Clone Hero and C3X: why it never happened

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#81 siavash

siavash
  • 15 posts

Posted May 9, 2019 - 09:50 PM

Siavash, you have the luxury of posting private and direct messages with names and all, something my ethic doesn't really agree with. You have to know I have months of discussions saved, part of which I posted anonymized. You also have another advantage: I care about Sygenysis, and to prove you wrong in that conversation you posted I would need to bring up private messages with him. I'm not going to do that: as I've been reminded by friends, we have to abide by our own moral standards. I don't care if people think that the exchange you posted with Sy is representative of what was going on behind the scenes, I can only say I know it's not because I have the full chats with him. Then again, maybe you didn't fully know too, I can concede.

YJxEIyW.png

There you go again grasping for reasons to criticize. Sygenysis was completely fine with me posting what I did.

Furthermore, no one ever "loses" the right to set things straight. 

The Clone Hero admins don't really have much to do with this. This is something that the CH charters are privy to, not the majority of the admins. At the time of the C3X negotiations, the only admins who were also charters were myself and Sygenysis. Now, it is only me. The charters and admins of CSC are the ones who witnessed the events go down, and they were the ones who discussed the proposition and were trying to get answers from you. I am completely on-board with some kind of Discord group DM to discuss this matter. I've alerted a few other members of the community to come here and give their decision as well, so we just wait now.

#82 CyclopsDragon

CyclopsDragon
  • 7 posts

Posted May 9, 2019 - 09:54 PM

I, for one, am completely okay with having a proper discussion on these things. I'm not sure who you want involved in the discussion, as the Clone Hero Discord adminship and the main charting figures are entirely separate groups. As a CSC administrator and CH Discord chart reviewer, I would offer to participate in such a discussion.

I would, however, like to point out that I would argue that many people in this thread, possibly including yourself, also "had already made up your collective minds about this". The combination of both parties having done so was what made this discussion so difficult.

#83 gaebpls

gaebpls
  • 4 posts

Posted May 9, 2019 - 09:56 PM

I'm open to a full discussion, but everything has to be on the table: name, structure, everything. We need to start this from the ground up if we're going to make it work. If you guys are open to that, I'd be happy to talk it through for sure. As one of the head administrators of CSC I'd be down to be involved in that. I'm definitely at the point now, as are a number of others, that I think it would be a good step to bury the hatchet and try to work more productively.

Your other terms aren't things that are under my control, so I can't add anything on them.

#84 Paturages

Paturages
  • 1 posts

Posted May 10, 2019 - 08:45 AM

As one of the CSC admins, chart reviewers, part of the CH Discord staff and as the dev and maintainer of chorus, I am also open to a joint discussion about our communities and how to improve their interactions.

We can notably discuss how to best promote C3 within our community: it's a fact that many of the songs provided by C3 are not available on chorus and we do often point people directly to your platform and instruct them how to convert the songs. I had plans myself for chorus involving re-indexing C3 charts, but linking directly to the platform (instead of converting) to not deprive C3 authors from getting view/download counts (among other reasons): maybe we can also discuss the specifics of that possibly happening or not.

#85 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,450 posts

Posted May 10, 2019 - 11:15 AM

As one of the CSC admins, chart reviewers, part of the CH Discord staff and as the dev and maintainer of chorus, I am also open to a joint discussion about our communities and how to improve their interactions.

We can notably discuss how to best promote C3 within our community: it's a fact that many of the songs provided by C3 are not available on chorus and we do often point people directly to your platform and instruct them how to convert the songs. I had plans myself for chorus involving re-indexing C3 charts, but linking directly to the platform (instead of converting) to not deprive C3 authors from getting view/download counts (among other reasons): maybe we can also discuss the specifics of that possibly happening or not.

I had a very very long discussion about our database last summer too, and of course C3 Universe, which is a great platform regardless of hosting, can be a subject of discussion.

#86 Farottone

Farottone

The Lean Mean Customs Charting Machine

• Administrator
  • 6,450 posts

Posted May 10, 2019 - 11:21 AM

If we need more people involved on CH's end we can add on our end no problem. The main problem I had when I started discussions is I was told I had to go author by author, and that was simply not efficient. A common chat could also be a permanent place to establish a shared ground for admin, planning, etc. purposes

#87 Synth

Synth
  • 156 posts

Posted May 10, 2019 - 01:19 PM

Well, shit happened.

f2xbucx.png

Long Season (Live) - Fishmans

#88 doa

doa
  • 223 posts

Posted May 10, 2019 - 09:45 PM

Happy to see things moving forward.