x/y numbers) is indeed a "dodgy custom". There is a bad DTA file in one of the custom songs, so you will have to find it. The best way to approach this is trying the half of your custom songs, if that half works then the bad one is in the other half, so try half of the half with the bad one, repeat the process until you find it.

thing its i thought it was the jackie chan song yes but then i thought it was the live queen songs were fine but also yes fault then some songs in the middle also yes i can't seem to narrow it down

#4 PikedPike

PikedPike
  • 10 posts

Posted September 3, 2019 - 08:19 AM

When you are doing this, make sure you update your songs dta file each time you do this. But there are some things, which system are you using, because I had this very issue with the Playstation Version. I worked out that the song causing it (for me at least) was Sunday Morning by Maroon 5. Now I have no idea what song of yours is causing the issue.

One way to work it out is put all your cons into folders of 100 songs each. Try each pack (whilst updating the songs.dta) until one doesn't work. Split this in half and see if a half works. If it does then immediately split the other half, you know it is the busted one, and if it doesn't work still, split that one. Do this until you get to about 5 songs. Then just try songs one at a time. It is generally only one song that causes this issue.

Also be warned that this is kinda time consuming but it is also worth it to find the song because then you can just add customs on bulk.

I beat Roundabout on Keyboard Once, that means I am good right?

#5 EcoFreak

EcoFreak
  • 231 posts

Posted September 3, 2019 - 08:19 PM

oh i use 360 version and ok i will try this 

When you are doing this, make sure you update your songs dta file each time you do this. But there are some things, which system are you using, because I had this very issue with the Playstation Version. I worked out that the song causing it (for me at least) was Sunday Morning by Maroon 5. Now I have no idea what song of yours is causing the issue.

One way to work it out is put all your cons into folders of 100 songs each. Try each pack (whilst updating the songs.dta) until one doesn't work. Split this in half and see if a half works. If it does then immediately split the other half, you know it is the busted one, and if it doesn't work still, split that one. Do this until you get to about 5 songs. Then just try songs one at a time. It is generally only one song that causes this issue.

Also be warned that this is kinda time consuming but it is also worth it to find the song because then you can just add customs on bulk.

#6 jerrylive365

jerrylive365
  • 68 posts

Posted September 3, 2019 - 09:15 PM

Not sure this has anything to do with it, and I'm sure you already know this, but make sure that Title Update 5 didnt sneak its way on to your system. Always keep a copy of TU4 on your flash drive.

In fact, I make sure that my USB sticks and whatever drives I use, all have TU4 on them. C3 con tools has that built in to the RB to USB function so its very easy to copy over.

Cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users