The customs marathon is back and this time we go global for a good cause
Two years ago, 40 C3 authors came together to produce more than 300 songs with one release every 8 hours for a whole month. The result was humbling: players, fans, authors and even family members helped us raise more than 7,000 dollars for the Make-a-Wish foundation! Now it's time to once again ask creators and players to come together to do something special, break barriers and help change the world.
Exit C3Thon, enter... Chart-a-thon!
The world of rhythm gaming is huge and full of amazing communities. This November, the biggest and most important communities come together for an unprecedented charity event. Chart-a-thon is a 30 day custom content marathon with the goal of raising as much money as we can for a good cause. Over the 30 days leading up to Christmas, authors from Audica, Beat Saber, Custom Songs Central (Clone Hero), CustomsForge (Rocksmith), Synth RIders and of course C3 will tag each other in and out to release new content. Our audience will receive a new release (singles, packs or albums) from a different author multiple times a day.
As for C3thon for every song you download that you would have downloaded even if you had to pay for it, we ask you to donate at least 90 cents to the cause that we will disclose soon. And of course, any additional donation is incredibly appreciated! This is a fully fledged honor system: if you can donate we’re infinitely grateful, and if you can’t you are free to download as many songs as you want. Every single donation though will help us reach a bigger goal and help people who need our support.
The following is extremely important: money goes directly to the charity's platform without us putting a finger on it. Donations are collected by the foundation itself using a third party platform. This is crucial to us: we will choose the organization from a specific shortlist because they have their own collection system and we are not involved in any way in that part of the process. You don’t have to trust anybody else with your money: we have no part in collecting donations at all, we are only here to raise awareness and ask for your help.
During the month of November up to the end of December (exact dates still to be finalized) we will release more information on the initiative, including some special events we have planned and we look forward to a huge turnout. We are also going to introduce you to the amazing group of authors who will sign up for this project with a passion that cannot be overstated. For now, just know that you should start saving up because we’re going to give you plenty of reasons to donate!
We aim not only to raise money for a good cause, but also hopefully start new great friendships between our communities and maybe even new collaborations, all the while making old and current games new fans!
If you're a player, stay tuned for more information on the event as we finalize details. If you're an author, contact the event organizer(s) for your community to start planning immediately!
We will also be reaching out to more communities, so if you have direct contacts with admins from other rhythm game communities or you're an admin yourself, do get in touch please!
- The Audica modding group (or Maudica) focuses on growing Audica, Harmonix’s latest VR rhythm game and community. Recently, one of the mappers from the community won a mapping competition to get their map officially in the game
- The BSMG (Beat Saber Modding Group) is a community devoted to supporting the growth of the VR rhythm game Beat Saber along with providing a platform where custom content can be built and creativity from creators can thrive
- Custom Songs Central is a charting collective founded in early 2018 producing content for Clone Hero
- CF, or CustomsForge, is a community born in 2014 devoted to Rocksmith 2014 Remastered custom content
- C3, or Customs Creators Collective, is a community born in 2013 devoted to full band production of mainly Rock Band 3 content
- The Synth Riders Mod Discord is a group that focuses on creating maps, mods and models for everyone’s favorite Synthwave themed VR rhythm game, Synth Riders. Three of the mappers from the community now officially help map for the game