Where are the Pretenders?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dlauthor

dlauthor
  • 98 posts

Posted June 12, 2019 - 04:25 PM

I was just listening to the Pretenders' first album, and I'd forgotten just how solid and current it sounds. Somehow they've kind of become a semi-forgotten band, and there are so few of their songs in Rock Band. Brass and Chain Gang, sure, but Kid, Precious, Stop Your Sobbing, frickin' Tattooed Love Boys ... and then later stuff like Message of Love, Talk of the Town, Don't Get Me Wrong, 2000 Miles, Middle of the Road; they have a such deep list of amazing songs.

Anyone who wants to pick up this stuff, I feel like their catalogue's ripe for rediscovery.

#2 chaosjaye

chaosjaye
  • 119 posts

Posted June 12, 2019 - 05:56 PM

due to thier name we umm..pretend thier all done...joking

#3 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 409 posts

Posted June 13, 2019 - 05:57 AM

One of those mentioned is a custom already:

Don't Get Me Wrong
http://customscreato...me-wrong-r17619

The other ones were a nice trip back to those songs I had forgotten about. Message of Love was such a cool beat and rhythm. Remember hearing that the first time and thinking, "well, that's completely different." Still great today. Might take that one on.

BUT, hope you take up authoring and can create these great songs for us all to play!

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE

#4 dlauthor

dlauthor
  • 98 posts

Posted June 13, 2019 - 03:42 PM

One of those mentioned is a custom already:

Don't Get Me Wrong
http://customscreato...me-wrong-r17619

The other ones were a nice trip back to those songs I had forgotten about. Message of Love was such a cool beat and rhythm. Remember hearing that the first time and thinking, "well, that's completely different." Still great today. Might take that one on.

BUT, hope you take up authoring and can create these great songs for us all to play!

Trust me, I'm already perched at the edge of that rabbit-hole. As soon as someone invents hours 25-36 of the day, I might just jump in. And my family will never hear from me again.

Oh, of course Don't Get Me Wrong is in there. I _have_ that custom. Duh.

#5 ws54

ws54
  • 838 posts

Posted June 13, 2019 - 10:42 PM

I guess the one Pretenders song I did chart doesn't qualify to be mentioned. <sad face>

They are always on my radar when considering what to chart and Middle of the Road and Talk of the Town would be most likely. But you shouldn't get your hopes up.

#6 BornGamerRob

BornGamerRob
  • 409 posts

Posted June 14, 2019 - 02:23 AM

As soon as someone invents hours 25-36 of the day, I might just jump in.

Oh, those hours exist already. You just won't like what you have to do to attain them. ;-)

Check out my video playlists: YOUTUBE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users