To what extent are official songs banned?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SanicStudios

SanicStudios
  • 74 posts

Posted August 27, 2019 - 06:23 PM

I get that you're not allowed to make a custom of a song that is already DLC or an official song / release RBN content. How far can you go with alternate versions of these songs?

E.G a live version of through the fire and flames (just an example, not working on it)

#2 TheSheepQueen

TheSheepQueen
  • 693 posts

Posted August 27, 2019 - 06:54 PM

As long as it's not the same version as the DLC, nor like, a demo that sounds exactly the same. Live versions are cool, as are studio versions of live DLC (Like I did with Pour Some Sugar On Me)

Sheep sheep I'm a beep

#3 Rocker1999

Rocker1999
  • 68 posts

Posted August 28, 2019 - 01:01 AM

Expanding on what Sheep said.  From past experiences and just watching what is and isn't allowed, here's what I've gathered

Studio version is official song -> Live version is OK to chart (Example: Cirice by Ghost is RB4 DLC, but Cirice (Live) by Ghost is on the database)

Live version is official song -> Studio version is OK to chart (Example: School's Out and I'm Eighteen by Alice Cooper are live version in their official song versions, but the original recordings have also been charted and on the database)

Cover version is official song -> Original version is OK to chart (Example: Brass in Pocket by The Pretenders is official DLC, but it's a cover.  I was able to chart and release Brass in Pocket (Original Version) no problem)

A rerecording is official song -> Original version is OK to chart (Although going the other way is not the best to do) (Example: Love Hurts by Nazareth is a later rerecording of the same song, it's not the original studio version.  Love Hurts (Original Version) on the database IS the original recording)

giphy_1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users