custom songs xbox 360 add new cover art change rename old to new

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks
  • 8 posts

Posted August 13, 2019 - 02:19 PM

Hello,
I downloaded some custom songs from this page today. When I put these on my XBOX 360, I've seen that some songs have a much too long name or a pixelated album cover.

(Some song names are so long that you can not read them anymore)

Is there a way to rename downloaded songs and change the cover so that the name and the cover are displayed in the game as well (RockBand3 XBOX 360)?

Thank you in advance for all the information.

:lol:  Tom Hanks = T.Hanks = Thanks :lol:

#2 chaosjaye

chaosjaye
  • 136 posts

Posted August 13, 2019 - 05:56 PM

change the dta file..but ya have to be cautious you dont make a conflict or break said dta file..its safer to let it be  authors know what they are doing

#3 Shroud

Shroud
  • 229 posts

Posted August 14, 2019 - 09:37 AM

Changing a song's title is easy, just edit the "songs.dta" file. There, you can also change artist name, instruments difficulties, instruments volumes (only negative values though) and a few other useful things.

Changing a custom's cover art may not be as simple as replacing the xbox_png file, at least I am not sure, but there are probably some formats requirements. Instead, you can create a new valid cover art file using Magma.

#4 Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks
  • 8 posts

Posted August 14, 2019 - 04:53 PM

Changing a song's title is easy, just edit the "songs.dta" file. There, you can also change artist name, instruments difficulties, instruments volumes (only negative values though) and a few other useful things.

Changing a custom's cover art may not be as simple as replacing the xbox_png file, at least I am not sure, but there are probably some formats requirements. Instead, you can create a new valid cover art file using Magma.

change the dta file..but ya have to be cautious you dont make a conflict or break said dta file..its safer to let it be  authors know what they are doing

*!*! Thank you for your feedback !*!*
This was very helpful and it worked very well.

I used it on this song, which i bought from the Store:
Giraffes? Giraffes! - I Am S / H (in) e [r] As You Am S / H (im) e [r] As You Are Me And We At I And All Are Together: Our Collective Consciousness' Psychogenic Fugue

If someone want to listen to this song:

https://giraffesgiraffes.bandcamp.com/track/i-am-s-h-im-e-r-as-you-am-s-h-im-e-r-as-you-are-me-and-we-am-i-and-i-are-all-our-together-our-collective-consciousness-psychogenic-fugue

That was really too long for me, now i can read such songs easier (At the Game).
Thanks

#5 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,976 posts

Posted August 15, 2019 - 03:03 AM

Just replaced the png_xbox with another valid png_xbox. Album Art Converter can make it for you.

#6 Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks
  • 8 posts

Posted August 15, 2019 - 07:51 PM

Just replaced the png_xbox with another valid png_xbox. Album Art Converter can make it for you.

Thank you for your answer and thank you for your tutorial video on Youtube. This helped me a bit.
I read the following Sentence from you in the Forum on Page 45 (C3 Forums → Authoring Auditorium → Authoring Tools, Support, & Advice).

** When you drag/drop the song to it and it opens in CON Explorer, just drag/drop the replacement *.png_xbox file over the PNG_XBOX button. Click yes to overwrite. Click Save. That's it. Use Advanced Art Converter to create the *.png_xbox file **

So.. i use C3CONToolsv400 and i cant find the *Con Explorer*. I uploaded a Picture, where you can see what i have.
https://imgur.com/a/mD5t0kg

btw. Can you tell me, how to create a png_xbox. File ? I tried to find  the Advanced Art Converter on google,

without success.

Thanks in advance and hopefully it helps one or the other, who is also looking for such a solution.

Update: 15.08.2019
1. Renaming the songs was successful, thanks for that. Now I can make everything a bit more personal.
2. → I tried replacing the album cover with MagmaC3v332. I have used the following steps:

1. Drag and Drop a Con File to Magma. For Example (3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun)
2. I got a Folder (3DoorsDownAwayFromTheSun_Project) with some Files in it (Audio Folder, MILO, MOGG, PNG_XBOX) etc.
3. I downloaded a PNG Album Art and *drag and drop* it on the Album Art whats shown in Magma, then i got a
* sd69away02ftsun3doors_keep.png_xbox * and replaced it.
4. I have inserted the finished song in the (visualizer C3 Con Tools) and get there the old cover art displayed.

Is this going in the right direction or is it all just nonsense?

P.s. Would it be possible to make a new video tutorial extra for these two things?
That would be really nice and would certainly help one or the other.
You can explain things 100 times, but I will not get it until the 101st time :doh: :awesome:

#7 TrojanNemo

TrojanNemo

The Programmer

• 4,976 posts

Posted August 15, 2019 - 07:58 PM

Thank you for your answer and thank you for your tutorial video on Youtube. This helped me a bit.
I read the following Sentence from you in the Forum on Page 45 (C3 Forums → Authoring Auditorium → Authoring Tools, Support, & Advice).

** When you drag/drop the song to it and it opens in CON Explorer, just drag/drop the replacement *.png_xbox file over the PNG_XBOX button. Click yes to overwrite. Click Save. That's it. Use Advanced Art Converter to create the *.png_xbox file **

So.. i use C3CONToolsv400 and i cant find the *Con Explorer*. I uploaded a Picture, where you can see what i have.
https://imgur.com/a/mD5t0kg

btw. Can you tell me, how to create a png_xbox. File ? I tried to find  the Advanced Art Converter on google,

without success.

Thanks in advance and hopefully it helps one or the other, who is also looking for such a solution.

