Bands you discovered thanks to Rock Band?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Shroud

Shroud
  • 97 posts

Posted June 3, 2019 - 05:56 PM

Just another question for fun :)

Which bands or artists you didn't know before, heard in a Rock Band for the first time, and ended up liking (beyond the song in RB)?

The first ones coming to mind for me are Interpol, Silversun Pickups and Lacuna Coil. I had never even heard of the first two before RB2, and of the latter I barely knew that they were Italian but hadn't heard any song from them. RB2 made me discover them, and Spotify did the rest :D

#2 lifeismusic5

lifeismusic5
  • 343 posts

Posted June 3, 2019 - 09:58 PM

Theres a few, but the main ones being Rush (which I knew of but didnt fully appreciate), Honest Bob is always fun, Lacuna Coil I knew of thanks to RB2 & GH3 but interesting fact an independent wrestler in my area uses them as an entrance theme with Heavens A Lie (amazing song), Acro-Brats thanks to RB1 & GH1, & The Outlaws Green Grass & High Tides got me into them as they are pretty damn good.

#3 akaisenshi

akaisenshi
  • 177 posts

Posted June 4, 2019 - 05:32 PM

I discovered almost all the bands I regularly listen to from Rock Band, it made up my music world. Some of my favorites are Avenged Sevenfold, BABYMETAL, Mastodon, Rush, Behemoth, Disturbed, and Evanescence.

#4 Atruejedi

Atruejedi
  • 730 posts

Posted June 4, 2019 - 08:45 PM

The Mother Hips.

Time We Had was on Rock Band 1's disc and I didn't care for it (and I still don't particularly love it). But all of the DLC songs are amazing. The first two, Time-Sick Son of a Grizzly Bear and Red Tandy, are fantastic. Especially Red Tandy, because the album cut is like 2 minutes long with a fadeout... and the DLC version is an insane 6 minutes jam session.

The next two, Third Floor Story and White Falcon Fuzz, are the two songs that got me into the band and converted me into a huge fan. They are now essentially tied for slots 8 through 13 on my top-bands-I've-listened-to-the-most-in-the-past-9-years list.

Thanks, Harmonix!

#1 Ranked Wii Customs Player... because it's the Wii
"Like a madman laughin' at the rain" - My custom song releases
Freelancers wanted! - Works-in-progress
"One-Trick Pony" - Details of my contributions in the database!
In-Depth Eclectic Suggestions - Let's collaborate!

Vocals Charting Philosophy - Because sometimes less is more
Packing Like a Pro - The Guide for a Legit Wii Library
Last.fm Profile - Let's be snobs together.

#5 appledoo

appledoo
  • 12 posts

Posted July 11, 2019 - 08:36 AM

rush, system of a down, psychostick, freezepop, bang camaro, if I named more I'd go on for ages

am I late to the party?

#6 Alternity

Alternity
  • 965 posts

Posted July 11, 2019 - 01:47 PM

The main ones are Amberian Dawn and Andromeda. Never heard of them before they appeared in RBN. 

I don't really listen to them daily or whatever, but Amberian Dawn has their own good touch on the power metal genre, and Andromeda is pretty interesting in their own way.

#7 FujiSkunk

FujiSkunk
  • 803 posts

Posted July 11, 2019 - 02:10 PM

Franz Ferdinand, Modest Mouse, and from the RBN, the Apples in Stereo.

I haven't latched on to these bands as a whole, but thanks to RB there are now songs I like from the Killers and the Raveonettes.  And thanks to RB I also now have more appreciation for several '90s bands I didn't really care for before, including Stone Temple Pilots, Soundgarden, Weezer and Garbage.

#8 Ruggy

Ruggy
  • 93 posts

Posted July 12, 2019 - 06:45 AM

Actually, I learned how to produce music authoring songs way back into RBN1 era, I own RB my life.

X77a5SB.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users