C3 Forums

Exit C3Thon, enter... Chart-a-thon!

Great idea again, folks.

A question: do all songs made across all the communities for their platforms make their way into each game? Example: if a Clone Hero chart is created will a RB3 'version' be created as a matter of course? I suspect not but wanted to check.

I like the concept of bidding for songs to be created but also recognize the risk (as it were) of a chart being created the bidder isn't happy with. Will these charts be at official C3 levels (you know what I mean) of quality? If so then there's a baseline of quality that's inherent and that's probably all that can be asked for. I think bidding for certain authors is a slippery slope that might put people under a bit of pressure... Like someone mentioned above, I might want author(s) x and y but neither of them like the song or feel inspired to do it. What happens then?

I think if there's a baseline of quality involved (C3 levels) then the mods / coordinators can be left to dish them out (assuming there are takers at all).

A question: do all songs made across all the communities for their platforms make their way into each game? Example: if a Clone Hero chart is created will a RB3 'version' be created as a matter of course?

No, each community will be responsible for their own content, independently of other communities.

I like the concept of bidding for songs to be created but also recognize the risk (as it were) of a chart being created the bidder isn't happy with. Will these charts be at official C3 levels (you know what I mean) of quality? If so then there's a baseline of quality that's inherent and that's probably all that can be asked for. I think bidding for certain authors is a slippery slope that might put people under a bit of pressure... Like someone mentioned above, I might want author(s) x and y but neither of them like the song or feel inspired to do it. What happens then?

I think if there's a baseline of quality involved (C3 levels) then the mods / coordinators can be left to dish them out (assuming there are takers at all).

All of these are valid concerns, and are good reasons why (if I understand correctly) there won't be any official means of bidding on songs. If someone says they'd pay X dollars for a song and someone else decides to chart the song, that's great, but we're not going to make it a formality.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just learning how to create songs, and posted one so far to database (Moving Mountains - The Cascade) - I would like to help in that capacity, but can only create drum charts for now - let me know.

Chart-a-thon came and went. You'll have to be on the lookout for whatever charity event may happen in the future. That said, whatever charts are released must be at least legacy full band and be good, playable quality. If only doing drum charts, you'd have to contribute to someone who needed/wanted you to do drum charts for their releases or provided you with all the other instruments for you to release.