a2dmusic's WIPs... feedback sought!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 a2dmusic

a2dmusic
  • 39 posts

Posted August 12, 2019 - 04:45 AM

I might enjoy making these as much as playing...

1. They Might Be Giants - Hey, Mr. DJ I Thought You Said we had a Deal [complete: TM, G, B, K/RK, D, Anim... TBD: Vox]

2. Deerhunter - Desire Lines [complete: TM... TBD: G, B, D, Vox, Anim]

3. The Shins - Fall of '82 [complete: TM... TBD: G, B, D, K/RK, Vox, Anim] 

4. Sparks - Something for the Girl with Everything [...]

5. Sparks - Never Turn Your Back on Mother Earth [...]

6. Elbow - Fly Boy Blue / Lunette

7. Elbow - The Bones of You

8. Eels - The Sound of Fear

9. Eels - A Daisy through Concrete

10. Pinback - Fortress

11. Pinback - AFK

12. Stereolab - The Noise of Carpet

13. Stereolab - Motoroller Scalatron

14. The Shins - The Rifle's Spiral 

Edited by a2dmusic, September 13, 2019 - 04:14 PM.

#2 a2dmusic

a2dmusic
  • 39 posts

Posted September 1, 2019 - 06:23 AM

Got weird errors that didn't make sense on harmonies for Taos by Menomena, so despite charting them, the initial upload will be lead vocals only.

Unfortunately, as noted, I had a catastrophic backup-less loss of the working files for the stuff I had CONs for already, o fixing small stuff may be impossible (unless people know ways to "unpack" the con to its constituent parts?)

#3 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 869 posts

Posted September 3, 2019 - 03:34 PM

You can use C3 CON Tools to pull bits out of a CON, including the MIDI and DTA files.  That means you can make fixes to existing CONs and even replace those bits without rebuilding a whole new CON in Magma.

#4 a2dmusic

a2dmusic
  • 39 posts

Posted September 3, 2019 - 07:10 PM

You can use C3 CON Tools to pull bits out of a CON, including the MIDI and DTA files.  That means you can make fixes to existing CONs and even replace those bits without rebuilding a whole new CON in Magma.

Oh!  I knew about the DTA extractor (and quick editor), but I didn't know the midi file could be extracted.  Now I see that option... sweet!! :) 

#5 a2dmusic

a2dmusic
  • 39 posts

Posted September 8, 2019 - 06:47 AM

Actually... and I may need to go outside this thread for the answer, BUT.  Once you extract a midi file from a con, how the heck to do you get it rebundled in?

#6 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 869 posts

Posted September 9, 2019 - 09:11 PM

Same tool you used to extract the MIDI.

I assume you've found the "hidden" tool", that is, the single-CON package explorer that appears when you drag-and-drop a CON onto the C3 CON Tools window but not onto any particular button.  That tool also lets you replace files inside the CON.  For the MIDI, it's particularly easy: just drag-and-drop the new MIDI onto the "MIDI" button.  You'll be asked to confirm the replacement.  Then, once you click "Save" to make your change permanent, you're done!

#7 a2dmusic

a2dmusic
  • 39 posts

Posted September 10, 2019 - 03:33 AM

I did, by total accident.  Up til then I was like "ok, I figured out how to extract things" and as I was realizing I didn't know how to put parts back together outside of an entire Magma remake, I accidentally dropped during a drag and boom ;-)

Thank you, though, there're a lot of little tricks to pick up and not all of them are obvious or well documented  :huh:

#8 yaniv297

yaniv297
  • 307 posts

Posted September 10, 2019 - 08:13 AM

I would definitely play those Elbow tracks, looking forward to them!

Yaniv's Workshop - including all my work (hopefully) neatly organized

Spotify Playlist of all my releases

Notable Projects:

The National Homecoming Festival! Huge project featuring LOADS of tracks from the National, plus a bunch of openers!

11 Songs of Love... and One Song of Disappointment! Featuring Bruce Springsteen, R.E.M, Mac DeMarco and more!

Primavera Sound project: Day One, Day Two. Featuring The Cure, Talking Heads, Pavement and more!

Arcade Fire Project

WIP Thread

Hit me up if you wanna collab on any of those!

#9 a2dmusic

a2dmusic
  • 39 posts

Posted September 12, 2019 - 12:28 AM

Hey FujiSkunk, how did you make the link to all of your customs in your sig?  I would like to do that (to get rid of the lower section in my top post), and I thought I could just do a search in "customs" and use the results URL, but no go.

EDIT: well, I just copied your URL and put in my Author ID.  Seems to work.

#10 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 869 posts

Posted September 12, 2019 - 03:15 PM

You got it. :)

For future reference, you can find that link on your "My Content" page.  It's the "Customs" link on the left-hand side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users