Update: 15.08.2019
1. Renaming the songs was successful, thanks for that. Now I can make everything a bit more personal.
2. → I tried replacing the album cover with MagmaC3v332. I have used the following steps:

1. Drag and Drop a Con File to Magma. For Example (3 Doors Down - Away From The Sun)
2. I got a Folder (3DoorsDownAwayFromTheSun_Project) with some Files in it (Audio Folder, MILO, MOGG, PNG_XBOX) etc.
3. I downloaded a PNG Album Art and *drag and drop* it on the Album Art whats shown in Magma, then i got a
* sd69away02ftsun3doors_keep.png_xbox * and replaced it.
4. I have inserted the finished song in the (visualizer C3 Con Tools) and get there the old cover art displayed.

Is this going in the right direction or is it all just nonsense?

P.s. Would it be possible to make a new video tutorial extra for these two things?
That would be really nice and would certainly help one or the other.
You can explain things 100 times, but I will not get it until the 101st time :doh: :awesome:

The tutorial is very outdated. I will not be making an updated tutorial but anyone is welcome to do so!

CON Explorer was removed as a button, but it's in the program. Just drag/drop the CON file anywhere that isn't a button on C3 CON Tools and it'll open the file in CON Explorer. Advanced Auto Converter is one of the many programs in C3 CON Tools, so you don't need to Google it, just explore the many features of C3 CON Tools. Although it hurts my pride a little bit that Google doesn't give you anything when you search for it :-(

Lastly, don't use Magma to do anything to a CON file. That's advanced level stuff for re-authoring or making advanced edits to file. Stick to C3 CON Tools. It does everything you're trying to do.

#8 Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks
  • 8 posts

Posted August 16, 2019 - 12:01 PM

Thanks for all your help! Today I finally made it.

For all those who would like to change their songs a bit because the name is too long or a
pixelated cover is displayed, i write down the path for you here.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Backup your data every time before changing anything, just in case

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

English
Rename - Custom Songs Rockband (In-Game)
01. First download C3CONTools from this Forum.
02. Open the Button (Quick DTA Editor) and pull in a Song. In the Text File that opens, you can change the Name and the Band Name.
03. → Close + Save.
04. → Finish.

Rockband Custom Songs - Cover Change (In-Game)
01. Download a .PNG Album Cover or create one in Photoshop etc.
02.   In C3Tools open the blue button (Advanced Art Converter). There you need to create a (.png_xbox) File. 

03. Drag the new cover into the window and click (Convert all input files to * _png.xbox).
Now you have the following Things in your Folder → 1x Con File (RockBand Song), 1x New Cover (PNG), 1x png.xbox File.
05. → Drag your song (Con File) into C3 Tools (on no Button, but on the Background of the Program).
06. → It opens a Window with 2 Tabs (Information) + (Contents) Click on (Contents).
07. → Then go to Root Songs * Songname * Gen.

08. There replace the (keep.png_xbox) drag/drop with the (keep.png_xbox).
09. → Click on the Tab at the top (Information) and below on the green Button (Save)

10.   Finish  .

Sichert eure Daten als Backup, bevor ihr irgendetwas ändert, nur für den Fall

Deutsch

Umbennen der Custom Songs Rockband (Im Spiel)
01. Als Erstes ladet ihr euch C3CONTools aus diesem Forum herunter.
02. Öffnet die Schaltfläche (Quick DTA Editor) und zieht einen Song rein. Im Textdokument, welches sich öffnet, könnt ihr den
Titel und Interpreten Namen ändern.
03. → Schließen und bei Abfrage speichern.
04. → Fertig.

Rockband Custom Songs - Cover ändern (Im Spiel)
01. → Ladet euch ein Albumcover herunter (PNG-Format) oder erstellt euch eines mit Photoshop usw.
02. In C3Tools öffnet ihr die blaue Schaltfläche (Advanced Art Converter). Dort müsst ihr euch eine (.png_xbox) Datei erstellen.

03. Zieht euer neues Cover in das Fenster und clickt auf (Convert all input files to * _png.xbox). Gekennzeichnet in der blauen Box.
Jetzt habt ihr folgende Dateien in eurem Ordner → 1x Con File (RockBand Song), 1x Neues Cover (PNG), 1x png.xbox Datei.
05. → Als nächstes zieht ihr euren Song (Con File) ins Programm C3 Tools (auf keine Schaltfläche, sondern auf den Hintergrund).
06. → Es öffnet sich ein Fenster mit 2 Reitern (Information) + (Contents). Clickt auf (Contents).
07. → Dann clickt ihr einmal auf Root Songs * Songname * Gen.

08. Dort ersetzt ihr aus eurem Ordner (keep.png_xbox) mit der (keep.png_xbox) im Programm, einfach reinziehen und ersetzen.
09. → Clickt oben auf den Tab (Information) und unten auf den grünen Kasten (Save).

10. Fertig.

Ergänzung:
Wenn ihr auf (Save) geclickt habt und alles abgespeichert ist, könnt ihr rechts daneben auf (Visualize!) clicken.
Es öffnet sich ein Fenster, der Visualizer von C3Tools, dort könnt ihr schauen, on das Cover dort angezeigt wird.
Ansonsten, Song auf die XBOX und überprüfen.

Das Umbenennen und Cover ändern funktioniert nicht mit jedem Song, keine Ahnung
warum aber probiert es mal mit ein paar Songs aus.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: custom, songs, xbox 360, add, new, cover art, change, rename, old to new

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users